Riedel O Oaked Chardonnay Set of 2 #5434
The design parameters for Riedel's O glasses, such as the shape of the tumbler and the size and diameter of the rim, are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
- The nearly perfect sphere of the Chardonnay bowl is beautifully symmetrical.
- The bowl shape is also highly functional, designed to guide the toasty flavors of oak barrel aging to the parts of the tongue that recognize this quality.
- 3-1/2 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is dishwasher safe.
Recommended for: Burgundy (white), Chardonnay, Chardonnay (oaked), Chardonnay New World (oaked), Corton-Charlemagne, Meursault, Montrachet, Morillon, Pouilly-Fuisse, Riesling (Kabinett), Riesling (late harvest), Riesling Smaragd, Sauvignon Blanc, St. Aubin Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- With the broadest bowl in the Riedel O line, it works especially well for oaked Chardonnays compared to the narrower Viognier/Chardonnay version.
- Riedel is renowned worldwide for producing the finest stemware for wine.
- The lack of a stem makes this glass great for mini bars, smaller cupboards, or packing into a picnic basket.
Size: 3 1/2h (in)
Weight: 1.1 lbs
Capacity: 21 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.