Riedel Sommeliers Vintage Port #7635
- Vintage Port is characterized by its intense red color, which will shine through 24 percent mouth-blown lead crystal.
- Standing 6-3/4 inches tall, this relatively narrow glass has a diameter of 2-3/4 inch at its widest point.
- Capacity: a maximum capacity of 8.8 oz., for an average serving size of just under 3 oz.
- Pair with a Riedel decanter to allow the characteristic sediment of Port wine to settle before serving.
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- One of the shortest glasses in the Sommeliers line, it strikes a charming profile appropriate to a dessert glass.
- Unlike lower-quality aperitif stems, this selection has a rim angled at 14 degrees to keep sweetness from overpowering the senses.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes.
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Size: 6 3/4h (in)
Weight: 1.1 lbs
Capacity: 8.8 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Ratings & Reviews
Very nice port glasses. Often port glasses are too stubby for my liking, but these have great proportions. Only knock would be that, as often is the case with mouthblown glasses, one of the glasses I received was substantially thicker & heavier at the stem than the others.
Simply the Best!
by vp guy
Now that port season is here it is so nice to enjoy a glass (or more) out of these Reidel Sommeliers. I was lucky to have had one that lasted about 12 years so when I accidently cracked it I decided to purchase two! The same Reidel quality is evident and I hope to enjoy them for many years.
These glasses are the perfect style and size for enjoying a glass of port. Very impressed and well worth the money.
Not worth the price
I was expecting a thin, elegant glass, and while the lip is excellent, the glass overall is clunky for a hand-blown piece. I like how large it is for a port glass, which makes it easy to clean, but it lacks the wow factor I wanted and have come to expect from Riedel Sommeliers.
This glass is so beautiful. Such great quality, these hand crafted glasses are pieces of art. They are priced a little on the high side but well worth it. Highly recommended.
Excellent service, product, packing.