CellarPro VS/Split Duct KIT (Cold Side) Low RH #1476
This factory-installed kit allows the cooling unit to be located remotely from the cellar, providing 2 ducts for exhaust and intake between the cooling unit and the cellar. This kit should be used only when the cooling unit will be located in a conditioned and low-humidity environment. For installation in an unconditioned or high-humidity environment, use our HIGH RH kit instead.
Duct openings are designed to attach to two 8-inch ducts for evaporator intake and exhaust. Ducting should be 8-inch or greater from start to finish, and must not be reduced. Custom design allows access to controls and switches on the face of the cooling unit.
Requires 9 inches of additional height at the front of the cooling unit.
Kit includes: Duct hood, 50 feet (2x25) of 8-inch insulated (R-6) ducting, remote display kit and bottle probe.
The high fan speed setting is required when our unit is ducted.
Bottle Probe Operating Instructions:.
- When measuring liquid temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 1 degree (so that the wine liquid doesn't fluctuate more than 1 degree.)
- When measuring air temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 4 degrees (the cooling unit will burn out prematurely if the unit cycles on'off every time the air temperature changes by 1 degree.)
- The probe or bottle/probe must be located in a location with good air movement in order to correctly register the temperature changes inside the cellar.
- When measuring air temperature with ducted systems, the ideal location for the bottle probe is in the return air register; when measuring air temperature with through-the-wall systems, the ideal location for the bottle probe is near the return air grill; when measuring liquid temperatures in bottles, the ideal location of the bottle is near the top of the racks with good airflow.
- In all cases, it is recommended to check the actual cellar temperature against the display temperature when the bottle probe is first setup and subsequently whenever the location moves.
- Refer to our Owners Manual for instructions how to change the HY differential
Please note: This kit is recommended for low humidity, conditioned environments.Please use our high humidity duct kit if the system will be used in a warm, high humidity or unconditioned environment.
Be sure to refer to our ducting heat loss table and our duct correction table when sizing the cooling unit.
Only recommended for use in a conditioned and low-humidity environment. Please use our high-humidity duct kit if the system will be used in an unconditioned space with warm temperatures and/or,moderate , unconditioned or high humidity conditions.
- Attaches easily to the front of 3200/4200 VS and 3000S/4000S Split refrigeration systems
- Designed to be used in Low Humidity environments
- Provides access to cooling unit control panel and switches
- Designed for easy hook-up to insulated 8" ducting (included)
- Both openings must be ducted (total of 100 equivalent feet) to/from the cellar
- Maintains accurate temperatures inside the wine cellar
- Includes our remote thermostat bottle probe (measures air or liquid temperatures)
- Includes our remote control display kit
Size: 14 3/16w x 4 11/16d x 27 1/2h (in)
Weight: 35 lbs
Capacity: 100 Equivalent Feet
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Front Duct Hood Cut Sheet
- Framing Diagram
- Installation Diagrams
- Front Ducted 3000S / 4000S Cut Sheet
- Front Ducted 3200VS / 4200VS Cut Sheet
- Split Systems As Ducted
- 3200VS / 4200VS As Ducted
- Ducting Installation Best Practices
Ratings & Reviews
new wine closet
This kit has enabled me to install the chiller in the attic space outside the wine room. Inlet & outlet are in the ceiling. with no chiller to interfere with the racking. This is attached to a 4200VSI unit that is not in service as of yet. I'm installing sliding doors this weekend & racks in three weeks.
I miscalculated the location. Of the adjacent room, so I was forced to get this kit. It came with everything necessary and worked out great. I have the unit sitting in the furnace room and everything venting correctly. I did hire an hvac professional to be sure the vents were run correctly, but only took him an hour.