CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit #1616
CellarPro's 3200VSi cooling units (1/3 Ton Nominal) are suitable for wine cellars up to 800 cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. The 800 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 55F inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85F outside the cellar.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 3200VSi units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
- CellarPro 3200VSi units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through-the-wall and sized to fit in between standard wall studs.
- 3200VSi units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 3200VSi units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need our rear duct kit.
- 3200VS Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- For installation in environments below 40F, 3200VSi units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-20 to 110F). If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1/2" drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Our easy-access disposable air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 14 1/10w x 25 1/10d x 19 3/5h (in)
Weight: 130 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Startup: 30.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 9.2 Amps (high fan speed)
- Total Watts with Evaporator On / Med Fan: 808
- Total Watts with Evaporator Off / Med Fan: 608
- Compatible with Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
BTUH @ 55F / Decibels:
-Low Fan Speed: 2487 / 54 dBA
-Medium Fan Speed: 2876 / 58 dBA
-High Fan Speed: 3040 / 66 dBA
1/3 Ton Nominal
Capacity: 3040 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
Warranty: 2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following link(s) for more information about our 3200VSi wine cooling unit:.
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Sound Performance
- Cut Sheet
- Cold Side Ducting - Cut Sheet
- Cold and Hot Side - As Ducted
- Installation Diagrams
- Framing Diagram
- Configuration Options
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side)#7407 and Kit #1113: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow, up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct) using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our hot-side (rear) duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
If I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit, is that Ok?
A: The rear of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The hot air exhaust and/or intake can be ducted to another location with our rear duct hoods and kits, which allow rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
Ratings & Reviews
High Quality Unit
Purchased the unit for a newly built wine cellar. Unit is quiet, efficient, and keeps temperature extremely stable. This unit delivers exactly as advertised and after 9-12 months of use has run perfectly and I would recommend the unit to others
Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely. IT arrived with a hole in the box, but there was no damage to the machine. The driver took all the particulars of the hole as well as pictures. Hope all will be well.
After 5+ years rear fan went bad. Opted to replace with a new unit. Customer Service was great and unit delivered within one week
by Bob S
Replaced a Breezaire which died after 3 years. Easy to install and looks great. Bryan made ordering easy and great follow-up throughout.
by Douglas M
Ordered from cellar pro and showed up as promised by common carrier. I ducted mine into the wine room. I'm using the room probe and the chiller is holding the temperature as set. It was easy to install and is doing well after 1 week. I would order this again.
3200VS Cooling Unit Review
Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely.Everything went as described with the installation. So far the unit is operating nicely.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
Recently installed. Ordering and delivery went smoothly. Unit is operating perfectly so far.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
Nice unit.... replaced a former Breezaire unit. Bryan was very helpful - during and after the order.
Solid unit - and Great customer service
Unit is very solid and so far, after 3 months is working well. Had an error message on start up which was due to my venting of the unit, and troubleshooted quickly by customer service. Only complaint is that I might need the exhaust duct kit, when I purchased from IWA I was told I could add the kit on later. Well, it is usually done at the factory, so for me to do it now I have to pull the unit out which will be a pain.
Reply from CellarPro:
Greg, actually, 1800 duct kits usually are done in the factory, but VS units do not require auxiliary fans (unless the ducting will extend beyond 50 equivalent feet per duct) and therefore their duct kits are installed easily in the field.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
by Archie B
Great unit - Bryan was a great help - made it very easy to order
CellarPro 3200VSi Review
Customer service is outstanding, even during the ordering process to ensure that the option items ordered match the correct cooling unit.
So far so good
by Walter K
So far can't find anything to complain about. Looks well made. They use stainless where other company's use steel that rusts. Excellent tech support for what questions we had. Jimmy was a great help with getting the right unit ordered. Look forward to doing business with them again.
Excellent Support. Solid Shipping. Great Unit
by Lloyd -
Highly recommended! I started by placing an order for a different unit which would have been too small for my cellar... they worked with me right from the start, learned all about my cellar and helped me pick the right size unit. It came shipped, very well packaged and on a pallet. The unit has worked flawlessly since instaling. I use the bottle probe, works great. Outside the cellar: about 75F, 50% humidity Inside: 56F, 70% humidity dead on steady. The unit feels solid and looks well made. I think the unit is very quite. Easily can have a conversation in the same room, just a soft background woosh, and it's off most of the time anyway. If you're thinking of buying a unit, contact them first - they will work with you to pick the right size for your cellar size/conditions.
CellarPro 3200VSi Review
by Tom K
got this cooler for our new wine cellar. Installed it outside the cellar, and used the cold side duct kit. Works like a charm. Keeping the cellar cooled at a constant temp, and love the display and bottle probe. Definitely recommend
by MJ Custom Homes
by David B
Runs great. Easy to install with ducting kit
Good Warranty - Good Customer Service
by W.R. (Bob) Seeds
My Cellar Pro suffered a failure after 4 years of running 24/7. Its a piece of machinery, they will fail after some time, right? I immediately ordered a new unit, which they expedited and it is working perfectly. I then sent my old unit in to be repaired, compressor in warranty. When it is returned I will have a standby when this unit ultimately suffers a failure. My cellar contains $50K dollars worth of wine. Why would I not have a unit standing by. If I lived next to Cellar Pro, I would not need the backup. But I live in 100+ Texas. These are great units, with people who stand behind them. Will they eventually fail, sure. So will my toaster, my car and my home air conditioner, etc. etc. If you want to cool your cellar professionally this is the unit. If you don't have the resource to cool your wine cellar and plan for a failure contingency, don't build one.
Watch out for warranty issues
by Jay Hulbert
Our unit had a part fail, and CellarPro gave us the option to ship it back to them (we live in Indiana, CellarPro is in California) for warranty service or have a local refrigeration company fix it, either way under warranty. We opted to save the freight and have a local company do the work.
A few weeks later, the bills are in. The part was $30 something; the labor from the local refrigeration company (they had to remove the unit from the wall) was $486.
Now CellarPro tells us that while they cover labor when a customer ships the unit back to them, they DO NOT cover labor when a local refrigeration firm does the work. The evidently told the local refer company that, but they neglected to let us know before we made our decision, so we are out $486.
My advice is, unless you are close enough to CellarPro to have them service the unit, seek cooling elsewhere.
Unit cools well, shipped with defect, poor customer service,
Unit was shipped promptly after purchase. Packing materials were first rate and undamaged on delivery. My first impression was that it is heavy duty unit designed to last. After installing it and turning it on, water started leaking out of the bottom rear of the case within a few hours. It was never reaching drain pipe. I called customer service and described the problem. The response was that it was probably an installation problem (mine). I sent an email with photos and a detailed description of the installation. There was no response from customer support for 3 business days even after I left 2 follow up voicemails. I finally received an email response which basically asked if my installation was correct. Customer service only contacted me by email, never a phone call and my representative was never available at his extension. By this time, I had decided to open up the unit to see what the problem was. I discovered a manufacturing defect in the supply line between the evaporator drain pan and the condenser drain pan which was allowing water to enter the case and leak out the back. I took photos of the defect, repaired it myself and put it back in service. I decided to do this to avoid the cost to me of shipping the unit back and shipping a new unit to me as well as the time involved. Shipping is not covered by the standard warranty. I called one of the owners to discuss my problems, left a voicemail and received a call back the next day. I was told that this type of defect had never been seen before. So far, the unit is operating correctly with no leaks. Temperature and humidity control are very good. I cannot give them better than an average rating based on my experiences with build quality and customer service. I would recommend that you purchase the extended warranty which covers shipping and is only slightly more than the shipping costs of a single return.
Good temperature control,, less than 1 degree variance
by Fredrick Wentz
Purchased the unit to condition an extra room in the basement. (After insulating that room of course)
Installation was easy and straightforward. I only needed assistance upon lifting the unit into the hole in the wall. The unit exhausts into the basement.
I only saw moisture at the drain when the overall house humidity was very high and the house AC was not running. (Sounds like I have a small amount of house air getting into the cellar)
I have a standalone probe connected to a wine bottle full of water. This probe is not connected to the cellarpro unit. With the unit set for an air temperature delta of 3 degrees, the actual liquid changes by less than one degree. That max/min was captured over several weeks, not within one day.
This is one of the quietest units I have heard.
Definitely a quality unit and I am very pleased with the results.
by Russ W
I just wanted to let you know that we have installed the unit that you sold us and that we are very pleased with the results and your service.
3200vsi Big Step UP
My setup includes a 500Cubic foot sealed cellar, no glass, concrete, brick,sheetrock and soybased insulation and vapor barrier. The unit is exhausting into a conditioned crawl space with temperature in the high 70 range. This unit is replacing a whisperkool 3000xlt which lasted just at 5years but was just able to reach 55F and was constantly on. The cellarpro was a big step up at a better price comparing similar newer whisperkool units.
Heavier but subtantially better made with superior controls. The whisperkool copper tubing wore out and developed a severe leak. Cellarpro apparently insulates their tubing as to prevent corrosion.
Also after 2weeks the cellarpro is having no trouble keeping temps in the 4degree set window and i frequently find it not running more than it is!
I purchased it based on communication with sales and had nothing but stellar support during my transition of cooling units. I also like the larger temperature differential it works in compared to other units. It doesnt seem like the unit is breaking a sweat.
The only issue I have now is stabilizing humidity during cooler months so will see if I need to add a humidifier later.
by Bill M
My previous two units were low-end. Thankfully, the CellarPro is a major move up. Quite robust with good temperature and humidity control. The fan control is most helpful when guests stay nearby. It can run very quietly when needed. At the high speed, it really moves the air.
by Rudy C
Unit has been running about 2 months - good temp control and impressed with air circulation modulation with and without compressor running that supports even temp within the cellar. Three fan control speeds is a plus for energy control and noise - with compressor noise very low. Controls give options for temp, range and energy savings mode that are adequate without being too complex. The ability to handle higher condensor temps is a real plus compared to competitive brands. I would recommend the product.
CellarPro 3200VSi Cooling Unit
by Ben W
Replaced a Breezaire unit that never kept the temp low enough. Had to work with this unit to get the temp right, but it's a more professional unit with digital info panel and more temp input options. Very quiet too. Quality equipment.