Riedel Vinum Viognier/Chardonnay Set of 2 #4478
- The bowl's subtle taper is specially designed for Chardonnay but won't limit your options-it also accommodates over 30 other varietals.
- With a 12 oz. capacity, this mid-sized glass is comfortable to lift and hold.
Recommended for: Albarino, Aligote, Bordeaux (mature), Bordeaux (white), Chablis, Chardonnay (unoaked), Chateauneuf-du-Pape (Blanc), Condrieu, Cortese, Cotes du Rhone Blanc, Fume Blanc, Graves blanc, Grenache Blanc/Garnacha Blanca, Hermitage (blanc), Macabeo, Marsanne, Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Montagny, Morillon (unoaked), Muscadet, Muscadine, Neuburger, Palomino (except Sherry), Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Ribolla Gialla, Sauvignon blanc (oaked), Soave, St. Joseph (white), Trebbiano, Vin de Savoie (blanc), Viognier
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The thinner glass of Riedel heightens clarity and feels more elegant than a thicker glass.
- The Vinum line has a reputation as the preferred high-end glass for daily use.
- The Viognier/Chardonnay glass is designed to bring out the crisp, citrusy notes typical to this white wine varietal.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Chardonnay varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with non-leaded crystal
- Set of 2 stems
Ratings & Reviews
Riedel Vinum Chardonnay Glasses
I am delighted to know that IWA sells the wine glasses that matched my existing wine Riedel wine glasses. As they break over time it is a very convenient source to know.
A Great All-Purpose Wine Glass
by Wim -
I recently purchased two 2-glass set of the Riedel Vinum Viognier/Chardonnay glasses. They arrived shortly with no damage. I originally had purchased 20 of these glasses, of which two had been broken by guests over the 15 years since purchase. I also have numerous other styles of Riedel glasses, which have their place, but have found that this style is almost perfect as an "all-purpose" glass. It has great balance, is easy to hold securely and comfortably, and has a tulip shaped bowl slightly closed in at the top to keep the aromas in, and focuses them to the nose while sipping. I particularly like it as a tasting glass because of its smaller size so that a small pour does not get lost in the bowl. Its smaller size also makes it easier to hand-wash without losing your grip on it. And it is a very elegant glass.
A good all around glass
by Everyday sipper
These work well as a nice basic glass and for Chardonnay, but for most white wines I actually prefer the Riedel Vinum Sauvignon Blanc.
Not worth the price. These are too heavy to be $25 per stem...will return or exchange for another product.