Riedel O Riesling/Sauvignon Blanc Set of 2 #5308
- Whether sweet or dry, the fruit structure of Riesling is maximized by an innovative design shared by the pricier Riedel Vinum line.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is dishwasher safe, and no stem means it fits right in the top rack.
- 4 1/4 inchestall, with a maximum capacity of 13 oz. for an average serving size of 5 oz.
- Comes attractively packaged in an elegant gift box.
Recommended for: Amarone, Blaufrankisch, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Grenache, Hermitage Rouge, Malbec, Mourvedre, Pinotage, Rhone, Shiraz, Syrah
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- Austrian manufacturer Riedel is the official glassware supplier to The Institute of Masters of Wine.
- The lack of a stem makes them great for mini bars, smaller cupboards, or packing into a picnic basket.
- The lowest priced glass for Sauvignon Blanc among the Riedel lines.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
Size: 4 1/4h (in)
Weight: 1.3 lbs
Capacity: 13 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
Beautiful but a little small
My first reaction to these was that they are a bit on the small side. They offer the high quality you expect from Riedel, but unless you want these specifically for Rieseling or Sauvignon Blanc I would choose a slightly larger stemless.
My pick is the buy 6 get 8 Viognier/Chardonnay also sold by IWA.
Gives wine a great taste
These glasses really give my sauvignon blanc a great taste. I've never believed that wine could taste better or worse depending on the type of glass you drink out of. This glass is wonderful. I strongly recommend researching which glass is designed for your favorite wine and doing some taste testing of your own to see how much difference the right glass makes. Five stars for this.
Beautiful glass, top quality. I would not hesitate to recommend these to a friend.