CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit #1151
CellarPro's 1800QTL wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. This unit was not designed to be ducted.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1065 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
by Alex S
I bought the unit to replace an older Breezeair that had stopped working. The new unit is amazingly quiet and was super simple to install. Thank you!
Great customer service
This is my first replacement cooler but the second time I interacted with the CellarPro team. Each time they were very professional and helpful. When I ordered the cooler the quickly sent it and it was easy to install. Working great so far but it’s only been a week. It will get 5 stars if it lasts for years
Replacement Unit done quickly
by Michael W -
I have been running the 1800QTL for 7 years, the compressor just went out. I was able to get another unit prepped and ready the very same day! (CellarPro is nearby to me). Replaced the unit and back up and running, hopefully for another 10 years, or more. The 1800QTL is an efficient chiller, very happy with its performance. I would have given it 5 stars, but my previous unit just fell short of the expected 10 year life.
Replacement for Breezaire 1060
by David W -
The unit arrived in 5 days. Removal of the old unit and installation of the new CellarPro took 30 minutes. Two days later, my cellar was down to 57 degrees. The unit is very quite, much quieter than the 13 year old Breezaire it replaced. I was able to reuse the mounting clips from the old unit.
Replacement for Breezaire 1060
by Jon G -
The replacement unit arrived ahead of schedule and in fine condition. It was used to replace a Breezaire 1060 unit that lasted 15 years. I followed the instructions and the replacement went very smoothly, even if the new CellarPro unit seemed a bit heavier than the old unit. The CellarPro 1800QTL seems quieter and more efficient than the old unit (the new one actually shuts off on occasion!). Very pleased so far. My only complaint is that the mounting clips should be included given the price of the unit.
Replacement Cooling Unit
by Sur Lees -
My replacement unit was shipped from CA to TN. Arrived in good condition. Great packaging. Old unit popped out just fine. New unit popped in just as easily. Fired it up a day later and after a week we're humming along between 58 and 62! Sante!
New CellarPro 1800QTL
by Ken H. in Tallahassee Florida -
This was a replacement for my 6 year old CellarPro QTL installed in my LeCache 2400 wine cabinet. I shipped the cooler to them & they returned an estimate of repairs and replacements for nearly $800. By that time, I had already spent $200 for shipping and a new unit with a 5 yr warranty seemed the right choice.
The customer service I received by email was good but spotty with some failure to respond. Customer service by phone was excellent but there were delays due to my use of PayPal; that was worked out OK.
I did the unit removal & subsequent install with just the help of my wife. We're in our 70s. The YouTube video was excellent and without it I would not have undertaken it. I kept the default 58F setting (as before). CellarPro sent no new screws, hardware, or filter unit, although we kept & re-used the old ones. I had to request a written invoice.
We are pleased with the unit but hope it lasts longer than 6 yrs.
by David K.
I have a cabinet type wine cooler, and the original cooling unit died. The Cellar Pro replacement seemed more highly recommended. Ordering the unit on-line was easy, and the delivery was very quick. I am not too handy, however I was able to fairly easily replace the old unit myself. It’s been running and doing the job well and is very quiet.
by George S -
From the phone call to the CSR I worked with thru installation this was a breeze. My recent exchanges with AT&T and DIRECTV have been a nightmare. My interaction with CellarPro was so nice I felt like the world was right again. The unit is super heavy (60#) in terms of one person installation but even at 61 years old I was able to accomplish in no time. Great product, great people as it should be for a cellar protecting great wine!!!
Perfect place for Top Quality and excellent Customer Service
by Joe A -
The 1800QTL is a huge improvement over the original Breezair unit that it has replaced. Recently purchased cellarpro cooling unit to replace a dated Breezeair. Much quieter and clearly superior product. Customer Service was excellent and would highly recommend IWA in Petaluma to anyone.
Good Company and Product - seems it should last longer
by Greg E -
Company is really customer focused and easy to work with, and ensures you get what you need. This unit replaces the same CellarPro 1800QTL which lasted 7 years and worked flawlessly... seems like it should last longer, like a refrigerator. The unit arrived ahead of schedule with all the right parts. Thier on-line video also helped with the replacement. Highly recommend.
Quieter Than Original
This unit replaced a previous CellarPro unit that lasted only 6 years. I see from other comments that's about normal. But a refrigerator that costs that much will last at least twice that long. Anyway, this one installed easily, came with all the right bits and pieces, and is much quieter than the original one. So I'm happy with it.
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
by Neil M
This a replacement for a 5 year old Cellar Pro.
We are disappointed that the 1st unit only lasted 5 years and 4 months. We expected a much longer life
The new unit is very quite. It is holding the temperature and the humidity where it is set. Customer service was accommodating. The unit arrived ahead of schedule.
replacement wine cellar motor
by Albert M.
The unit was a direct replacement of the old motor. It has a lot more features that controls the temp and humidity. I would not hesitate to buy iy again if need be...
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
by jack saxton
The cellar pro 1800 that I purchased was easy to install and at the present is working very well I am very pleased
This has been a great purchase. Knowledgeable people helped me choose the right unit. The power cord modification was no problem and now I am sitting next to the room with the CellarPro 1800QTL and I can't hear a thing. So far, excellent
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
by Bruce P. -
I am extremely pleased with the unit as well as with the people I dealt with. I will recommend your company without hesitation. Thanks so much for being there for me and our wine.
by Cory A
I had my most recent unit for approximately 4 years before it stopped cooling. Fortunately it was still u der warranty, so a refurbished unit was sent. Customer service was easy to work with. I think these are good units, but according to my experience and other reviews, I'm not sure I'd expect them to last 20 years. They seem to have a life span of maybe 4-6 years. However, during those years you'll be very happy.
Much better than Breezaire
by Steve J
The Cellar Pro cooling unit is quiet and efficient. A big improvement over the original unit delivered in my Le Cache cabinet.
Arrived when expected. Unit easily fits in existing space. AC outlet on this unit allows connection of cabinet interior lighting. Recommend this as a replacement cooling unit.
by J Smith
It fit, it arrived in a timely manner with good instructions on installation and it works.
by Mark -
In use only 10 days--so the long term is unknown--but: Replacement for Breezaire WKCE 1060. So far, the unit has been distinctly more pleasant company--much quieter, with control panel much more convenient to use. Purchase communication with CellarPro very pleasant; shipping remarkably swift.
Cellar Pro 1800QTL
Everything fit correctly with no problems.
Unit is quiet and efficient, maintains constant temperature. Very pleased with upgrade of prior unit that lasted 9 years but was never as good.
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
I installed my new CellarPro unit and it runs great and way more quiet than the old BreezAire unit. You were correct, the BreezAire probe will not work. I will jump on your website and order up the probe. Thanks for the great support!