Riedel Duck Decanter #2539
- Wide base provides maximum surface area for aeration
- Handle makes pouring easy
- Enhances the enjoyment of wine with drama and flair
- Ensures old wines' clarity and brilliance
- Allows young wines to bloom and develop
- Mouth blown from lead-free crystal
Size: 4 3/4h (in)
Weight: 7 lbs
Capacity: 30 ounces
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is awesome. It pours so easy, and looks really cool. I would highly recommend this to everyone, but especially if you are older like me. It is so easy to pour, instead of having to turn it 90+ degrees, you only need about 30 degrees. Great for saving your wrists.