IWA Shipping Guidelines & Information
The availability and lead time for each item is shown on the item detail page (see screenshots below for examples and explanations). We offer a choice of shipping methods and rates that depend on the item type, size, amount and the shipping destination of the order.
All in-stock items ship from our warehouses which are located in northern and southern California. Items that are "Made to Order" ship directly from the manufacturers, which are located across the country.
We try to ship in-stock orders within 2 business days (our ship times may expand during the peak holiday season). Once shipped, transit times via FedEx Home/Ground, USPS and Saver are as follows (also refer to the map below):
- Shipments to the West Coast: approximately 1-2 business days
- Shipments to the Mid West: approximately 3-4 business days
- Shipments to the East Coast: approximately 5 business days
We also offer expedited shipping methods for most in-stock items that can be shipped via FedEx. Made to Order items, and items shipping via pallet, generally do not offer expedited shipping methods.
All orders shipping on a pallet (ie non FedEx and non USPS shipping methods) require a signature upon delivery, and the carrier will contact you prior to delivery to schedule the delivery. In addition, all Hazmat orders and orders over $500 require a signature.
Shipping Methods and Transit Times
Holiday Cutoff Dates: Click here to view our shipping cutoff calendar for the 2021 holiday season.
We offer a choice of shipping methods and transit times within the continental US as follows:
- Ground Saver (exclusively for our retail customers): We offer subsidized ground shipping via USPS, FedEx and SmartPost for most items shipping to physical addresses (no PO boxes) within the continental US. Oversized, Hazmat and some dropship items are excluded. Approximate transit times range from 2 to 10 days.
- FedEx Home / Ground: The map depicts approximate transit times for orders that are shipped via FedEx Home and Ground and originate from our Petaluma warehouse. These transit times are not guaranteed by FedEx.
- USPS First Class Mail and Priority Mail: Approximate transit times range from 3 to 10 days. These transit times are not guaranteed by USPS.
- FedEx 1-Day, 2-Day and 3-Day: We offer expedited shipping ranging from 1 to 3 business days with guaranteed transit times from FedEx after the order is shipped. Please note:
- We make every effort, but we cannot guarantee, that expedited orders will ship on the same day that we receive the order.
- Expedited orders deliver Monday through Friday. If you need Saturday delivery, there is an additional cost of $20 that will be added to your order, and you must let us know in the "Special Instructions" on the final checkout page.
- FedEx Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed gas, the Department of Transportation requires that we ship via Hazmat service and collect a Hazmat fee of $30 per package. Please note that FedEx requires a signature for all Hazmat orders. Transit times are the same as FedEx Home / Ground.
- Inside Delivery: for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates. The carrier will set up Le Cache and Transtherm wine cabinets (ie make sure the doors are aligned and install moldings). Any additional charges (eg for stair carries) must be arranged with IWA in advance. For Le Cache and Transtherm wine cabinets, additional charges generally are due and payable to the carrier at the time of delivery. Transit times generally range from 2 to 4 weeks, and the carrier will call to schedule the delivery in advance.
- Door to Door Delivery: for wine furniture, we offer delivery to the first threshold. Inside delivery, unpacking and placement are not included, and are available for an additional fee. Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks, and the carrier will call to schedule the delivery in advance.
- LTL / Curbside Delivery: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders, we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees. Inside delivery to a ground-floor room of choice can be added for $150. Inside delivery to a ground-floor garage can be added for $20. Unpacking is not included with any of these services. Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks, and the carrier will call to schedule the delivery in advance.
- Free Ground Shipping: for a limited time, receive free ground shipping on all CellarPro cooling units in the lower 48 United States. Accessories purchased and shipped with cooling units also ship free. Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks. 1800 Series cooling units ship via FedEx Ground / Home. Larger cooling units ship via LTL / Curbside Delivery.
* The rates shown in our site are for the continental US. After an order to HI and AK is submitted, we will calculate the actual shipping rate, and if necessary, we will contact you to collect the difference between the initial and actual shipping cost.
- FedEx International Economy: Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks.
- FedEx International Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed Nitrogen gas, the DOT requires that we ship via Hazmat service, which includes a Hazmat fee of $40 per package. Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks.
- Priority Mail International: Transit times generally range from 1 to 3 weeks.
- Common Carrier Canada: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders, we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees. Transit times generally range from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Inside Delivery: for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor, including setup and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates. Transit times generally range from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Standard Int'l (Estimated): we offer an estimated shipping rate for international shipments as a placeholder. After an order is submitted, we will calculate the actual shipping rate, and if necessary, we will contact you to collect the difference between the collected and actual shipping cost. Transit times will reflect the shipping method used, as listed above.
**International duties, fees and/or taxes (if any) are not included in our shipping rates, and are payable by the customer at the time of delivery.
For all items on our site, we display their availability with the following statuses:
- In Stock - These items are in stock at one of our California facilities, and are available for immediate delivery.
- Low Inventory - These items are in stock at one of our California facilities, however, we have low quantities of these items.
- Made to Order - These items are shipped directly from the manufacturers, which are located across the country. These items typically require longer lead times and generally cannot be expedited nor gift-wrapped.
- On Backorder - These items are sold out. When an item is on backorder, we will display the expected in-stock date, and can be purchased for shipment when the item once again becomes available. Please note:The expected in-stock date reflects our best guess and/or guidance from the supplier. As the in-stock date changes, we will provide updates to you, but we do not control the timing until we have the stock in hand.
Time to Fulfill
All items list the approximate lead time to fulfill (not including transit time). We try to ship orders as soon as we receive them, with the following guidelines:
- Wine Stemware, Accessories and Gifts: In-stock items generally will ship the same or the next business day.
- Personalized Items:These items can take from 1-2 weeks up to 6 weeks to fulfill.
- Wine Racks: VintageView wine racks generally will ship within 1-2 business days. Unstained wood kit wine racks generally will ship within 2 weeks. Stained and/or custom wood wine racks generally will ship within 6 weeks.
- Wine Cabinets: In-stock items from Le Cache generally will ship within 3-5 business days.
- Wine Cooling Units: most cooling units generally ship within 2-3 business days, except for the largest cooling units and water-cooled cooling units, which have lead times of 6-8 weeks.
- Wine Coolers: In-stock items generally ship within 1-2 business days.
- Furniture: In-stock items generally ship within 5-7 business days. Made to Order items generally required 4-6 weeks to build.
Earth-Friendly Packaging Fill
In most of our boxes with breakable items, we use 100% biodegradable, certified compostable packaging fill:
- 100% Biodegradable and Certified Compostable
- Disintegrates in water without polluting groundwater resources
- Starch-based, not petroleum-based
- Made from annually renewable resources
- Leaves no harmful residue
- No CFC's or VOC's
- Recyclable and reusable
- It costs more, but we think it's worth it!
In the Event of Freight Damage
Before we ship any orders from our Petaluma facility, we open, inspect and repackage all merchandise. Therefore, you can be certain that your order was in perfect condition before it was released to the freight carrier.
At the time of delivery, customers are responsible for inspecting both the packaging and the merchandise.
- Orders shipped via inside delivery or common carrier: In the event that your order arrives with damage, you must describe the condition of the packaging and the merchandise on the bill of lading.
- Orders shipped via FedEx or USPS: If your order arrives with damage, you must report the damage within seven (7) days of receipt. In most cases, we will request a picture of the outside packaging and the damaged merchandise prior to replacement of the damaged merchandise
Failure to follow these instructions may result in a denied insurance claim and/or billings for nonrefundable freight charges.
In the event of freight damage, the freight company has, at its discretion, the right to repair or replace the damaged item, provided that the item is in “as new” condition after the repair.