Self Contained Rear / Top Vent Cooling Unit 1800QTL-ECX #1151
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL-ECX units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $29.07 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
CellarPro's 1800QTL-ECX wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. This unit was not designed to be ducted.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.4 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 191
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Refer to filter replacements in the previous section.
- Evap Fresh #17984: Should be sprayed on the evaporator (cold-side) coils once a quarter, especially when the evaporator coils frequently have condensation, to extend the life of the evaporator coils and to reduce the growth of mold in the drain pan.
- Condenser Brush #1475: With a long handle and stiff bristles, the brush is ideal for cleaning off the dust and dirt that collect on the hot-side condenser coils, especially when a filter isn't used on the coils.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe Extension Cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
by Dennis -
Nice unit. Very easy install. Quick service. A little more noise level than I expected but not unreasonable.
by Laura -
Just bought a replacement, the first one lasted 15 years and it was amazing! Had to have another.
by Scott S -
We love it!!! We build a small wine closet from scratch and the CellarPro unit has worked to perfection! Strongly Recommend.
Made in USA!
by Rich Hubbell
Arrived sooner than expected. Easy install. Keeping the wine perfectly at 55-59 degrees.
Quality construction and made in USA!!!!
REPLACEMENT COOLING UNIT
by David P
THE CELLAR PRO UNIT ARRIVED QUICKLY. IT IS MUCH QUIETER THAN THE FORMER UNIT. BRYAN ADAMS MY CONTACT DID A GREAT JOB ANSWERING QUESTIONS. THE ONLY ISSUE DEALT WITH THE WOODEN VERTICAL CENTER PIECE WHICH HAD TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LA CACHE CABINET TO INSTALL NEW UNIT. IT WAS FASTENED BY SCREWS FRON THE TOP SIDE, RATHER THAN BOTTOM AS ILLUSTRATED. VERY HAPPY WITH UNIT.
Condensate Heating Element
by Mark -
Hello, and thanks for your rapid feedback on my comments!! I looked at. and am interested in the " electric condensate evaporator as an option" which is listed as $175. A great option! I understand it is a 100 Watt heating element. Is it on full time, or only when moisture is detected? I ask, because assuming it is on full time, the additional cost to operate the heater (in California) where electricity cost roughly 15.34 cents per kW-hr average, would be $134 per year, or $940 for 7 years. Thanks!
Reply from CellarPro
Mark, thank you for your followup. you would need to bring back your unit to the factory for us to install the condensate evaporator - it can't be installed in the field after the unit has shipped. The condensate evaporator has a thermostat that regulates the on/off cycle - ie it's not always on. Please give us a call at 866.522.1508 if you'd like to arrange for the us to retrofit your unit.
Great unit, but will it last?
I bought this unit for my stand alone 220 bottle wine fridge. It worked great, and was quiet as advertised until it failed after 7 years outside of warranty. So, the hardware cost was $240 per year, (for a $1700 unit). Why did it fail? Because the hot copper tubes wrap around to a water tray to vaporize the water and reduce condensate water.. but in the mean time, those tubes bath in water, and corrode as a result, which is a BAD design. ( CellarPro, if you're paying attention, USE A HEAT SINK instead of exposing the tubes directly to water!!!!! ).
LG can design and sell a window AC unit for less then $200 pat. Given, it’s high volume vs low volume. But still, at $1700 a pop, it should be designed better.
I haven’t seen a better wine fridge cooling unit, but my LG AC unit with a wine fridge controller is a better choice for me, and at a much better hardware and maintenance cost.
Reply from IWA
Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry that your unit didn’t last longer - please know that we are constantly improving our products and we offer an electric condensate evaporator as an option if you’re interested, but most customers don’t need this upgrade, provided their cellar is airtight and excess condensation isn’t an issue.
Difficult to install needed 3 people . Other than that works beautifully. The best cooling unit on the market.
Great Customer Service
Working with the Cellar Pro team was easy and quick! Cooling unit was shipped on time and arrived on time; however, it was obvious the FedEx driver couldn’t read! The box clearly stated it needed to be upright and when he took it off the truck it was upside down…let it set for about three plus days in the correct, upright position. Install was quick and easy! Thank you Cellar Pro Team!
Last unit ran for almost ten years before failing. Getting it repaired was not a reasonable option, so have simply replaced with a new unit. New unit arrives, no problem, except installation clips are not included, and the prior unit is gone. Ordering new clips on the site would be over $20! CellerPro?
Just got the new unit
by Sheldon Friedland
Whisper quiet and plenty of cool air. Works like a charm. Fits my unit perfectly. Wish the power plug was on the inside. Had to drill 2 holes to get it to the power.
My 15 year old Le Cache cooler died so I put in the Cellarpro replacement- works great. It weighs 50 lbs so you need to be strong to replace it. The light plug is on the left side so I had to turn my light around due to short cord. Order the magnetic filter for the coils! If I had had this, the Breezair probably would still be working.
We were given a Breezeair model from 2008 after a friend moved away. The refrigeration system broke recently. It is a hot air exhaust out the top. I want to thank Chris Meutsch, the representative, for his patience and assistance in helping us find the right replacement model. The replacement was not "exactly" the same - but it fit well enough and I only heard hubby curse at it a few times. It is working great now.
We had to replace our Cellar Pro in our wine cabinet after 10 years. We live in Arizona, so we really need the unit! The guys at Cellar Pro were so helpful. The new unit fit like a glove in our cabinet. We are very happy & so is our wine!
Very Pleased: Good Assistance and Service.
My first Breeze Air unit lasted 8 years. The second one only 5 years. The Cellar Pro is easy to install, is exactly the same size as the old unit, and fits perfectly into my 12-case cabinet. The sticky rubber "tape" for sealing the back of the machine to the cabinet is a real improvement as well. I very much appreciated the help Bryan gave me over the phone to try to (initially) address the dripping water problem with my Breeze Air unit and check for door leaks. Ultimately, it made more sense to buy the Cellar Pro unit to fix the problem permanently. I can now leave home without worrying about wine cooler problems when I am away.
We finally replaced our 20 year old BreezeAir Unit in our LeCache cabinet. WOW what a difference. We should have done this sooner. The unit is amazing and works great!!! It was so easy to install and fits perfect. Everyone at Cellar Pro was great to work with. They have a customer for life!!!
My condenser unit stopped cooling. Replaced it with new unit. Customer service (Marty and the team) were great to work with. Considering parts shortages due to Covid, turnaround time (sending old one/getting new one,)was probably as good as it could be.
This was a replacement for a unit that had stopped working. The delivery was projected for November and arrived in August. I am very pleased with entire process from ordering to delivery.
by Justin -
Replaced my BreezeAir unit with 1800Ql unit. Runs great! No condensation like my old unit; has several different options in terms of cooling. Can do an instant cool in case your wine was sitting out for a while. Quiet; a little hard to install but overall a great purchase.
Should have done this sooner!
replaced the old BreezAir unit in my 20 year old LeCache wine cabinet with the CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX Cooling Unit #1151. The instructions were well presented and, with the help of my neighbor, replaced the old unit very easily. The new unit is very quiet and runs much less than the old unit. It was a pleasure working with CellarPro and I appreciate their follow-up to ensure that I was satisfied with my new unit.
Quiet, efficient replacement
We replaced an older model that failed suddenly after about a decade of flawless service. Replacement was simple and straightforward. The new unit is astonishingly quiet. We no longer need a baffle to suppress the noise level. The unit is working perfectly thus far. Working with CellarPro was easy from my initial inquiry to the delivery of the unit.
Replaced a BreezeAire unit in a VinoTemp wine cabinet with the CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX Cooling Unit #1151. The new unit is quieter and runs less time. Installation was a pull out and push in, went quick and easy. Digital readout is great as I can see at a glance what the temperature in the cabinet is. Very happy with the switch in cooling units.
Great replacement unit easy to install
Replaced a WineMate unit in a 20 year old Vinotemp cabinet. The CellarPro 1800QTL fit perfectly in the cabinet but did require the power cord modification (which I missed when I ordered the unit). The replacement instructions were very helpful and made the task easy. I did the replacement by myself which shows it can be done by one person but I would recommend having a second person to help. My cabinet is around 7 feet tall with the unit at the top with limited room for hands due to the wine racking. CellarPro was recommended to me by a friend and I am very pleased with the unit and the staff at CellarPro.
Replaced a BreezeAir in a standalone cabinet with this unit. It required no modifications and installation was a snap. Unit is working great and has many features my old unit did not (i.e., dependable defrost cycle). The reason I chose this unit was it came configured as needed with the power cord out the back and a choice of venting top or back. BreezeAir only offers front cord unless you want to pay over $300 to have one of their sellers supply, which seems awfully high to reroute a power cord. WELL DONE Cellar Pro!
a great replacement
I replaced a Koolr unit that had failed twice over 5 years. It required modifications to the cabinet for the installation but went smoothly and without problems. Paul was great in inputs that I needed to accomplish the task and for a fast delivery due to the risk of overheating about 500 bottles of wine.