IWA Shipping Guidelines & Information
The availability and lead time for each item is shown on the item detail page (see screenshots below for examples and explanations). We offer a choice of shipping methods and rates that depend on the item type, size, amount and the shipping destination of the order.
All in-stock items ship from our warehouses which are located in northern and southern California. Items that are "Made to Order" ship directly from the manufacturers, which are located across the country.
We try to ship in-stock orders within 1 business day. Once shipped, transit times via FedEx Home/Ground, USPS and Saver are as follows (also refer to the map below):
- Shipments to the West Coast: approximately 1-2 business days
- Shipments to the Mid West: approximately 3-4 business days
- Shipments to the East Coast: approximately 5 business days
We also offer expedited shipping methods for most in-stock items that can be shipped via FedEx. Made to Order items, and items shipping via pallet, generally do not offer expedited shipping methods.
All orders shipping on a pallet (ie non FedEx and non USPS shipping methods) require a signature upon delivery, and the carrier will contact you prior to delivery to schedule the delivery. In addition, all Hazmat orders and orders over $500 require a signature.
The map at right shows the transit times for orders shipped via FedEx Ground, originating from our Petaluma facility, as follows:
- Wine Stemware, Accessories and Gifts: Transit times via FedEx Ground will depend on the ship-to address, as illustrated in the map.
- Expedited shipping methods also are available for most items, with guaranteed transit times ranging from 1 to 3 business days. Please note that Saturday Delivery is not included with expedited orders unless the order is placed by phone and specifically requested.
- Wine Racks: Transit times generally range from 7 to 10 days.
- Wine Cabinets: Transit times generally range from 3-4 weeks.
- Wine Cooling Units: Transit times generally range from 1-2 weeks.
- Wine Coolers: Transit times generally range from 1-2 weeks.
- Furniture: Transit times generally range from 2-3 weeks.
- Saver: (exclusively for our retail customers), we offer subsidized ground shipping (via USPS and FedEx) beginning at $7.95 for many items to physical addresses (no PO boxes) within the continental U.S. Oversized items and Hazmat items excluded.
- FedEx: we offer ground and expedited service based on negotiated FedEx rates. Please note that FedEx may require a signature for orders above $500.
- FedEx Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed Nitrogen gas, the Department of Transportation requires that we ship via Hazmat service and collect a Hazmat fee of $30 per package. Please note that FedEx requires a signature for all Hazmat orders.
- USPS: we offer First Class and Priority Mail services based on realtime USPS rates.
- Inside Delivery: for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates. The carrier will set up Le Cache wine cabinets (ie make sure the doors are aligned and install moldings). Any additional charges (eg for stair carries) must be arranged with IWA in advance. For Le Cache wine cabinets, additional charges generally will be due and payable to the carrier at the time of delivery.
- Door to Door Delivery: for wine furniture, we offer delivery to the first threshold. Unpacking, and placement are not included, and are available for an additional fee.
- LTL / Curbside Delivery: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders,we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees.
- Free Ground Shipping: for a limited time, receive free ground shipping on all CellarPro cooling units in the lower 48 United States. Accessories purchased and shipped with cooling units also ship free.
- FedEx Ground Canada: For selected items, we offer FedEx Ground Canada service based on negotiated FedEx rates.
- FedEx International Economy: based on negotiated FedEx rates outside the US.
- FedEx International Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed Nitrogen gas, the DOT requires that we ship via Hazmat service, which includes a Hazmat fee of $40 per package.
- Priority Mail International: based on USPS rates outside the US.
- Common Carrier Canada: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders,we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees.
- Inside Delivery - for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor, including setup and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates.
- Standard Int'l (Estimated) - we offer an estimated rate for international shipments as a placeholder. After an order is submitted, we will calculate the actual shipping rate, and if necessary, we will contact you to collect the difference between the actual and collected amounts.
For all items on our site, we display their availability with the following statuses:
- In Stock - These items are in stock at one of our California facilities, and are available for immediate delivery.
- Low Inventory - These items are in stock at one of our California facilities, however, we have low quantities of these items.
- Made to Order - These items are shipped directly from the manufacturers, which are located across the country. These items typically require longer lead times and generally cannot be expedited nor gift-wrapped.
- On Backorder - These items are sold out. When an item is on backorder, we will display the expected in-stock date, and can be purchased for shipment when the item once again becomes available. Please note:The expected in-stock date reflects our best guess and/or guidance from the supplier. As the in-stock date changes, we will provide updates to you, but we do not control the timing until we have the stock in hand.
Time to Fulfill
All items list the approximate lead time to fulfill (not including transit time). We try to ship orders as soon as we receive them, with the following guidelines:
- Wine Stemware, Accessories and Gifts: In-stock items generally will ship the same or the next business day.
- Personalized Items:These items can take from 1-2 weeks up to 6 weeks to fulfill.
- Wine Racks: VintageView wine racks generally will ship within 1-2 business days. Unstained wood kit wine racks generally will ship within 2 weeks. Stained and/or custom wood wine racks generally will ship within 6 weeks.
- Wine Cabinets: In-stock items from Le Cache generally will ship within 3-5 business days.
- Wine Cooling Units: most cooling units generally ship within 2-3 business days, except for the largest cooling units and water-cooled cooling units, which have lead times of 6-8 weeks.
- Wine Coolers: In-stock items generally ship within 1-2 business days.
- Furniture: In-stock items generally ship within 5-7 business days. Made to Order items generally required 4-6 weeks to build.
Earth-Friendly Packaging Fill
In most of our boxes with breakable items, we use 100% biodegradable, certified compostable packaging fill:
- 100% Biodegradable and Certified Compostable
- Disintegrates in water without polluting groundwater resources
- Starch-based, not petroleum-based
- Made from annually renewable resources
- Leaves no harmful residue
- No CFC's or VOC's
- Recyclable and reusable
- It costs more, but we think it's worth it!
In the Event of Freight Damage
Before we ship any orders from our Petaluma facility, we open, inspect and repackage all merchandise. Therefore, you can be certain that your order was in perfect condition before it was released to the freight carrier.
At the time of delivery, customers are responsible for inspecting both the packaging and the merchandise.
- Orders shipped via inside delivery or common carrier: In the event that your order arrives with damage, you must describe the condition of the packaging and the merchandise on the bill of lading.
- Orders shipped via FedEx or USPS: If your order arrives with damage, you must report the damage within seven (7) days of receipt. In most cases, we will request a picture of the outside packaging and the damaged merchandise prior to replacement of the damaged merchandise
Failure to follow these instructions may result in a denied insurance claim and/or billings for nonrefundable freight charges.
In the event of freight damage, the freight company has, at its discretion, the right to repair or replace the damaged item, provided that the item is in “as new” condition after the repair.