Le Cache Contemporary 2400 Wine Cabinet Classic #734
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood door and furniture trim
- Stainless bar pull and security lock
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 39w x 29d x 82h (in)
Weight: 385 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Capacity: 286 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 256 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 30 bottles (stacked)
2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
- Interactive Product Demo
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 35w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE:
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR:
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or it will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance above the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
Ratings & Reviews
Le Cache Contemporary Wine Rack
by Michael -
Great wine rack. This is a piece of furniture that I have in my dining room. Holds 286 bottles of wine. Keeps wine properly chills and doesn't make a lot of noise.
Beautiful Furniture, Poor Delivery
by Melissa H
Beautiful, well-built piece of furniture. Delivery service was not as described though.
Tough to Beat
by John L
Tough to beat great quality, quiet operation and superior customer service.
Great Piece of Furniture
by Vince H
The Le Cache wine cooler we purchased is beautiful and works great. It's very high quality from the cooling system to the doors and the racks. I would recommend these products to anyone that loves wine and wants to store it in an ideal enviornment that's also a great piece of furniture.
Disappointed with the Carpet Board
by Nicholas I.
The gentlemen who delivered the unit were professional. I am disappointed with the $40 carpet board I purchased from you that was
placed under my unit. The unit was place on the board and then pushed against the wall. However, the unit was not plugged in. I had to move the unit, take out the plug/wire, replace the styrofoam and then, with my two sons, replace the unit on the board and place it against the wall plugged in. This would have been impossible if I was elderly or didn't have my sons home from college to help. The unit should have been on a
wider wood board, plugged in and running before the delivery men left our home.
by Barry F.
Very pleased with my 2400 series cabinet and the service received upon purchase. I recommend this company and this product.
by Donna B.
The cooling system is somewhat noisy. Our unit is in our dining room and when we entertain I will likely shut off the unit. PS..... I do love the unit though, and it is beautiful!
by E. Lee
Purchased about one year ago. Will be purchasing another, but bigger model soon. Delivery was perfect. The fit, finish and quality of the unit is very good. Great product and great service translates to great value. Compared to other manufacturers, Le Cache has distinguished its products. Highly recommended.
by Charles G.
This is my second 2400 - first time for this cooling unit.
Nice people. Great service.
by Ed R.
Nice people. Great service.
by Donald W.
I'm very pleased.
Thanks for a great unit.
by Robert D.
Thanks for a great unit. Has received praises from all who have seen it.
Greatly appreciated the personal attention
by Paul T.
Greatly appreciated the personal attention from the owner... We felt very confident with our decision.
Best of all brands
by Don T.
Racking size is the best of all brands looked at. It enables even the largest bottles to be stored without any hassle. The open ends of the racking also make removing bottles very easy.
Magnificent piece of furniture!
by Henry A.
The Model 2400 is spectactularly beautiful. solid and a magnificent piece of furniture! It is quiet. and universal racks are outstanding. The people I talked to were wonderful.
Excellent customer service
by Tedd W.
Thank you for your responsiveness and excellent customer service to work through delivery issue. Turnaround time from purchase to delivery was so much appreciated (1 1/2 weeks).
by Patty H.
I was extremely impressed by the overall experience. from the first telephone call until the delivery.
by Michael C.
I'm extremely impressed with my overall experience of purchasing my wine cabinet from Le Cache. Your product/service has been nothing short of exemplary.
by Jim N.
You'll select Le Cache
by Stephen R.
[If you are a prospective purchaser. you should] personally inspect the competition - you'll select Le Cache.
by Tony R.
by Bayardo V.
You have a great product and your customer service is excellent. Thank you again.
by Larry J.
A beautiful piece of furniture that is also a great wine chiller. Thanks for the awesome craftsmanship.
by Ken F.
Wonderful in all aspects.
by Michael G.
As the third compressor in as many years started to fail in my existing wine cabinet manufactured by someone other than Le Cache, it was time for me to begin a search for a replacement. After extensive research comparing all price points it became apparent Le Cache offered one of the best price to value relationships. In addition they were one of few who even offered an upgraded compressor. After speaking directly with Le Cache and having all of my questions answered I proceeded with the order. Even though the lead time for my model 2400 cabinet was 2-3 weeks due to high demand, Le Cache expedited my order so as not to risk damage to my existing collection. Order entry was simple and the tracking links worked perfectly and the delivery and setup went without any problems as well. In this day and age where customer service is virtually non-existent, Le Cache hit all the notes and I would highly recommend both the product and the staff to any individual in the market for a wine storage unit.