CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit #1084
CellarPro's 1800QT wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 10-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1380 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
by Owen B
I purchased a CellarPro 1800QT for installation in my wine closet. Installation was straightforward and easy. It took me less than half a day to install the cooling unit and the necessary ducting. The unit works wonderfully. I'm completely satisfied.
I purchased this unit to replace my breezeair unit that I had for 20 years. The CellarPro unit is far superior to my old unit. Its much quieter and runs a lot less. It’s easy to set and adjust the temperature and humidity levels. The only problem I had with the replacement of the unit was that over the years my cabinet swelled making the opening very tight, but with a little work in went in perfectly. I would recommend this unit to anyone who wants a easy to set and trouble free unit.
My original unit installed in my cellar unit died after 8 years. I was asked to gather data and send it to Cellar Pro. They said the most likely cause is the compressor. So I decided to order a new 1800 and everyone I talked to was extremely helpful during the installation. The only problem is that these units can fail in 8 years! I was impressed with the level of customer focus of Cellar Pro.
by ART -
Bought a La Cache wine cooler (which I LOVE) around 10 years ago and the original Cellar Pro cooling unit just died. Disappointed it doesn't last longer, but was told it is the average lifespan of the unit. Cellar Pro was able to replace it easily & efficiently. Unfortunately, FedEx failed to deliver to me in the promised time (took more than twice as long) so the company sent me a gift certificate. Not perfect but they do try and make a great product. My brother-in-law and I were able to replace the unit quickly & easily. Would definitely recommend.
by Dave H
I got the unit to replace the original cooling unit in a Le Cache cellar we had purchased back in 2010. Shipping was quick, and the unit was far easier to install than I feared. The old unit was swapped out and the new unit in and working in just a few minutes. The new unit is working perfectly, and seems to be much quieter than the old model.
Excellent replacement for Breezaire
by Anita -
Our old Breezaire 1060 had been replaced once, then the replacement needed a part. Finally it died again. We were finished with Breezaire and contacted LeCache to see what options we had. I was very happy to get the CellarPro shipped directly to my home quickly. Installation was quick and easy. Success, my wines were saved!
by Paul B -
The unit was to replace an original unit from a la cache 2400 series cabinet that we purchased in 2007. The new cellarpro unit was easy to install and is working like clockwork. I am the wine director at the Ritz Carlton Dallas and as a career Sommelier would highly recommend both la cache and celerpro for their quality, durability, beauty and functionality.
1800QT. I replaced a Breezaire that came with my credenza. I went with the slightly more powerful QT to make sure I had plenty of cooling. The change out was much easier than I had expected and the new CellarPro is running great. I wish I had switched years ago as the Breeze always seemed to struggle. The QT is holding the temp with ease.
Quieter than the Breezaire
Replaced a Breezaire 1060. Like a previous rater, I too had a few bent cooling fins in back. It was indeed the perfect replacement size for my wine credenza. Cooling is working fine and the thing I notice most is that it is considerably quieter than the Breezaire. Waiting to see the longevity of the unit, compared to Breezaire.
Replacement unit improved
by Mike S
Used the CellarPro to replace older Breezaire unit which was failing. New unit is quieter, runs less often and appears very effective. Easy to install (one person, no issue). Unit arrived with minor damage to cooling fins in back from shipping but not badly enough to return. In all, a little more expensive but seems much better than the prior unit.
A Bit Pricey
by Maurice C -
Our old cooling unit started to be unable to bring the temp down below 62 deg. F. The very friendly customer service said it probably has lost some charge and the only option was to order a new unit, repair isn't possible. Delivery was prompt, once ordered. For a unit at $1.5K (with tax), it seems simple repairs should be possible to avoid total replacement. The new unit runs quieter than the old CellarPro unit, but taking down the LED light caused it to fail so that's another $100+tax to get the cabinet back in shape.
Replacement Cooling unit
by Royce J -
My Cellarpro 1800 was originally bought 7 years ago as a replacement. During the summer (in Texas), I had noticed that it was not getting as cool as it normally should. I leave on an extended road trip and my daughter checks on the house and says "the wine cellar is beeping". I contact IWA and since I will be in California, I pick it up in Petaluma. Keith was extremely helpful. We put it in the car and I head home. On installation, it works perfectly and I hope I can get another 7 years plus out of it. My old unit, well it will be sent in for repair and I should then have a re-furbished backup.
Customer service was Great.
First unit failed after 5 years 6 months. Not too happy about that. Refrigeration units should last.longer than that. But, stuff happens. Replacement unit shipped promptly and installed easily. Customer service was great.
Is it on ?
by Robert -
I bought my unit in 2019 to replace a Breezaire. The old unit was VERY loud and occasionally leaked on some of my bottles. The new CellarPro is so quiet I often don’t know that it’s on unless I look at the lights. Also; the black color looks much better than the old yellow unit I replaced. Great investment.
by Arthur -
Bought my first CellarPro unit in 2010 to replace a competitor's unit that had been a problem for several years. The CellarPro unit was perfect for 9 Florida-hot years until it finally gave out. Wouldn't think of replacing it with anything but another CellarPro. Simple installation and we are up and running. The customer service and sales force are very easy to work with. Looking forward to contacting them in about 10 years, if all goes well.
Great customer service. Very helpful.
Good Warranty Service
by Don B -
Bought my 1800 QT unit for an existing cabinet. It installed easily, and worked well, for one year, when exhaust fan went out. Full unit warranty replacement was quick. Refundable deposit was required, to be credited upon receipt of old unit. I gave rating of 4 1/2 stars only due to somewhat cumbersome email exchanges to get warranty replacement underway, and pending receipt of my $595 warranty deposit.
CellarPro 1800QT Cooling (Unit #1084)
by James C
Purchased a 2009 La Cache Wine Vault, gently used, but the CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit was not operating properly. After multiple calls to technical support, which were extremely professional and helpful for troubleshooting, I made the decision to replace the entire unit because of the age, and to send off the original unit for a full rework by CellarPro so I can have a spare unit down the road. The new unit arrived PROMPTLY, and was a testament to the efficiency of their ordering and shipping processes. Condition upon arrival was pristine. Installation was straightforward, per their instructions and video. New systems works perfectly. Very quiet. Love it. My only criticism is the lack of a rebate if you send in a core as trade in for a new unit. I'm very interested to see the lifecycle of my new unit. Customer service was exceptional. New product is working perfectly so far (about a month).
Great customer service and easy install
by Daniel -
Could not ask for better customer service- all my questions were answered promptly. Online video helped clarify printed instructions for install. This was a lot easier than expected. It took my wife and I less than 30 minutes to install and we are both seniors. Putting blanket on top shelf for padding made job easier. Once 2 bolts removed the old cooler could be gently lowered from rear saddle bracket and new installed. All in all very satisfied...
CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit, replaced and fixed
by Robert B. -
CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit had issues with P3 and LA2 errors. I called the support staff and they shipped me a replacement unit. Easy install and replacement process. New unit works fine. I got the extended warranty and shipping was covered.
Customer service is alive and well
by Chuck H. -
I’ve been a customer since 2003 and Cellar Pro has consistently been responsive to my needs. A special shout out to Bryan for his follow up and knowledge base of their products. Cellar Pro demonstrates that customer service is not a thing of the past.
Professional and Courteous in Every Detail
by Louie S
A very pleasant experience. Superior in every way.
Easy cooler replacement for LeCache 2400 wine cabinet
by Gary H
The cooler arrived well packed with complete instructions for removal of the old unit and installation of the new unit including sealing putty. Was able to replace the unit removing only the top row of wine bottles. Everything went as planned and the new unit is functioning perfectly. The old unit has been returned to determine if repair makes sense and, if so, to provide a backup. I have 3 LeCache cabinets since 2003 and all use the 1800QT cooler. Customer service has always been great.
Excellent customer service ordering
Great help over the phone to select the right unit for my unique situation. The unit selected is working great. Now only time will tell the overall quality of the purchase.
Replacement for Breeze air unit
by Leonard -
Installation went perfect and worked as advertised. My customer is very satisfied with the new unit