CellarPro 3200VSi-ECX Cooling Unit #1616
CellarPro's 3200VSi-ECX cooling units (1/3 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 800* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 3200VSi-ECX units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Now with energy-efficient EC fans for better performance! Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
- CellarPro 3200VSi-ECX units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through-the-wall and sized to fit in between standard wall studs.
- 3200VSi-ECX units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 3200VSi-ECX units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need our rear duct kit.
- 3200VS Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- For installation in environments below 40F, 3200VSi-ECX units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $123.59 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-20 to 110F). If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1/2" drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Our easy-access disposable air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 14 1/10w x 25 1/10d x 19 3/5h (in)
Weight: 130 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Startup: 30.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 8.9 Amps (high fan speed)
BTUH @ 55F / Decibels:
-Low Fan Speed: 2487 / 54 dBA
-Medium Fan Speed: 2876 / 58 dBA
-High Fan Speed: 3040 / 66 dBA
1/3 Ton Nominal
Capacity: 3040 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side)#7407 and Kit #1113: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow, up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct) using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Some limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our hot-side (rear) duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
If I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit, is that Ok?
A: The rear of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The hot air exhaust and/or intake can be ducted to another location with our rear duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
Ratings & Reviews
Cellar Pro Cooling Unit
I now have three Cellar Pro units. My interaction with Bryan has been excellent. He got me the right product and it shipped timely. It was easy to install and has worked perfectly. Great product.
CellarPro 3200 vsi
by R Cruse
Installed through the wall and working great.. It's only been a few days so no idea of long term use yet.
by Mac Trench
Good design and easy to install
Cellar Pro VS Series
by AWC, Inc.
Quality unit from a consistent and reliable company. The versatility of the VS Series units make them an easy choice!
CellarPro VSi Series
by Cellars South -
We are a professional wine cellar designer / builder in the southeast. Climate control systems tend to be the biggest headache in this industry. And over the years we have dealt with most of them, but have made CellarPro our go to choice because of quality, reliability, least amount of maintenance issues and excellent customer service. We have used most all of their systems at one time or another, but the VSI series is what we tend to use the most not only because of its quality, but it’s versatility, ease of installation and cost. It’s a solid product and a solid company. Highly recommend.
Cellar Pro Cooling System
by Messina Homes -
Great service, very informative, fast delivery
Great Cooler. Very Happy .... Mostly
I have recently purchased my second 3200vsi unit. I have always been pleased with the unit's performance as it has kept my wine in pristine condition for most of a decade. The first unit needed a new control panel after about 5 years and the unit became unserviceable after about 8. It would have loved for it to have it to have lasted longer and not had issues along the way, but don't know if that is realistic.
Easy replacement for Breezaire 4000
by Mike -
I moved to a new house 6 years ago with no wine cellar and purchased a 2000 bottle wine vault and placed in my garage. I upgraded both the insulation and cooling unit from a breezaire 3000 to a breezaire 4000 as we can get summer temperatures in excess of 100. It generally worked well but had trouble maintaining 60 in hot weather and this year could only get down to 64 by running continually. I decided to swap for a new unit, after reviewing the market I decided on the CellarPro 3200VSI, great pre-sales service from CellarPro. The unit arrived I unpacked tested on flat surface as instructed and asked a friend to help me install as the unit weighs over 100 lbs. 30 minutes later the unit was installed and working! So far I have had no problems maintaining 58 even in the hottest weather. So far very happy with my purchase, I use it with a bottle probe and the unit is on for less than 50% of the time.
CellarPro 3200Vsi & accessories
by Jeff K -
I just ordered and installed the 3200Vsi cooling unit along with the ducted accessory. The order process was very easy and Bruce was very helpful in determining everything I need. The installation was a breeze. I found the instruction cut sheets supplied to be very helpful. The whole installation process took about 1 1/2 hrs and was pleased to see how quickly my cellar was cooled to my desired temperature. The unit itself is installed in my basement so I have no noise in my cellar to interfere with my music. I would highly recommend CellarPro for all of your wine cooling needs.
Easy replacement for Breezaire WKE3000
I have a small wine room that came with the Breezaire WKE3000. The first unit lasted about 8 years. The next one lasted about 7. The next only 3, at which point I had it serviced and it lasted 2 more. So, I was excited to learn of the CellarPro coolers that seem to take quality more seriously. The unit is nearly identical in size and so replacement/installation was really easy. It is a nice upgrade in functionality, too, with the rear power cord being an included option, adjustable fan speed, built-in condensation evaporation (if needed - and I don't). I won't know about longevity for years. So, here are my minor complaints: My room was designed with the cooler at the bottom, so circulation is not ideal. I bought a magnetic stick on vent to direct the air output upwards, but it turned out the face of the unit has an aluminum plate, so it didn't stick - but velcro does. On medium and high fan speeds, it is noisier than the Breezaire was, but not by a lot.
Very disappointing lifespan
Very disappointing lifespan-compressor died after only seven years despite meticulous maintenance. No local help available without returning it to Celler Pro. Installed pursuant to your specifications and I expected more than seven years and out. Still when it ran and it ran well and because of my configuration I bought another identical unit. I am hopeful of greater longevity.
Great Wine Cellar Cooling Unit
I replaced another brand cooling unit that had failed. It's published specs were correct making the Cellarpro easy to install. Since using it, it has performed exceptionally. The unit is quiet and has a number of features not found on my previous unit. Very satisfied and would highly recommend.
High Quality Unit
Purchased the unit for a newly built wine cellar. Unit is quiet, efficient, and keeps temperature extremely stable. This unit delivers exactly as advertised and after 9-12 months of use has run perfectly and I would recommend the unit to others
Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely. IT arrived with a hole in the box, but there was no damage to the machine. The driver took all the particulars of the hole as well as pictures. Hope all will be well.
After 5+ years rear fan went bad. Opted to replace with a new unit. Customer Service was great and unit delivered within one week
by Bob S
Replaced a Breezaire which died after 3 years. Easy to install and looks great. Bryan made ordering easy and great follow-up throughout.
by Douglas M
Ordered from cellar pro and showed up as promised by common carrier. I ducted mine into the wine room. I'm using the room probe and the chiller is holding the temperature as set. It was easy to install and is doing well after 1 week. I would order this again.
3200VS Cooling Unit Review
Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely.Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
Recently installed. Ordering and delivery went smoothly. Unit is operating perfectly so far.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
Nice unit.... replaced a former Breezaire unit. Bryan was very helpful - during and after the order.
Solid unit - and Great customer service
Unit is very solid and so far, after 3 months is working well. Had an error message on start up which was due to my venting of the unit, and troubleshooted quickly by customer service. Only complaint is that I might need the exhaust duct kit, when I purchased from IWA I was told I could add the kit on later. Well, it is usually done at the factory, so for me to do it now I have to pull the unit out which will be a pain.
Reply from CellarPro:
Greg, actually, 1800 duct kits usually are done in the factory, but VS units do not require auxiliary fans (unless the ducting will extend beyond 50 equivalent feet per duct) and therefore their duct kits are installed easily in the field.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
by Archie B
Great unit - Bryan was a great help - made it very easy to order
CellarPro 3200VSi Review
Customer service is outstanding, even during the ordering process to ensure that the option items ordered match the correct cooling unit.
So far so good
by Walter K
So far can't find anything to complain about. Looks well made. They use stainless where other company's use steel that rusts. Excellent tech support for what questions we had. Jimmy was a great help with getting the right unit ordered. Look forward to doing business with them again.
Excellent Support. Solid Shipping. Great Unit
by Lloyd -
Highly recommended! I started by placing an order for a different unit which would have been too small for my cellar... they worked with me right from the start, learned all about my cellar and helped me pick the right size unit. It came shipped, very well packaged and on a pallet. The unit has worked flawlessly since instaling. I use the bottle probe, works great. Outside the cellar: about 75F, 50% humidity Inside: 56F, 70% humidity dead on steady. The unit feels solid and looks well made. I think the unit is very quite. Easily can have a conversation in the same room, just a soft background woosh, and it's off most of the time anyway. If you're thinking of buying a unit, contact them first - they will work with you to pick the right size for your cellar size/conditions.