CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit #1084
CellarPro's 1800QT wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 10-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1380 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Replacement for Breeze air unit
by Leonard -
Installation went perfect and worked as advertised. My customer is very satisfied with the new unit
Breezaire Replacement, Excellent Customer Service in Ordering
by Steve F
Relatively easy replacement for failed Breezaire unit. Screws and outlet on the side required some Dremel modifications, but unit slid in well after that. Very quiet operation. Unit was delivered quickly within two days (I'm local in Norcal). Would have given 5 stars but price point pretty high.
by Henry D -
Ordered a CellarPro 1800, to replace a breeze air unit in my Lecache wine cabinet. The service representative was so knowledgeable he told me the model that was the best for my cabinet. Unbelievable how much quieter the CellarPro is compared to the breezeaire it replaced.
by Don R. -
Contacted IWA on Tuesday and discussed my options regarding the repair or replacement of my cooling unit that was flawless for over 6 years. Decided that a new unit was in order and on the following Monday received my unit in Blaine, Washington. Crossing the border picked up the new unit and within a couple of hours the new unit was up and running. I was very appreciative of the service. My only comment would have been to suggest at the time of purchase that it would be a good time to also replace the filter which came a few days later after recontacting the service department. Keep up the Good Work!
by Gregg S -
I have an older VinoTemp Wine Cabinet that I picked up on Craigslist and the installed the 1800QT. Customer Service helped me make sure it was the correct size. Installation was a breeze and this thing rocks. The cabinet is bit more dense than newer cabinets and was running a lot and working with Customer Service I added a bottle probe and now things have settled down and it runs only about every 4 hours and air temps don't swing more than 1.5-2 degrees! A nice feature is the fan turns on every 15 mins for 3 mins to circulate the air and prevent stratification! So far - I'm really pleased with this unit and service!!!
CellarPro 1800QT Review
After 6 years of flawless running.... my Cellar Pro unit gave in. Since my wine fridge was purchased through IWA, I called the company to discuss my options. The decision was made that a replacement unit would perhaps be my best option. The new unit was shipped on the 17th of Jan. and received 4 days later in Blaine, Washington.The company paid the shipping cost and I only had to cross the border and pay the duty on the unit.
They included a new manual on how to install the new unit and with the help of a friend the LeCache wine fridge was up an running in only a few hours.
To the staff at IWA a big thank you in your help and prompt service.
Replacing Breezaire Cooling Unit with CellarPro Unit
by Mike -
Needed to replace my 12 year Breezaire cooling unit for my LeCache wine cabinet that was no longer working. Called LeCache and received recommendation to purchase CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit. New unit was sent within 3 days. The installation was a snap and the new unit works so much better than the original unit. Very happy with the product and service I received!
by Michael Amato
I'm not happy that my unit, installed in 2/18 shut down 8 months later and had to be replaced, but things happen. What really concerned me is the whole process of replacing the unit took almost 2 weeks, so I'm hoping and praying my wine is not affected. The new unit is performing as expected now and the installation instructions wee clear, but things that need improving are email response times (1-2 days later) and clear communication that although I paid for expedited next day shipping, I wouldn't receive my unit until more than a week later.
Replacing old unit with CellarPro 1800QT
by Robert -
My Brazaire 1060 failed after 8 years and I had to replace the unit. I replaced it with the CellarPro 1800QT. The replacement process was easy and the unit makes less noise. There are videos on the CellarPro website showing how to replace it.
Replaced Brazaire1060 with CellarPro 1800QT
by Bob B
I ordered the CellarPro 1800QT because my Brazaire 1060 failed after 8 years. The unit swapped out easily and runs quiet. You will not be disappointed.
by Scott C
It was a breeze to order a new unit. A very painless process. The unit was delivered with detailed instructions and fit in my existing cabinet with no problems. Great unit
I just received the QT1800 and installed it the other night. the unit is controlling the inside temperature as advertised. I'm looking for a longer life then the original cooling unit that was installed from the facture. Got about 6 years from the old unit. The unit is running very quiet and hope to get 15 years from this unit.
This unit replace a different brand I had that I purchased in 2005...so far it is working great. I love the added factor of the probe it save energy and will give this unit a longer life span. The unit is quiet and if I get a least another 15 years this will prove to be a good purchase. The price was around 30% more than the Breezeaire
Good service - hope it lasts longer than my first one
by Mark C
This unit replaced a very similar CellarPro unit which failed when it was just 8 months out of warranty. That part was very disappointing. The service and communication with CellarPro was very good. They gave me a discount on the replacement unit, but it still wasn't cheap. Replacing the old unit was easy and it is working well after 3 weeks. If the new unit lasts significantly longer than the warranty period, it will be a 5-star purchase. I would give the company 5-stars for customer service, but only 3 stars for the original product which lasted less than 6 years and was expensive to replace even with a discount thrown in.
Vinotemp Wine-Mate 1500HTD replacement
My 8yo Wine-Mate died and after trying to get it diagnosed and fixed, I gave up and bought a new CellarPro 1800QT. Communication with the company was easy and purchase/delivery were efficient. The 1800QT is dimensionally matched to the 1500HTD so was very easy to install. The 1800QT is much quieter than the Vinotemp unit, and I think has somewhat higher cooling capacity. I like the optional filter, which was not available on the Vinotemp. Overall, I'm very happy and my wine is very happy!
by John H.
Easy replacement for BA1060 in a cabinet. Note, you must remove the front grill to fit the unit into the existing hole in the back of the cabinet.
Easy to install and works great.
by Greg Gurbach
This unit is easy to install or replace your old unit. It is very efficient. The technical support (by phone) in helping with installation recommendations was extremely helpful.
Another Breezaire 1060 Replacement
It fit perfectly in the opening where the Breezaire had been. It looks good and has been working fine for the few weeks that it has been installed. I must say, that I think all these types of units are overpriced, but that being said, I'm content with this purchase. I'll be more content in about 15 years if it lasts.
Cooling Unit New Replacement
After fifteen years the Breezaire 1060 iced up, so after researching for a new replacement, I decided to go with the CellarPro 1800QT. The replacement was easy, it's quiet and its running like a champ. I may have to lower the factory setting temperature, it has currently settle at 59 degrees. I just hope I get another fifteen year out of this unit also.
The new replacement unit is quiet and works great. It was a little challenging to install based on the time of La Cache I own, but I am quite happy. Great service from the company.
1800QT Replacement for LeCache
by Peter P
Unit works great! Almost a perfect replacement for my old LeCache cooling unit of 13 years. The cellar pro replacement unit was just slightly larger and therefore required me to unscrew the 3 screws for the metal strap that holds the cooling unit to the inside top of the cabinet. Not a big deal but would have made it a lot easier to install if I had known this from the being. Still I would highly recommend the 1800QT as a replacement unit and it is surprisingly quiet!
Way better than wine mate 1500..
I had to replace my 2nd wine mate 1500 in my wine cabinet . Went with these guys and its quieter and doesn't run nearly as long. Wine mate 1500 was running all the time . Fairly easy to install.
by Mark S.
Local company for me in the California Bay area- bought my unit as a replacement for my old breezaire out of my Vinotemp E 300 cabinet. Excellent customer service as I emailed in a question and got a phone call from Jimmy one of the design engineers. ( When you call in this company answers the phones!!!) I went to check it out for the fit in my cabinet- perfect replacement, quiet chiller, looks great, well built construction. BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Great features on the chiller unit also.
This a replacement for a Breeze Air and we are very satisfied. It is much quitier and runs less.
Outstanding Wine Cooling Unit
Just purchased a new CellarPro 1800QT and the customer service was amazing. Bruce helped me with the purchase and made sure I was happy with the transaction.