CellarPro 2000VSi-ECX Cooling Unit #27056
CellarPro 2000VSi-ECX cooling units (1/5 Ton Nominal) use energy-efficient EC fans and are designed for low profile installations in commercial and residential wine cellars up to 400 cubic feet* (see assumptions below).
- Cold intake and exhaust exit from the front
- Maximize racking below the cooling unit
- Better air circulation inside the cellar
- Low profile for maximum flexibility
- Shallow height fits above doors: 13 1/5" H
- Shallow width fits in between studs: 14 1/8" W
- Variable-speed fan inside the cellar
- 1886 SENSIBLE BTUH on high fan speed
- 1713 SENSIBLE BTUH on low fan speed
- Variable-speed fan outside the cellar
- 110F maximum intake temperature / 61.5 dBA on the high fan speed
- 100F maximum intake temperature / 55.5 dBA on the low fan speed
- Cooling unit can be ducted on hot, cold or both sides
- Condensate management system
- Oversized stainless-steel drain pan
- 1/2" ID drain line for excess condensate
- Optional 100W heating element
- Choice of power source
- Front or rear
- Removable 10-ft cord
- Optional remote display
- Optional bottle probe
*Assumptions for 400cf are:
- the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete),
- the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 55F inside the cellar and
- ambient temperatures up to 85F outside the cellar
- CellarPro 2000VSi-ECX units are self-contained, fully-charged units designed to be attached to the ceiling inside the cellar, or above the cellar.
- 2000VSi-ECX units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 6-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 2000VSi-ECX cooling units require fresh air intake without interference from the unit's hot air exhaust. If sufficient space does not exist to provide fresh air, you may need our hot-side duct kit.
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below below 40F, the cooling unit will require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Just 14 1/8-inches wide and 13 1/4-inches tall, the 2000VSi-ECX cooling unit will fit in between studs and/or above door frames. Dual independent variable-speed fans offer flexibility to trade-off between super-quiet operation vs maximum performance.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
Before purchasing this unit, let us calculate the thermal load of your wine cellar.
- Features energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator and condenser coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Low profile for maximum flexibility
- Shallow height fits above doors: 13 1/4" H
- Shallow width fits in between studs: 14 1/8" W
Size: 14 1/8w x 22 1/4d x 13 1/4h (in)
Weight: 72 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Startup (LRA): 22.2 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 4.02 Amps
- Total Watts with Fans on Low: 305
- Total Watts with Fans on Low: 305
- Compatible with Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
BTUH @ 55F:
- Low Fan Speed: 1713 BTUH
- High Fan Speed: 1886 BTUH
- 1/4 Ton Nominal
- 110F Max Intake Temperature / 61.5 dBA (high fan speed)
- 100F Max Intake Temperature / 55.5 dBA (low fan speed)
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Warranty Overview
- Limited Warranty - 2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
- Optional Extended Warranty (sold separately).
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- 100W Heating Element#27318: Designed to burn off condensate to reduce or eliminate condensate flow exiting from the drain line
- Duct Hood (Hot or Cold Side)#27107and Kit#27104: permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar (cold side), and allows you to install the unit in a small space with limited airflow, up to 50 equivalent feet using 6" diameter ducting.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
- The duct items above are designed for installation in climate-controlled environments. Choose our High RH duct hood #27108 or kit #27105 for installation in environments that are NOT climate controlled.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How do I pick between this unit and the 1800XTS?
A: This cooling unit and the 1800XTS provide the same BTUH output, and therefore can be used to cool wine cellars with similar thermal loads. The biggest differences are
- The 2000VS unit can handle temperatures up to 110F, vs 95 with the 1800 units
- The 2000VS unit can be ducted on the cold side and hot side, whereas the 1800 Series cannot be ducted on the cold side
- The 1800XTS was designed to be installed with the front 8 inches inside the cellar, whereas the 2000VSi-ECX can be flush on the wall inside the cellar
- The 1800XTS blows the cold air down inside the cellar, whereas the 2000VSi-ECX blows the cold air forward inside the cellar
- The 1800XTS measures 18"W x 16 1/2"D x 10 1/2"H, whereas the 2000VSi-ECX measures 14 1/8"W x 22 1/4"D x 13 1/4"H - ie it will fit in between the studs
- Other standard upgrades in the 2000VSi-ECX include
- An advanced condensate management system, with a large stainless steel drain pan, 1/2"ID drain line and optional 100W condensate evaporator
- Independent variable-speed fan control for the cold and hot fans
- Removable power cord, with power at the front or rear
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit pulls air?
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the wine cellar when used with our cold-side (front) duct hoods and kits. Remember that cold-side ducting must be insulated and additional load should be added to properly size the required cooling unit.
Can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar, attached to the ceiling, with the hot air exhaust and fresh air intake pushed to and pulled from outside the cellar using our hot side duct kit.
If I don't have sufficient space to pull fresh air, is that Ok?
A: The hot side of the cooling unit generates hot air that must have sufficient space to dissipate, otherwise the unit will recycle its own hot air. The hot air exhaust and/or intake can be ducted to another location with our hot-side duct hoods and kits, which allow supply and return airflows to be redirected to and from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar.
Can I use the low fan speed setting on the cooling unit when the unit is ducted?
A: Duct hoods and kits create additional static pressure and therefore require the use of the high fan speed to overcome the additional static pressure.
Ratings & Reviews
We haven't installed the unit yet, but were very impressed with how it was packaged and shipped. It arrived securely strapped to a pallet so no concerns that it might have gotten turned upside down and the internal packaging in the box was very high density foam that fit like a tight glove. We waited 24 hours and then plugged it in to test it and it worked like it was supposed to.
Texas Wine Owner
by David M -
This is my 3rd cooling unit for a small cellar and my first CellarPro. The difference in sound compared to our previous units is remarkable. Our cellar is next to our bedroom and the old units sounded like tractor engines, which was annoying and meant the unit was shut off at night. The new CellarPro unit is amazingly quiet and so far seems to cool the cellar very well. Purchase was fairly easy, shipping was well communicated and installation was straightforward. Very pleased
by John R -
Received and installed unit in about one hour. runs so quiet I had to double check to see if it was running. As a manufacture I appreciate the quality and design of the unit, very well built.
by Tony -
I purchased this unit for my second cellar in my home. I chose the ducted version add on along with the remote probe extension. My first cellar's unit is thru the wall and this one will be outside the cellar with the ducts supplying the cool air. I like others am very pleased with the clear install instructions along with the superb operation of the unit. Having had other products in my cellar, I can definitely tell this is made to last a long time with very convenient and quiet operation.
Easy installation & works like a charm!
by Fax D
I bought my unit months ago and installed it to replace an existing unit from another manufacturer. The difference is staggering, both in installation and operation. The installation instructions alone extremely clear and detailed in ways one might not realize is necessary and it took all of my concerns away during the process to have such clear diagrams and written instructions. Once installed, the unit is easily programmable and worry free with a digital display which shows the status whenever you walk in. My only regret is that I didn’t ut and install it sooner. It is heavy for one person to lift and install but manageable. I highly recommend it now that 6 months have passed and we are well into summer as no problems have arisen. The only issue I had was something I did and a phone call to Cellar Pro got answers personally, professionally and knowledgeably.
by JJ -
All my questions were answered in a prompt manner and the salesperson, Bruce, was very helpful !
by Kellen Carson
Purchased upon recommendation of Kedco, trusted experts in winemy area. Transaction/shipping went smoothly and quality of unit immediately noticeable upon delivery. Solidly built, packaged carefully and easy to install. Unit is quieter than my previous brand and electronics easy to understand and pre-programmed smartly. My cellar temperature is consistent with settings and maintained efficiently. Very happy with overall experience and my purchase!
2000VSi: FANTASTIC cooling unit
by James P.
I previously installed another brand and was completely disappointed. It was loud, didn't cool to temp, froze up, and ran almost constantly. After trying to resolve my issues with that unit (including trying to diagnose faulty readings from three different temperature probes), I gave up and contacted CellarPro. Paying for another unit was painful, but the CellarPro unit is light years ahead of the other.
I've had the unit installed for a week now. It's quiet, runs about 1/2 the time of the prior unit, and maintains the right temperature range. I'm able to run the fans on low with a 294 cu ft insulated cellar with an insulated glass door, and it's like the 2000VSi isn't even working that hard.
If the first week is any indicator, I have no doubt that the 2000VSi will serve my needs for a long time.
by Steve T
Just installed and working like a champ. Very well built unit and super quite. Very nice !