CellarPro Mini Split 3000Shqc Horizontal Quickconnect 50 ft #19253
CellarPro's Mini-Split 3000Shqc cooling units (1/4 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 600* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Our Quickconnect pre-charged hoses and plug-in power cords allow fast, easy installation by technicians or the end customer. The only tool required is an adjustable wrench.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 3000Shqc units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
- Quickconnect split units are designed to be installed with the evaporator inside the cellar, and the condensing unit in a remote location.
- The Condensing unit is controlled by a Solenoid valve (dual power source, one each to the Evaporator and Condensing units.) The Condensing unit comes with an Outdoor Hood and Compressor Heater, and can be used indoors or outdoors in temperatures down to 20F.
- Unlike 3000Sqc systems 3000Shqc evaporators cannot be ducted from a remote location and must be located inside the cellar.
- This model includes 25-feet of hose to connect the Evaporator and Condensing Unit.
- The evaporator can be wired to a shared 15-amp circuit breaker.
- The condensing unit must be wired to a dedicated 15-amp circuit breaker.
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- The condensing unit requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- Our Quickconnect cooling units include an outdoor hood and compressor heater to protect the condensing unit from weather, so the condensing unit can be installed indoors or outdoors in temperatures down to 20F without our fan cycling switch, or 0F with the fan cycling switch (sold separately).
- The Quickconnect fittings and power cord can be configured to exit from the rear or left side of the evaporator. When exiting from the rear, the fittings will require an opening in the wall that measures 10-1/4" x 2-1/4".
- The drain line can be configured to exist from the rear of the left side of the evaporator.
- Unlike most split systems, which must be wired, installed and charged on site by qualified Electrican and HVAC professionals, our Quickconnect systems are pre-charged with refrigerant and use plug-in power cords, so that they can be installed quickly and easily by the end user.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces, and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -0 to 110F.
- This model comes fully-charged with 50-ft Quickconnect hoses, so that it can be installed by the end customer without assistance from a refrigeration technician
- Evaporator, Condensing Unit and Flexible Quickconnect Hoses are factory-charged and shipped with R134a refrigerant.
- Included outdoor hood allows the condensing unit to be installed indoors or outdoors
- Included compressor heater allows the condensing unit to function in temperatures down to 20F. Optional fan cycling switch (sold separately) allows the condensing unit to operate in temperatures down to 0F
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Both the condensing unit and evaporator are configured with plug-in power cords, meaning that an electrician is not required for installation.
- A dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the condensing unit, and the evaporator can be plugged into a shared circuit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets are included as standard equipment
- Valves can exit from the side or rear of the evaporator. Rear connections require a 6" x 2 1/4" hole in the wall for hoses, power and drain lines.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Liquid Line Filter/Drier is factory installed.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 50 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 30 1/2w x 14 1/2d x 13 1/4h (in)
Weight: 143 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Dimensions:
- 42 lbs
- 13.5w x 18.9d x 9.1h
Evaporator Unit Dimensions (including brackets):
- 63 lbs
- 30.4w x 14.4d x 13.2h
- Dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the condensing unit.
- Shared 15-amp circuit can be used to power the evaporator.
- Startup: 28.2 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 6.2 Amps (high fan speed)
- Total Watts: 526 (med fan speed)
BTUH @ 55F / Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed: 2144 / 51 dbA
- Med Fan Speed: 2398 / 55 dbA
- High Fan Speed: 2491 / 63 dbA
- 1/4 Ton Nominal
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Indoor: 64
- Outdoor: 62
Capacity: 2491 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
2 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately.)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the evaporator to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Bottle Probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
What's the difference between a split system and "through the wall" or "self-contained" systems?
A: Split systems are "split" into two parts: the cold side (evaporator) which usually is installed inside the cellar, and the hot side (condensing unit) which is installed away from the cellar. The benefit of having this split is that the heat and noise from the condensing unit can be located far away from living spaces where it won't interfere with day-to-day life.
Are split systems more difficult to install than self-contained systems?
A: Yes. Split systems require installation by a licensed HVAC technician, whereas a self-contained unit can be mounted through-the-wall and is shipped fully charged and operational out of the box.
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: No, the condensing unit must be located outside the cellar.
If I don't have sufficient space around the condensing unit, is that Ok?
A: The condensing unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The condensing unit cannot be ducted; it requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
We want to put a wood grill in front of the evaporator, what is the percentage of air flow that grill will need to have?
A: Our units require 1/2" minimum spacing, as well as a baffle behind the grill to separated the cold air discharge from the coil intake. We have seen problems with custom grills where there is a gap between the unit and the grill and it causes air circulation behind the grill resulting in coil icing. It is also important to note that the evaporator must be mounted to the interior cellar wall, not buried inside the wall. If it is buried inside the wall, the housing will require insulation, otherwise condensation and heat loss issues will occur.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent Quality - Easy Installation
by Todd -
I had to replace an old split system unit from another manufacturer, and the Cellar Pro Mini Split 3000 is so much better than what I previously had. The installation was really straightforward and the pre-charged line sets make hooking it up and starting up very easy. The only suggestion that I have would be to offer appliance plug ends. Because I was replacing an existing unit with an existing power outlet, the new evaporator in the wine cellar blocked the outlet. I was able to get a short appliance extension cord that worked.