CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit #1151
CellarPro's 1800QTL wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1065 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Replacing a Le Cache / Breezaire Cooling Unit
The 1800 QTL replaced a 20+ year old Breezair cooling unit in my LaCache craedenza. It required a cabinet maker to customize the back side to fit it in. Took him 3 hours and cost me $300. It runs beautifully and is less noisy than the Breezair. I like the digital temperature readout and the temperature controls that were not available on the Breezair. The cabinet maker was able to fit it in next to the light, but the electric cord on the light is too short to reach the plug on the 1800.
Le Cache Loft 1400 Refrigeration Unit Replacement
by Randy H
Had my wine cooler for several years now and it has worked to perfection. I came home from work and heard an alarm, so I troubleshot the problem and concluded that the refrigeration unit was no longer cooling the wine down. I did my research and ordered a replacement Cellar Pro 1800QTL, the new unit arrived in about 4 days. The replacement process was so simple, I did it myself. My wine is now happy chilling at about 58 degrees.
CellarPro Cooling Unit
I just purchased your unit with extended warranty to replace the WineMate unit in my cellarette. I fits perfectly and runs great.
LeCache Wine Cabinet Refrigeration Unit Replacement
by Jeff P
I just replaced a Breezaire unit with the Cellar Pro 1800QTL. The sales rep. was very helpful. Unit arrive as described. My old Breezaire was still running but freezing up. I review a video on how to replace the unit on the LeCache web site. That was very helpful. My wife and I did the replacement. I am . 65, but you may need assistance fishing the cord through the back. One suggestion, have something in your cabinet to set your replacement unit on to have it near the cabinet top where you bolt it. It only needs to be lifted approx 6 inches. Total time to remove and install approx. 1 1/2 hours. I could have done quicker, But I took my time. The unit is runs quietly and performing better than expected at this point. I would purchase again.
CellarPro Cooling Unit
I just purchased your unit with extended warranty to replace the WineMate unit in my cellarette. I fits perfectly and runs great.
Replacement of CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit
We have owned our wine refrigerator for about 9 years. It is a beautiful unit and has always worked perfectly. The compressor stopped cooling and ordered a new one. Arrived in time and a neighbor helped me replace it. The video they supplied was very helpful. The customer support individuals are always very friendly, helpful, professional and re-assuring.
Replace Wine Mate, Breezaire
by Rich H.
This unit appears to be far superior to the units that it replaced. My original unit bought with the cellar a Breezaire was loud and only lasted about 5 years. It leaked refrigerant. It was replaced by a Wine Mate which lasted longer but worked intermittently as it always required adjustment of the single screw (uncalibrated) that controlled the temperature. The CellarPro unit runs quieter and is much simpler to control with digital display. The unit came with detailed instructions which made installation very easy. Far superior to my experience with the Wine Mate unit. The CellarPro unit has a recycle delay unit which prevents the unit from stopping and starting, a great feature if you experience frequent power outages like the one we had 2 days after installation as a hurricane passed through. Excellent engineering forethought. I can't yet comment on longevity but hopefully 10 years from now I will still have glowing things to say.
Have owned two cellars for 30+ years and have had good luck with both units. I live in a high humidity/heat locale and the compressors typically last 8-10 years. Replaced the latest unit in one hour. The design allows for easy replacement of the compressor.
I just replaced a Breezaire unit with the Cellar Pro and could not be more pleased! The new Cellar Pro fit perfectly in my 600 bottle wine cabinet——is very quiet,and more efficient. The unit arrived in a few days so that I could quickly replace the Breezair that had failed. The directions for replacement were excellent and I was able to complete all within a few hours——and able to keep hundreds of bottles of great wine from spoiling. I highly recommend this product to anyone in need of a cooling unit!
My Cellar Pro has performed well for 8 years but I believe the evaporator coil developed a leak and so I decided to order a replacement. The replacement came quickly and I was able to do the work myself although it's much easier with help from another. Shipping was included with the unit but I'm totally disappointed with FedEx. They came late, flipped the unit on its' side, then let it drop out of the van upside down. White glove delivery is needed.
Cellar Pro Replacement System
by George B -
I recently purchased a Cellar Pro 1800 QTL for my LeCache wine cooler. The unit arrived on time and worked perfectly. The replacement instructions were very clear and the actual replacement took less than 30 minutes to complete. I was able to do the work with the help of a neighbor. Very simple. The unit is working great and I am a happy customer
Easy to Work With
by Shirley -
I've had my wine cabinet since I moved to Texas in 1995 - this is the second replacement and Cellar Pro continues to simplify instructions, ease the process and make the whole unit more efficient. I spoke with them in the midst of the shutdown, and they had a unit to me within a week. Installation with the help of a handyman was less than 90 minutes and my wine cooler is humming away.
Great Service and Responsiveness
by Shirley -
My cooling unit warned me it was going out and during the 7 days it took to get me the new unit the old one continued to work at a minimal level. I was amazed that the unit actually warned me it was going out! The service via phone in ordering a replacement was wonderful - took the time to walk me through options and got me the unit in the midst of the coronavirus within 7 days. Installation was less than 90 minutes and even my handyman was thrilled!
Great customer service
One of my two cooling units died. Ordered a replacement and FedEx tried to deliver it after it had been in a truck on its side for a whole day. Refused shipment and FedEx shipped it back. New unit shipped out promptly and after installation works great, much quieter than the OEM unit. Great company to work with and I will use you again when necessary
Love my CellarPro
The customer service was exceptional. It was so nice talking w a real person prior to selecting a unit to replace the old Breezeaire in my wine cabinet. The order updates let me know what was happening and when to expect delivery. The new unit runs so quietly and is perfect for me cabinet. Yep it is super heavy but I managed the install by myself. Much easier w 2 people but I was determined. Had to take the front grill off to clear the opening then replaced the grill from the front side. Thanks CellarPro staff for your guidance and assistance.
Great Customer Support & Easy Installation
Customer Support was very efficient and polite helping me quickly order the appropriate replacement compressor and having it delivered between the target dates they had to work with. It’s a heavy unit so you need two men to replace it but once in cooled very quickly. The compressor runs for years so the ROI is good.
Only reason for mediocre review is my old unit only lasted a little over 6 years. Old unit operated well for 6 years and crapped out just after 5 year warranty expired. Customer service and support was excellent.
Replacement Cooling Unit
Once again I'm very pleased with the unit. Much too heavy to install myself so had a professional team install. Cooled everything down in a remarkably short time.
by Bill K
Great replacement for my 20+ year old BreezeAir. Quiet, powerful, excellent digital read out & super functionality. Quite heavy ... don't kid yourself; 2 man job to install. Called customer support several times & were extremely helpful! Very good product.
The first unit that came with our wine cabinet lasted from 1994 to 2011, or 17 years. Our second one lasted 8 years almost to the day. We bought our 3rd in early September, 2019 and hope it lasts longer than the second. The unit is a somewhat bulky and difficult for one person to install because of the cabinet structure but with the help of a neighbor it is working just fine. It works great for our 350+ cabinet, just hope it lasts somewhat longer. 4 stars for shorter life.
Great Customer Support
by John C -
Had a 13 year old 1800QTL die, and ordered a replacement. FedEx delivery was missed at the house, had them hold it in their office When we picked it up, it was laying on it's side, where the box clearly states "this side up" with arrows for direction that were not followed. We suspect it may have been bounced around as well. Bottom line, it wasn't cooling. Called customer support and they had a replacement ready for me in 24 hours. New unit works great, couldn't be happier with the way they handled my issue.
Had my 11 year old 1800 QT fail me on a Sunday night. Called Monday morning inquiring about the problem and by Wednesday had the new unit installed. A little challenging installing the new unit in the wine unit we had due to the weight of the unit. All is good now and the new unit is very quiet. Customer service is excellent.
by Dave B -
Replaced the 12 year old 1800QT that quit working with a new 1800QTL. Surprisingly easy to install. We had to remove the old caulking / butyl which had amazing tenacity; just removing the two screws was not enough. This new unit is very quiet, especially compared to the QT it replaced. Had a small issue with shipping, where the unit was received on its side. Took pictures and called customer support. Uprighted the unit in the box and let it sit for 24 hours, then tested it. No problems. Customer support was prompt, courteous, and helpful. Very happy with this replacement!
by Alex S
I bought the unit to replace an older Breezeair that had stopped working. The new unit is amazingly quiet and was super simple to install. Thank you!
Great customer service
This is my first replacement cooler but the second time I interacted with the CellarPro team. Each time they were very professional and helpful. When I ordered the cooler the quickly sent it and it was easy to install. Working great so far but it’s only been a week. It will get 5 stars if it lasts for years