CellarPro 1800QT-ECX Cooling Unit #1084
CellarPro's 1800QT-ECX wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT-ECX requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT-ECX units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $15.77 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.9 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 258
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Replaced Breezaire 1060 with Cellarpro
by John C
Bryan and the team were the most helpful in accurate selection of the right unit Excellent follow up to make sure it arrived on time and in good shape They answered my every question and guided me through the installation process The unit works perfectly Thanks for a great product and service
Cellar Pro 1800QT-ECX Replacement
I needed to replace a 12 year old Breezeaire unit and it seemed that everyone thought the CellarPro would be a better choice even though the lifespan of the Breezeaire was not bad. This was the 3rd unit for this wine cellar with the first 2 being Breezeaire and both lasted 10+ years. They added clips to my order which I have no clue where they thought I needed to use them but I was pre-warned that it was a $15 stick-up, then the gasket material they sent was less than half of what was required to seal the unit in place so I had to purchase more of that (they sent 40", I needed 86"). I had to reconfigure my grills to fit the new unit but everything seems to be functioning. It is about the same noise level as the Breezeaire. I might have purchased Breezeaire again as this unit's lifespan is predicted to be shorter but Breezeaire was on backorder and I needed something quicker. There was minor damage in shipment which I was able to fix.
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX Cooling Unit = Breezeaire 1060 replacement
I purchased the CellarPro unit to replace a 12 year old Breezaire unit that was described as a "unicorn" due to its having a top intake and exhaust configuration. A comparable new Breezaire unit with a top exhaust and intake was going to cost 500 dollars more so I decided to bite the bullet and reconfigure my wine cabinet. Bryan Adams provided outstanding advice and guidance in walking me through the process. Due to the reconfiguration situation, I needed to purchase some additional Butyl tape at Home Depot but that was a very inexpensive addition. The CellarPro unit is located in my garage so noise is not an issue but the CellarPro unit is quieter than the Breezaire. My only issue is that the unit shuts down when the temperature reaches 95 degrees in the garage which may happen about 5 days a year.
CellarPro 1800QT-ECX Cooling Unit
Replacement for a 12 year old CellarPro 1800QT. Easy replacement but have some muscle available for removal and reinstallation. Good directions with a willingness to assist via phone. This was the third unit for this wine cooler; first was a BreezeAir (2001) then a CellarPro (2009) then this new CellarPro. This new unit is much quieter and cooled the 450 bottles of room temperature wine within 4 hours. Significant advances over time between the 3 units. Awesome support from Jim Mackey at wineappreciation.com
Replacement 1800 QT
by Doug -
Excellent advice/discussion after 13 year old unit failed. Helpful instructions and video included. Delighted with how smooth the process was, and to see the temperature drop back down.
by Eric -
Happy with CellarPro and LeCache and their customer service that was quick and able to find my historic purchase records to insure that I ordered the correct unit and received the correct wine cabinet installation help. ps. The only negative was FedEx which did not provide an accurate expected delivery date, so someone had to be at home for several consecutive days since the delivery needed a signature.
Great Breezaire Replacement
by L Paull -
Replaced a BreezeAir that failed. CellarPro is quieter and more efficient. Loved that the size was a perfect fit, and that it had option for position of the plug.
Replacement works great
by EJ -
Replaced another brand unit with the 1800QT for a large wine cooler. Replacing was straightforward. Seems to work great so far, reasonably quiet. It cools as expected to the set temperature and the range of allowable temperatures is able to be set. I wish the front of the unit was flat, but still was able to install without problems. Hope it lasts for many years to come.
Installed my 1800QT unit about two weeks ago. It was very straightforward and pretty easy. The previous unit was about 12 years old. The new one is working great.
Replacement of 1800 QT
Just installed my replacement 1800 QT unit. Took approx. 1 hour. The install went well. No problems..
Replacement of 1800 QT
My old 1800QT lasted a full 12 years so I had question when it failed that I would replace it with the same unit. The operator I spoke to at CellarPro (on a weekend) was happy to help me get the order processed and the replacement shipped out on Monday. The replacement was straight forward and took less than an hour to complete. My cellar is now back down to 55 and the unit is functioning properly. I look forward to another DOZEN years of cooling!
Seems to work well. Tight fit. I had to remove the front fascia to get it to fit. It was the screws ( breezair has rivits). The grill was re-installed when the unit was in the cabinet.
The clips bought separately did not fit at all.
by Owen B
I purchased a CellarPro 1800QT for installation in my wine closet. Installation was straightforward and easy. It took me less than half a day to install the cooling unit and the necessary ducting. The unit works wonderfully. I'm completely satisfied.
I purchased this unit to replace my breezeair unit that I had for 20 years. The CellarPro unit is far superior to my old unit. Its much quieter and runs a lot less. It’s easy to set and adjust the temperature and humidity levels. The only problem I had with the replacement of the unit was that over the years my cabinet swelled making the opening very tight, but with a little work in went in perfectly. I would recommend this unit to anyone who wants a easy to set and trouble free unit.
My original unit installed in my cellar unit died after 8 years. I was asked to gather data and send it to Cellar Pro. They said the most likely cause is the compressor. So I decided to order a new 1800 and everyone I talked to was extremely helpful during the installation. The only problem is that these units can fail in 8 years! I was impressed with the level of customer focus of Cellar Pro.
by ART -
Bought a La Cache wine cooler (which I LOVE) around 10 years ago and the original Cellar Pro cooling unit just died. Disappointed it doesn't last longer, but was told it is the average lifespan of the unit. Cellar Pro was able to replace it easily & efficiently. Unfortunately, FedEx failed to deliver to me in the promised time (took more than twice as long) so the company sent me a gift certificate. Not perfect but they do try and make a great product. My brother-in-law and I were able to replace the unit quickly & easily. Would definitely recommend.
by Dave H
I got the unit to replace the original cooling unit in a Le Cache cellar we had purchased back in 2010. Shipping was quick, and the unit was far easier to install than I feared. The old unit was swapped out and the new unit in and working in just a few minutes. The new unit is working perfectly, and seems to be much quieter than the old model.
Excellent replacement for Breezaire
by Anita -
Our old Breezaire 1060 had been replaced once, then the replacement needed a part. Finally it died again. We were finished with Breezaire and contacted LeCache to see what options we had. I was very happy to get the CellarPro shipped directly to my home quickly. Installation was quick and easy. Success, my wines were saved!
by Paul B -
The unit was to replace an original unit from a la cache 2400 series cabinet that we purchased in 2007. The new cellarpro unit was easy to install and is working like clockwork. I am the wine director at the Ritz Carlton Dallas and as a career Sommelier would highly recommend both la cache and celerpro for their quality, durability, beauty and functionality.
1800QT. I replaced a Breezaire that came with my credenza. I went with the slightly more powerful QT to make sure I had plenty of cooling. The change out was much easier than I had expected and the new CellarPro is running great. I wish I had switched years ago as the Breeze always seemed to struggle. The QT is holding the temp with ease.
Quieter than the Breezaire
Replaced a Breezaire 1060. Like a previous rater, I too had a few bent cooling fins in back. It was indeed the perfect replacement size for my wine credenza. Cooling is working fine and the thing I notice most is that it is considerably quieter than the Breezaire. Waiting to see the longevity of the unit, compared to Breezaire.
Replacement unit improved
by Mike S
Used the CellarPro to replace older Breezaire unit which was failing. New unit is quieter, runs less often and appears very effective. Easy to install (one person, no issue). Unit arrived with minor damage to cooling fins in back from shipping but not badly enough to return. In all, a little more expensive but seems much better than the prior unit.
A Bit Pricey
by Maurice C -
Our old cooling unit started to be unable to bring the temp down below 62 deg. F. The very friendly customer service said it probably has lost some charge and the only option was to order a new unit, repair isn't possible. Delivery was prompt, once ordered. For a unit at $1.5K (with tax), it seems simple repairs should be possible to avoid total replacement. The new unit runs quieter than the old CellarPro unit, but taking down the LED light caused it to fail so that's another $100+tax to get the cabinet back in shape.
Replacement Cooling unit
by Royce J -
My Cellarpro 1800 was originally bought 7 years ago as a replacement. During the summer (in Texas), I had noticed that it was not getting as cool as it normally should. I leave on an extended road trip and my daughter checks on the house and says "the wine cellar is beeping". I contact IWA and since I will be in California, I pick it up in Petaluma. Keith was extremely helpful. We put it in the car and I head home. On installation, it works perfectly and I hope I can get another 7 years plus out of it. My old unit, well it will be sent in for repair and I should then have a re-furbished backup.
Customer service was Great.
First unit failed after 5 years 6 months. Not too happy about that. Refrigeration units should last.longer than that. But, stuff happens. Replacement unit shipped promptly and installed easily. Customer service was great.