CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit #1151
CellarPro's 1800QTL wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1065 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Cellar Pro Replacement System
by George B -
I recently purchased a Cellar Pro 1800 QTL for my LeCache wine cooler. The unit arrived on time and worked perfectly. The replacement instructions were very clear and the actual replacement took less than 30 minutes to complete. I was able to do the work with the help of a neighbor. Very simple. The unit is working great and I am a happy customer
Easy to Work With
by Shirley -
I've had my wine cabinet since I moved to Texas in 1995 - this is the second replacement and Cellar Pro continues to simplify instructions, ease the process and make the whole unit more efficient. I spoke with them in the midst of the shutdown, and they had a unit to me within a week. Installation with the help of a handyman was less than 90 minutes and my wine cooler is humming away.
Great Service and Responsiveness
by Shirley -
My cooling unit warned me it was going out and during the 7 days it took to get me the new unit the old one continued to work at a minimal level. I was amazed that the unit actually warned me it was going out! The service via phone in ordering a replacement was wonderful - took the time to walk me through options and got me the unit in the midst of the coronavirus within 7 days. Installation was less than 90 minutes and even my handyman was thrilled!
Great customer service
One of my two cooling units died. Ordered a replacement and FedEx tried to deliver it after it had been in a truck on its side for a whole day. Refused shipment and FedEx shipped it back. New unit shipped out promptly and after installation works great, much quieter than the OEM unit. Great company to work with and I will use you again when necessary
Love my CellarPro
The customer service was exceptional. It was so nice talking w a real person prior to selecting a unit to replace the old Breezeaire in my wine cabinet. The order updates let me know what was happening and when to expect delivery. The new unit runs so quietly and is perfect for me cabinet. Yep it is super heavy but I managed the install by myself. Much easier w 2 people but I was determined. Had to take the front grill off to clear the opening then replaced the grill from the front side. Thanks CellarPro staff for your guidance and assistance.
Great Customer Support & Easy Installation
Customer Support was very efficient and polite helping me quickly order the appropriate replacement compressor and having it delivered between the target dates they had to work with. It’s a heavy unit so you need two men to replace it but once in cooled very quickly. The compressor runs for years so the ROI is good.
Only reason for mediocre review is my old unit only lasted a little over 6 years. Old unit operated well for 6 years and crapped out just after 5 year warranty expired. Customer service and support was excellent.
Replacement Cooling Unit
Once again I'm very pleased with the unit. Much too heavy to install myself so had a professional team install. Cooled everything down in a remarkably short time.
by Bill K
Great replacement for my 20+ year old BreezeAir. Quiet, powerful, excellent digital read out & super functionality. Quite heavy ... don't kid yourself; 2 man job to install. Called customer support several times & were extremely helpful! Very good product.
The first unit that came with our wine cabinet lasted from 1994 to 2011, or 17 years. Our second one lasted 8 years almost to the day. We bought our 3rd in early September, 2019 and hope it lasts longer than the second. The unit is a somewhat bulky and difficult for one person to install because of the cabinet structure but with the help of a neighbor it is working just fine. It works great for our 350+ cabinet, just hope it lasts somewhat longer. 4 stars for shorter life.
Great Customer Support
by John C -
Had a 13 year old 1800QTL die, and ordered a replacement. FedEx delivery was missed at the house, had them hold it in their office When we picked it up, it was laying on it's side, where the box clearly states "this side up" with arrows for direction that were not followed. We suspect it may have been bounced around as well. Bottom line, it wasn't cooling. Called customer support and they had a replacement ready for me in 24 hours. New unit works great, couldn't be happier with the way they handled my issue.
Had my 11 year old 1800 QT fail me on a Sunday night. Called Monday morning inquiring about the problem and by Wednesday had the new unit installed. A little challenging installing the new unit in the wine unit we had due to the weight of the unit. All is good now and the new unit is very quiet. Customer service is excellent.
by Dave B -
Replaced the 12 year old 1800QT that quit working with a new 1800QTL. Surprisingly easy to install. We had to remove the old caulking / butyl which had amazing tenacity; just removing the two screws was not enough. This new unit is very quiet, especially compared to the QT it replaced. Had a small issue with shipping, where the unit was received on its side. Took pictures and called customer support. Uprighted the unit in the box and let it sit for 24 hours, then tested it. No problems. Customer support was prompt, courteous, and helpful. Very happy with this replacement!
by Alex S
I bought the unit to replace an older Breezeair that had stopped working. The new unit is amazingly quiet and was super simple to install. Thank you!
Great customer service
This is my first replacement cooler but the second time I interacted with the CellarPro team. Each time they were very professional and helpful. When I ordered the cooler the quickly sent it and it was easy to install. Working great so far but it’s only been a week. It will get 5 stars if it lasts for years
Replacement Unit done quickly
by Michael W -
I have been running the 1800QTL for 7 years, the compressor just went out. I was able to get another unit prepped and ready the very same day! (CellarPro is nearby to me). Replaced the unit and back up and running, hopefully for another 10 years, or more. The 1800QTL is an efficient chiller, very happy with its performance. I would have given it 5 stars, but my previous unit just fell short of the expected 10 year life.
Replacement for Breezaire 1060
by David W -
The unit arrived in 5 days. Removal of the old unit and installation of the new CellarPro took 30 minutes. Two days later, my cellar was down to 57 degrees. The unit is very quite, much quieter than the 13 year old Breezaire it replaced. I was able to reuse the mounting clips from the old unit.
Replacement for Breezaire 1060
by Jon G -
The replacement unit arrived ahead of schedule and in fine condition. It was used to replace a Breezaire 1060 unit that lasted 15 years. I followed the instructions and the replacement went very smoothly, even if the new CellarPro unit seemed a bit heavier than the old unit. The CellarPro 1800QTL seems quieter and more efficient than the old unit (the new one actually shuts off on occasion!). Very pleased so far. My only complaint is that the mounting clips should be included given the price of the unit.
Replacement Cooling Unit
by Sur Lees -
My replacement unit was shipped from CA to TN. Arrived in good condition. Great packaging. Old unit popped out just fine. New unit popped in just as easily. Fired it up a day later and after a week we're humming along between 58 and 62! Sante!
New CellarPro 1800QTL
by Ken H. in Tallahassee Florida -
This was a replacement for my 6 year old CellarPro QTL installed in my LeCache 2400 wine cabinet. I shipped the cooler to them & they returned an estimate of repairs and replacements for nearly $800. By that time, I had already spent $200 for shipping and a new unit with a 5 yr warranty seemed the right choice.
The customer service I received by email was good but spotty with some failure to respond. Customer service by phone was excellent but there were delays due to my use of PayPal; that was worked out OK.
I did the unit removal & subsequent install with just the help of my wife. We're in our 70s. The YouTube video was excellent and without it I would not have undertaken it. I kept the default 58F setting (as before). CellarPro sent no new screws, hardware, or filter unit, although we kept & re-used the old ones. I had to request a written invoice.
We are pleased with the unit but hope it lasts longer than 6 yrs.
by David K.
I have a cabinet type wine cooler, and the original cooling unit died. The Cellar Pro replacement seemed more highly recommended. Ordering the unit on-line was easy, and the delivery was very quick. I am not too handy, however I was able to fairly easily replace the old unit myself. It’s been running and doing the job well and is very quiet.
by George S -
From the phone call to the CSR I worked with thru installation this was a breeze. My recent exchanges with AT&T and DIRECTV have been a nightmare. My interaction with CellarPro was so nice I felt like the world was right again. The unit is super heavy (60#) in terms of one person installation but even at 61 years old I was able to accomplish in no time. Great product, great people as it should be for a cellar protecting great wine!!!
Perfect place for Top Quality and excellent Customer Service
by Joe A -
The 1800QTL is a huge improvement over the original Breezair unit that it has replaced. Recently purchased cellarpro cooling unit to replace a dated Breezeair. Much quieter and clearly superior product. Customer Service was excellent and would highly recommend IWA in Petaluma to anyone.
Good Company and Product - seems it should last longer
by Greg E -
Company is really customer focused and easy to work with, and ensures you get what you need. This unit replaces the same CellarPro 1800QTL which lasted 7 years and worked flawlessly... seems like it should last longer, like a refrigerator. The unit arrived ahead of schedule with all the right parts. Thier on-line video also helped with the replacement. Highly recommend.
Quieter Than Original
This unit replaced a previous CellarPro unit that lasted only 6 years. I see from other comments that's about normal. But a refrigerator that costs that much will last at least twice that long. Anyway, this one installed easily, came with all the right bits and pieces, and is much quieter than the original one. So I'm happy with it.