Riedel O Oaked Chardonnay Set of 2 #5434
- The nearly perfect sphere of the Chardonnay bowl is beautifully symmetrical.
- The bowl shape is also highly functional, designed to guide the toasty flavors of oak barrel aging to the parts of the tongue that recognize this quality.
- 3-1/2 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is dishwasher safe.
Recommended for: Burgundy (white), Chardonnay, Chardonnay (oaked), Chardonnay New World (oaked), Corton-Charlemagne, Meursault, Montrachet, Morillon, Pouilly-Fuisse, Riesling (Kabinett), Riesling (late harvest), Riesling Smaragd, Sauvignon Blanc, St. Aubin Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- With the broadest bowl in the Riedel O line, it works especially well for oaked Chardonnays compared to the narrower Viognier/Chardonnay version.
- Riedel is renowned worldwide for producing the finest stemware for wine.
- The lack of a stem makes this glass great for mini bars, smaller cupboards, or packing into a picnic basket.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
Size: 3 1/2h (in)
Weight: 1.1 lbs
Capacity: 21 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
As other reviewers have mentioned, these are huge! The aperture is approx. 3 inches across. Because these can be used for wines that need aerating or as small bowls, these really do earn their place in the cupboard.
Shipped right away, no breakage. I'll admit to using this glass as a dessert bowl, too. It's the perfect size for sundaes! Wine looks great on the table with this glass, and it swirls beautifully. It's wide for a stemless glass, but still easy to hold, I haven't had any complaints when I serve with it.
Odd shape to hold and they kind of remind me of the holders for air plants. Would like to exchange for the Riedel O Viognier Stems instead.
I got these for drinking wine out on my patio, no worries about tipping the glass over. What does not show in the photo is how large the bowl is. I like the look and feel, but my wife has small hands and needs both hands to drink from it. So now these are officially "my" glasses!