Self Contained Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800XT-ECX #1086
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800XT-ECX units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $26.02 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
CellarPro 1800XT-ECX cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) are suitable for small wine cellars (up to 250 cubic feet), commercial applications and wine cabinets located in garages (in temperatures ranging from 50-95F).
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800XT-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800XT-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 2200 and Wine-Mate 2500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800XT-ECX requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 263
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 47 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1456 BTUH @ 60F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Refer to filter replacements in the previous section.
- Evap Fresh #17984: Should be sprayed on the evaporator (cold-side) coils once a quarter, especially when the evaporator coils frequently have condensation, to extend the life of the evaporator coils and to reduce the growth of mold in the drain pan.
- Condenser Brush #1475: With a long handle and stiff bristles, the brush is ideal for cleaning off the dust and dirt that collect on the hot-side condenser coils, especially when a filter isn't used on the coils.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe Extension Cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Replacement unit / customer service
by GARY KOGER
Unit is a replacement for one that was installed 5 yrs. ago, ordered a new one, contacted customer support regarding the set point not being reached, they conducted a few tests with me over the phone, upon further review they sent me a new one, still having a hard time reaching set point. I will contact them again to see why we are having this problem. Customer service has been very easy responsive with trying figure out the issues.
Excellent, Quiet, Chiller
by MWMcCrary -
Excellent small wine room chiller. Very Quiet and easy to install.
by Douglas -
Replacing Wine Mate 2500 in Vino Temp 600 that had failed. I wanted to try a different brand as the quality seems to have been dropping. My friend recommended CellarPro. I worked with Sean and he identified the correct replacement. I picked it up and it was a drop in replacement for the existing unit. The new unit seems to be much quieter and it cools just as well. I am very happy with the purchase.
by Jean Pierre Forage MD
Product was shipped and worked flawlessly.
Great customer service and guidance
by Terra Rose Casteleyn -
Just got it installed so I’ll redo the review after a while to see how it’s running. But the company itself was so helpful in guiding me what to do bc this was very new to me. I appreciate the time he took to help and even though it’s custom made it came pretty quickly!
What a great company and cooling unit!
by Marie K
The sales person was very knowledgeable and helped me determine the correct CellarPro model to replace a Vinotemp unit. I purchased the Vinotemp unit in October 2020 and it stopped working after 2 years - the coolant had leaked inside the unit. The Vinotemp customer service was less than helpful, they never sent the replacement parts and did not respond to my subsequent emails. I purchased this cooling unit because of the customer service and great reviews. The CellarPro unit arrived on time as promised and the instructions to install were very easy to follow.
Easy to Replace
After 10+ years my original CellarPro conked out. Customer service ensured that I got a new unit posthaste. It was simple to replace in my wine vault. Two workers had it up and working in 45 minutes.
Great product and great customer service
by Joel B. -
Purchased this cooling unit because of the customer service. The product arrived a lot quicker than competitors' products too.
This cooling unit replaced a Vinotemp unit that could not maintain temperature on hot summer days. I purchased a cooling unit from Vinotemp to replace my old unit and waited three months for delivery of that unit. After just under 30 days, the Vinotemp unit failed, and I tried to troubleshoot the unit with Vinotemps customer service but reached a call center in India. I was told that I would have to wait another lengthy period before my unit would be fixed, which is not acceptable when I have an expensive inventory of wine. Fortunately, I learned about CellarPro and communicated with their customer service on the best replacement unit. I can also confirm that the service department was able to assist me shortly after installation with setting up the temperature probe. Happy to talk with knowledgeable employees familiar with the products.
No risk in purchasing 1800XT-ECX
by Al Boulanger
Replaced a competitors unit that failed. Very happy and pleased with the unit and buying experience. Highly recommend.
Replaced original 1800 after 11 years. Easy to order and I was able to remove old unit and install new unit easily. Advice from CellarPro staff on how to remove and install was valuable and exactly correct.
Replaced old 1800XT
The original 1800XT lasted more than 10 years, I called CellarPro to order a replacement, everyone that I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable. They had the unit in stock and I received the shipment in about 4 days (free shipping) It was very easy to install, a perfect fit!
Just replaced my dead Breezeaire unit that lasted 11 years. I was hesitant to try a new brand, but I could not be happier. The CellarPro unit is an exact fit for my cellar. Easy to install and is much quieter than the old unit. So far, so good.
Replace failed unit
Ordered Cellar Pro to replace failed Breezeaire. Rep said parts are on back order and might be a couple of weeks. Heard that before, and usually ends up being 6 mos or more nowadays. Happily it was ready and shipped in 2 weeks. And, they didn’t charge the order until it was ready, not up front like most. Got the unit promptly, was exactly what and how I had arranged, and was so simple to install I did it myself. Very happy with transaction. Quieter and works so much better than old unit!
Replacement cooling unit
by M Krantzman
The replacement unit we purchased worked beautiful and we are totally pleased with the net results
Replaced an existing Cellar Pro unit
When my old Cellar Pro finally died, I was relieved that the company still carried the same unit. It was easy to swap them out. The new unit is much quieter that the original one also. The customer service is excellent. I purchased an inline fan kit that came with ducting and my only issue was that we had to use sheet metal screws to anchor the ducts to the inline fan assembly. It would have been better if the screw holes had been predrilled. Other than that, it was an easy swap out.
Replacing the prior CellarPro 1800
I had a prior wine cooling unit that lasted 8 years - it still worked but the fan would not shut off and I figured it would burn out eventually. I ordered the slightly smaller cooling unit since I only had 100 Sq. Ft. or so to cool. I moved the cord to the front and added the hot air ducting. It would be nice if you could order just hot air ducting versus the system that comes that is set up for both. It's in and working well so far, placed just above the older unit . If one dies hopefully the other one will still work. The air filter that was sent does not fit with the ducting unit attached. I also found getting ahold of Customer service much easier in the past and they seemed more knowledgeable. Maybe another Covid casualty.
This unit directly replaced my old Wine-mate 2500 CD as an exact fit. The unit is quiet and working well. I went away from Wine-Mate because of early failure of that unit. I kept it on life support for 18 months with some Freon with stop leak from Walmart but it was too noisy. This seems to be a well designed unit.
I was replacing an existing Cooling Unit. When I called, we discussed the product that I was replacing to make sure that the correct new cooling unit was specified. Although the product, like a lot of products at that time, was backordered, the Unit was delivered on schedule and following the instructions made it easy to install. I installed it several weeks ago and it works perfectly. I am a happy customer and highly recommend the product and CellarPro as a company.
by Tom B -
Received my unit yesterday and installed it today. Everything GREAT and new unit much quieter than my old Breezaire WKCE 2200.
Cellar Pro 1800
Shipped quickly. Easy to install. Easy to operate. Much quieter than my old Breeze Air. Wish I had not put money into the Breeze Air and replaced a year ago with the CellarPro. Nice job. I love the new cooler unit. Thank you
Sean was very helpful in getting my replacement cooling unit quickly. Installation was simple!
not installed yet, but so far, extremely pleased with the help making purchase decisions and with delivery.
I purchased a Cellar Pro 1800XT to replace my old 1800 unit (circa 2006) in my Le Cache double-door storage cabinet. The unit was well packed and fired up right away before installation (as instructed). I was able to wrangle the old unit out of the Le Cache by myself, hoisted the new unit in (again solo), installed the insulating goop that came in the box, and voila, back in business. Great experience.
Perfect Replacement for Wine-Mate 2500
by Tyler E.
Cellar Pro 1800XT was a perfect replacement for our old Wine-Mate 2500 that stopped working. It was a direct bolt in, no modifications to the cabinet were required. New unit is very quiet and keeps the temperature stable. Customer service was top notch.
Everything went smoothly
by Harry P
Cellar Pro helped me choose the correct replacement for a Breezair unit, and told me enough to be able to do the installation myself (with one other person due to weight of the unit). And shipped exactly the parts I needed to retrofit the Cellar Pro even including the components to support the light. Great experience, and the unit is working as expected (for two weeks so far)