CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX Cooling Unit #1151
CellarPro's 1800QTL-ECX wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL-ECX units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800QT requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. This unit was not designed to be ducted.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL-ECX units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $29.07 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 2.4 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 191
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 5 Years (Entire System)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
by Justin -
Replaced my BreezeAir unit with 1800Ql unit. Runs great! No condensation like my old unit; has several different options in terms of cooling. Can do an instant cool in case your wine was sitting out for a while. Quiet; a little hard to install but overall a great purchase.
Should have done this sooner!
replaced the old BreezAir unit in my 20 year old LeCache wine cabinet with the CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX Cooling Unit #1151. The instructions were well presented and, with the help of my neighbor, replaced the old unit very easily. The new unit is very quiet and runs much less than the old unit. It was a pleasure working with CellarPro and I appreciate their follow-up to ensure that I was satisfied with my new unit.
Quiet, efficient replacement
We replaced an older model that failed suddenly after about a decade of flawless service. Replacement was simple and straightforward. The new unit is astonishingly quiet. We no longer need a baffle to suppress the noise level. The unit is working perfectly thus far. Working with CellarPro was easy from my initial inquiry to the delivery of the unit.
Replaced a BreezeAire unit in a VinoTemp wine cabinet with the CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX Cooling Unit #1151. The new unit is quieter and runs less time. Installation was a pull out and push in, went quick and easy. Digital readout is great as I can see at a glance what the temperature in the cabinet is. Very happy with the switch in cooling units.
Great replacement unit easy to install
Replaced a WineMate unit in a 20 year old Vinotemp cabinet. The CellarPro 1800QTL fit perfectly in the cabinet but did require the power cord modification (which I missed when I ordered the unit). The replacement instructions were very helpful and made the task easy. I did the replacement by myself which shows it can be done by one person but I would recommend having a second person to help. My cabinet is around 7 feet tall with the unit at the top with limited room for hands due to the wine racking. CellarPro was recommended to me by a friend and I am very pleased with the unit and the staff at CellarPro.
Replaced a BreezeAir in a standalone cabinet with this unit. It required no modifications and installation was a snap. Unit is working great and has many features my old unit did not (i.e., dependable defrost cycle). The reason I chose this unit was it came configured as needed with the power cord out the back and a choice of venting top or back. BreezeAir only offers front cord unless you want to pay over $300 to have one of their sellers supply, which seems awfully high to reroute a power cord. WELL DONE Cellar Pro!
a great replacement
I replaced a Koolr unit that had failed twice over 5 years. It required modifications to the cabinet for the installation but went smoothly and without problems. Paul was great in inputs that I needed to accomplish the task and for a fast delivery due to the risk of overheating about 500 bottles of wine.
I replaced a 10 year old unit with this one. My configuration was not standard so I had to work a bit with staff to get the correct unit and plug options. The staff was quick to reply and the unit quickly shipped. The new unit is much quieter than the old one, and runs less frequently. Very pleased. The only down side for me is that the units only last 10 years (warranted for 5 years).
Cool Comfort For My Wines
I needed to replace my cooling unit. Celler Pro assisted me and had my new system shipped quickly and safely. It arrived with good instructions for letting it settle and getting it installed. It's running well and is very quiet. Thanks Cellar Pro!
by Bob G
ROI is there
by Dave T
Yes the initial price is a bit steep, but it should pay dividends for at least the next 10 years. Unit arrived in great shape. Installation was pretty smooth, and I'm not very mechanically inclined. Excited that my "babies" will be kept at the right temperature now, as my 11 year old Breeze Air was on its last leg and on its best day would get to about 62 degrees.
Bought a replacement cellarpro cooling unit. It came to me in a timely manner was easy to follow directions on installation and works great. Sure beats having to replace the entire wine cabinet.
Two time winner
by Greg S
I bought a used Le Cache wine cellar and the Breezeair unit inside was dead. I knew this when I bought it and I knew I was going to come to Cellar Pro for a replacement. This is my second time doing this with Cellar Pro and I didn’t hesitate for a second to buy this unit from them. Got it very quickly and had it installed easily and quickly. Fit like a glove and its unning like a champ in my garage!
Replacing a previously rebuilt 1800 QTL
I have have my LeCache for a little over 10 years. The 1800QTL came with the original wine cabinet. At 4 years, 10 months, the unit started leaking Freon and I sent it back for a warranty repair. At 5 years, the "repaired" unit started leaking Freon, so I ordered a new 1800QTL since it was no longer under warranty, but fits easily into my wine cabinet. After installing the new 1800QTL, I inspected the previously rebuilt unit. You could clearly see where CellarPro had made their previous leak repair and it had failed again in the same location. To me, there looks to be a design flaw in the Freon tubing connection to the condenser coil. The welds should not be failing after 5 years! Anyway, be sure and hold onto your original order and warranty information, you will probably need it!
Reply from CellarPro
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that the coils failed on your units. FWIW, we don't ever repair coils - we only replace them with new coils. We certainly will discuss your feedback with our coil manufacturer - the number of coil failures has been very low for us.
Replacing a Le Cache / Breezaire Cooling Unit
The 1800 QTL replaced a 20+ year old Breezair cooling unit in my LaCache craedenza. It required a cabinet maker to customize the back side to fit it in. Took him 3 hours and cost me $300. It runs beautifully and is less noisy than the Breezair. I like the digital temperature readout and the temperature controls that were not available on the Breezair. The cabinet maker was able to fit it in next to the light, but the electric cord on the light is too short to reach the plug on the 1800.
Le Cache Loft 1400 Refrigeration Unit Replacement
by Randy H
Had my wine cooler for several years now and it has worked to perfection. I came home from work and heard an alarm, so I troubleshot the problem and concluded that the refrigeration unit was no longer cooling the wine down. I did my research and ordered a replacement Cellar Pro 1800QTL, the new unit arrived in about 4 days. The replacement process was so simple, I did it myself. My wine is now happy chilling at about 58 degrees.
CellarPro Cooling Unit
I just purchased your unit with extended warranty to replace the WineMate unit in my cellarette. I fits perfectly and runs great.
LeCache Wine Cabinet Refrigeration Unit Replacement
by Jeff P
I just replaced a Breezaire unit with the Cellar Pro 1800QTL. The sales rep. was very helpful. Unit arrive as described. My old Breezaire was still running but freezing up. I review a video on how to replace the unit on the LeCache web site. That was very helpful. My wife and I did the replacement. I am . 65, but you may need assistance fishing the cord through the back. One suggestion, have something in your cabinet to set your replacement unit on to have it near the cabinet top where you bolt it. It only needs to be lifted approx 6 inches. Total time to remove and install approx. 1 1/2 hours. I could have done quicker, But I took my time. The unit is runs quietly and performing better than expected at this point. I would purchase again.
CellarPro Cooling Unit
I just purchased your unit with extended warranty to replace the WineMate unit in my cellarette. I fits perfectly and runs great.
Replacement of CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit
We have owned our wine refrigerator for about 9 years. It is a beautiful unit and has always worked perfectly. The compressor stopped cooling and ordered a new one. Arrived in time and a neighbor helped me replace it. The video they supplied was very helpful. The customer support individuals are always very friendly, helpful, professional and re-assuring.
Replace Wine Mate, Breezaire
by Rich H.
This unit appears to be far superior to the units that it replaced. My original unit bought with the cellar a Breezaire was loud and only lasted about 5 years. It leaked refrigerant. It was replaced by a Wine Mate which lasted longer but worked intermittently as it always required adjustment of the single screw (uncalibrated) that controlled the temperature. The CellarPro unit runs quieter and is much simpler to control with digital display. The unit came with detailed instructions which made installation very easy. Far superior to my experience with the Wine Mate unit. The CellarPro unit has a recycle delay unit which prevents the unit from stopping and starting, a great feature if you experience frequent power outages like the one we had 2 days after installation as a hurricane passed through. Excellent engineering forethought. I can't yet comment on longevity but hopefully 10 years from now I will still have glowing things to say.
Have owned two cellars for 30+ years and have had good luck with both units. I live in a high humidity/heat locale and the compressors typically last 8-10 years. Replaced the latest unit in one hour. The design allows for easy replacement of the compressor.
I just replaced a Breezaire unit with the Cellar Pro and could not be more pleased! The new Cellar Pro fit perfectly in my 600 bottle wine cabinet——is very quiet,and more efficient. The unit arrived in a few days so that I could quickly replace the Breezair that had failed. The directions for replacement were excellent and I was able to complete all within a few hours——and able to keep hundreds of bottles of great wine from spoiling. I highly recommend this product to anyone in need of a cooling unit!
My Cellar Pro has performed well for 8 years but I believe the evaporator coil developed a leak and so I decided to order a replacement. The replacement came quickly and I was able to do the work myself although it's much easier with help from another. Shipping was included with the unit but I'm totally disappointed with FedEx. They came late, flipped the unit on its' side, then let it drop out of the van upside down. White glove delivery is needed.
Cellar Pro Replacement System
by George B -
I recently purchased a Cellar Pro 1800 QTL for my LeCache wine cooler. The unit arrived on time and worked perfectly. The replacement instructions were very clear and the actual replacement took less than 30 minutes to complete. I was able to do the work with the help of a neighbor. Very simple. The unit is working great and I am a happy customer