Riedel Vinum Brunello di Montalcino Set of 2 #7033
Riedel Vinum Brunello di Montalcino Set of 2 (P/N 6416/90).
Brunello Di Montalcino was long considered the world's most prestigious wine. DOCG rules now require it to be barreled 4 years, so a new glass had to be developed to accommodate the change in flavor. This is the result.
- Stands at 8-5/8 inch, with a capacity of 20.75 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- The size and shape improve on the confining former "Chianti Classico," with oak flavors deemphasized in favor of fruit by virtue of the diameter of the rim.
deepens and brightens the amber color of Brunello.
Recommended for: Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, TempranilloWhy choose this set over similar glasses?
- This glass was the first to be officially designed for a wine region.
- The wide-rimmed trumpet shape brings out the best in the cherries-and-port accents of this surprisingly mature bouquet.
- Riedel is recognized as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of fine wine stemware.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Brunello grapesl
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
- Set of 2 stems
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
Riedel Vinum Brunello di Montalcino Review
by Yvonne D -
We love the Riedel glasses and the Brunello glasses are a great addition to our collection. The glasses are very great quality and make a difference in the taste of the wine. They are well worth purchasing if you invest in good quality Brunellos. Items were shipped quickly and arrived in perfect condition.
Love the Bell!
I'm not a connesseur by anyone's standard, but I love the generous size of this bell and I love Cabernet sauvignon!
These are wonderfully balanced glass,and not just for Brunello.
Not just for Brunello!
Finally a dedicated Brunello glass! I tasted-tested using several different glasses and my Brunello really was best showcased by this glass. Try Tempranillo or even Cab Franc in this glass. Recommended.