Le Cache Contemp 1400 Provincial #733
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood door and furniture trim
- Stainless bar pull and security lock
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0 Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 31w x 29d x 72h (in)
Weight: 320 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
CALIFORNIA PROP 65 WARNING.
Some furniture products can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Capacity: 172 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 160 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 12 bottles (stacked)
2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
- Interactive Product Demo
Watch Product Video
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 26.5w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE:
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR:
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or will overheat and/or will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be above and to the sides of the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance around the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought a Cellar
Love it, works great, thanks
by Neal E
I purchased a Le Cache Contemporary 1400 Wine Cellar a month and a half ago and I am very pleased with it so far. It is quiet, aesthetically pleasing, and a good value. I only have a couple of nits with it. First, the top is not finished like the rest of the cabinet (which is beautiful) is. I understand why, but my cellar is placed in a room (no other choice) with a high ceiling that is over looked by the stair case, and I see the top each time I go up or down the stairs. How much harder would it be to finish the top? Also, a little more detail could be helpful in the user's manual which was still satisfactory. Finally, I think loaded properly, it probably holds several less bottles than stated, but only by several and more than enough for my needs. I would also note that the delivery folks they used were professional and helpful. Overall I rate 4 and 1/2 stars.
by Lee C
Everything is working fine!!! Of course, I’m sure you hear that a lot. My frig is FULL and I have about 12+ cases in queue!!! I know, sales opportunity!!
My kitchen opens into a dinette and I have the unit placed just inside the footprint of the dinette so I can hear both the frig and the wine unit. They both have about the same noise levels. I have noted that there seems to be two noise levels for the wine unit. One seems to be just a fan running. And, the other is a step up in mechanical noise – perhaps the compressor comes on? And, then, when the compressor turns off, perhaps the fan continues to run to cool it off?? Fan noise is hardly noticeable but I do note the compressor. It’s not objectable. No issues with any sort of background noise that might keep me awake. All in all, I’m fully satisfied with the noise level.
Few pics attached of my Le Cache!!! Santé!!
by Bruce G.
The LeCache site automatically calculated a star rating based on our underlying category ratings. We would ultimately give the unit between 4 and 4.5 stars. The delivery experience, for which we gave a one star rating, likely reduced the overall rating to 3.5 stars.
by Bruce G.
We are pleased, overall, with our purchase. The cabinet styling and racking are quite nice. Thus far the cabinet seems to be operating as expected. Customer service is very responsive. The only negatives that we have observed have been the noise level, even with the sound hood, is somewhat higher than we had expected; the top of the cabinet is not finished and can be seen on units that do not have crown molding; and the delivery contractor did a horrible job. LeCache stands behind their products, and this was a major factor in our purchase decision.
by Richard H.
Great unit except for noise level. Excellent wood/finish quality. As a physicist I was able to design a low resistance, noise reduction add-on to the top of the cabinet. Otherwise it would have been too noisy to use. Similar modification by the manufacturer would be a welcome addition.
Our investment is protected
by James S.
I was stunned when I began loading our new Le Cache Model 1400 and found 135 bottles stored in cabinets and closets representing $10.000. Now our investment is protected and will appreciate.
by Chuck P.
by Jack H.
We received the Le Cache wine cave last week -- it is absolutely beautiful!
Beautiful cherry cabinet
by Donald J.
This was our 3rd wine cooler. First one [different manufacturer] didn't have the right size racks. so we sent it back. Got a larger unit [different manufacturer] that had proper racks but it...was much larger than what we needed. So we spent more money but got a beautiful cherry cabinet from you with Universal racking!
Unit looks great
by Dave W.
Unit looks great, will start the bottle-filling process soon!
by Dana M.
Not only is the Le Cache wine cabinet beautiful, it is silent! It arrived in perfect condition and with the help of the easy-to-read Owner's Manual, we had it setup and filled with our favorite wine in no time. Thank you for adhering to such high-quality standards!
by James M.
We were so satisfied with our first Model 1400 wine cabinet that we purchased another one. The purchases were two years apart. This should tell people that we are very, very satisfied with our Le Cache wine cabinets.
by Frank N.
The wine cellar is great! It's beautiful and working well.
Never been more impressed
by Jason N.
I have never been more impressed than with the quality of the service provided by Le Cache.
by Larry M.
Keep the superb team of professionals you have. This is my second Le Cache. Need I say more?
by Frank G.
I was very impressed with the follow-up and amount of details provided on delivery and set-up. The unit meets or exceeds all of our expectations.
Exceeded my expectations
by Hugh R.
This wine cabinet has exceeded my expectations. It must be seen to be fully appreciated. Beautiful functionality.