Le Cache Euro 2400 Classic #746
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood French doors
- Crown and base moldings
- Hand-carved wood trim
- Hand-turned pewter pulls and security locks
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 44w x 31d x 88h (in)
Weight: 415 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Capacity: 286 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 256 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 30 bottles (stacked)
2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
- Interactive Product Demo
Watch Product Video
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 35w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE:
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR:
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or will overheat and/or will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be above and to the sides of the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance around the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
Ratings & Reviews
Great cabinet...the delivery not so much
Long story short: After waiting around all day for a delivery, the driver finally calls me to say he'll be there in 20 minutes but he's not sure he can complete the delivery because the company only sent 2 people for a 3 person job. The bill of lading specifically said 3 people, they knew this all day, but didn't call me until 4:30pm to tell me this. So...no delivery. It's too heavy and they also knew nothing about what was required for white glove service. Rescheduled for 4 days later and the unit had slight damage upon arrival. I now have two open cases with Le Cache: one to get a shipping refund since I had to take 2 days off from work and another to repair the damage. Still have not heard back on either. The cabinet itself is beautiful and is working great so far. The delivery process, though, was painful.
Great piece of furniture that holds plenty of bottles. Very quite and functional. I have had mine for five months now and has functioned perfectly.
by Byron J.
Highest Quality Cabinet
by John R. Johnson, D.V.M.
Outstanding customer service both before and after the sale. Highest quality cabinet I could find for the price.
Euro 2400 Wine Cellar
by Joe W H
I placed order on March 26, 2010, and they delivered and set it up on April 2, 2010. Originally I wanted to have Euro 2400 Chocolate Cherry finish. It sold out and I didn’t want to wait for two months for it. So my order was as follow: • Euro 2400 Classic Cherry finish, we love it. • Top-vent exhaust • Cooling unit - CellarPro 1800QTL: 3 Amps (14.2 Startup) • LED lighting • Free white-glove delivery Very impressive and very good service Le Cache provided, and the delivery crew were very good and knowing what they do. I loaded this cellar with my wine and turned it on yesterday 04/04/2010. It works like a charm and quietly. Per Owner's Manual, I leave cooling unit as preset by the manufactory. For now, all I can say is about its look. • Lovely furniture like wine cellar. The crown and base moldings make a huge difference on this beautifully built wine cellar. • Beautifully crafted with detailing • Very good construction and design • Love its universal racking; it has plenty of room for my pinot noir bottles. • For those very long bottles, you need to put both bottles with cork facing each other on its double-deep rack. • Very good documentation – Owner’s Manual, Delivery instruction and so forth. It would be much better if the owner’s manual cover page posts Euro 2400 Wine Cabinet – Chocolate Cherry Finish photo instead of Contemporary Design’s. I will come back to post more about the cooling units and the cellar few weeks later as I will continue to monitor and document my finding about it. Joe H
My expectations were exceeded
by Samuel S.
My expectations were exceeded. Thank you.
Looking even better than it appeared on the website
by Cindy H. B.
Our European Country 2400 was delivered looking even better than it appeared on the website. It is functioning in a quiet and unobtrusive manner even though it is located in our family room close to television and activities. and its cooling seems to be working in a very consistent temperature. If the wine bottles had faces. they would be smiling! We are.
I love the wine refrig!
by Jack C.
I love the wine refrig!
Great looking piece of furniture
by Don F.
Finally, good protection for my wine, and great looking piece of furniture in the living room too.
by Ross H.
Our cabinet arrived last Friday and it is quite stunning.
We are very happy with the Euro 2400
by Richard M.
The Le Cache Euro 2400 wine cabinet arrived in good condition and the tilt meter did not indicate any problems. The delivery company (Cardinal) was very professional and they completed the set-up as contracted....One key comment would be that when the cooling unit kicks on, it is a bit louder than I thought it would be but it is very similar but not any louder than our GE double door refrigerator in the kitchen, as the wine cabinet is positioned in our adjacent eat-in area. I had done extensive research on cooling units and reviewed your on-line data as to comparisons with other companies and warranties and found that the Le Cache cooling unit is apparently the quietest; it does cool down very quickly and efficiently; and it cuts-off quietly when it reaches the preset interior temperature of 55 degrees. At night, the blue LED temperature light is prevalent in a dark room and adds to the grandeur of the unit. So far, we are very happy with the Euro 2400 unit as we have only stocked it with half of its capacity at this time. What we have also been doing is when we have a bottle we do not want to finish right away, we reseal it with a vacuum pump and store it on the tilt presentment shelf insert as a reminder it is there; and so far, it keeps very well until needed the next day or so with no substantive loss of flavor or quality. Some other points as to your product are that the door and the cabinet did not need to be adjusted as it was square when received; the door seals are very airtight even though the doors are easy to open and close as needed; and the process for the installation of the sliders for the top and bottom molding was unique, effective and enhance the wine cabinet extremely well. We also complement Le Cache on this after-delivery request for feedback, as it is an indicator of a company striving to improve its product and you are customer focused.