CellarPro Air Handler 6500 Horizontal #7090
CellarPro's AH6500SCh ducted cooling units (3/4 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,750* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. When ducted, this unit uses 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side, and 10-inch ducting on the hot side.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F, and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
When the hot side of the unit will be exposed to air temperatures below 40F, our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) is a required addition to protect the compressor.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
- CellarPro AH6500SCh units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting .
- CellarPro's horizontal configuration allows multiple ducting alternatives, as follows.
- Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), top or rear of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
- Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located at each end (left: evaporator, and right: condenser), and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
- We recommend pulling the fresh air intake (hot-side) from a temperature-controlled environment other than the cellar. If the hot-side exhaust will be directed to a different space than the intake, always make sure that both spaces are sufficiently voluminous so that you don't run into issues with negative pressure.
- A bottle probe temperature sensor (10' cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.5 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.6 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- The data above is not valid when the integrated heater and/or humidifier are configured with the cooling unit
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For installations in environments below 40F, AH6500SCh units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won't be heard.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power to meet ambient and seasonal requirements.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater (900W and 1800W) provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an extra-large 1/2" drain line, amply sized to reduce blockages.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote probe for the cellar (bottle probe) and duct adapters are included as standard equipment
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 37 1/5w x 18 3/5d x 19 3/10h (in)
Weight: 206 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- 161 lbs (no humidifier)
- 37.2w x 18.6d x 19.3h (in)
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.2 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.7 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- Running Amps Cord-Connected: 17.1 Amps
- Total Watts: 1274 (low fan speed)
3/4 Ton Nominal
BTUH @ 55F
- Low Fan Speed: 4923
- Med Fan Speed: 5350
- High Fan Speed: 5771
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted: 47 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted: 51 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted: 59 db
- Common dedicated 25-amp circuitis required to power the unit. A
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 52 dbA / 65 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 57 dbA / 70 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 62 dbA / 75 dbA
Capacity: 5771 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when configured with Electronic Control and combined with our compressor heater. - Fan Cycling Switch is Included
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Some limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $0.50 per additional foot.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar - included.
- Bottle probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Heating & Humidification
- Integrated Heater 900W #7237: adds 900 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Heater 1800W #7260: adds 1800 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Humidifier #7236: provides humidification with digital control inside the cellar when attached to an external water line.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: Split systems are "split" into two parts: the cold side (evaporator) which usually is installed inside the cellar, and the hot side (condensing unit) which is installed away from the cellar. The benefit of having this split is that the heat and noise from the condensing unit can be located far away from living spaces where it won't interfere with day-to-day life.
Are split systems more difficult to install than self-contained systems?
A: Yes. Split systems require installation by a licensed HVAC technician, whereas a self-contained unit can be mounted through-the-wall and is shipped fully charged and operational out of the box.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: No, the condensing unit must be located outside the cellar.
If I don't have sufficient space around the condensing unit, is that Ok?
A: The condensing unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The condensing unit cannot be ducted; it requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Ratings & Reviews
Cellar Pro AH6500
by Gordy S
Our 2nd unit - Works well - Swapping out the old unit for new went extremely well.
Working with and ordering from CellarPro with Quirin was smooth and professional.
Only reason 4 instead of 5 stars was unit crapped out after 6 years - Even with proper preventative maintenance. I wish they last longer. Overall happy with unit and Customer Service
I Would Never Use Anything Else
by John M.
I noticed when we were working on this unit that the internal parts were all very high quality which was really nice to see. I have 3 of the Cellar Pro units installed around Memphis and all, except the glitch on this one, have hummed along beautifully. I would never use anything else now that I have installed a few. I have an architect working with some out of town folks and he has referred them to me to build a custom home and they want a wine room. I assure you if I get the job I will be using a Cellar Pro. If you guys have a comment area on your web site, please direct me to it and I will be happy to give a referral. I was always concerned with any warranty issues on these units and I am much reassured now. I am attaching a link to my web site and you can see some of the wine rooms I have done. I have about 3 more I need to photograph and add. Several of the ones shown have split systems done by a local HVAC contractor prior to my being introduced to Cellar Pro. They have more or less worked well, but were very expensive and cost prohibitive to any but the most affluent. The Cellar Pro systems allow anyone with a true interest in wine and a limited budget do a nice wine room.
by John R. Manser Construction
Purchased this unit to install outside a customers wine room. Installation was very easy and unit is working like a charm. This is the second CellarPro I have installed and would not use anything else.