Transtherm Ermitage Wine Cabinet Solid Door Black NEW #7708
Ermitage wine cabinets have 1 temperature zone that maintains ideal conditions from 43 to 64°F and 55%-80% RH for storing and chilling your wine collection.
We offer Ermitage wine cabinets with 3 adjustable rolling shelves (12 bottles per shelf) and 3 fixed storage shelves (up to 77 bottles per shelf). Using this configuration, the wine cabinet holds 215 bottles. Additional shelving is available, up to a maximum of 14 rolling shelves (capacity will decrease as shelves are added). When using 3 fixed shelves, a maximum of 9 rolling can be used.
Placement Requirements: Ermitage and Castel wine cabinets require 4 inches of clearance behind the cabinets.
NEW Design Improvements and Upgrades
Improved Control Panel:
The all-new digital panel provides integrated lighting control and multiple alarms with temperature and humidity alerts
The inner material has been upgraded from thermoformed polystyrene to Aluminum
Shelves can be adjusted to achieve the perfect height
Transtherm wine cabinets provide silent operation at 37 dBA
Removable Door Handle:
Steel and aluminum door handle can be removed, and is reversible on glass doors.
The walls of the Transtherm Ermitage cabinets are made of three successive thermal barriers. The internal walls have been upgraded to aluminum, and the exterior walls are reinforced at the corners by insulating sections, and injected with 4. 5cm high-density expanded foam to ensure optimal insulation.
Thermal Regulation: When the ambient temperature rises above the setpoint, a cold circuit, driven by a very slow cycle compressor mounted on silent-blocks, automatically comes into action. The cold circuit coil, made of aluminum, is within the aluminum back wall of the cabinet, for a better temperature distribution. When the amibient temperature drops below the setpoint, an electrical resistance, which is also within the back wall, will come into action and automatically increase the temperature.
Natural Ventilation: In order to avoid the mold phenomenon, which would generate bad odors and risk deteriorating the corks, the Transtherm Ermitage has natural permanent ventilation, based on the same principal as the thermal pump.
Absence of Vibration: Choosing slow and balanced compressors, as well as disassociating them from the cabinet's body, allows the elimination of all residual vibrations.
Thermal Pump: The thermal pump process, (a Transtherm exclusive), by reheating the condensation from the evaporator coils, recycles humid air in the cabinet and considerably increases the hygrometry value between 55% - 80%. This principle gives the cabinet natural ventilation and constant air circulation.
Electronic Temperature Control: Transtherm Ermitage cabinets are equipped with an electronic temperature regulation system that regulates the cold and hot circuits and maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2-3F inside the wine cabinet.
Digital Display:All Transtherm cabinets are equipped with a temperature setting and control panel, featuring a LED display.
- Electronic temperature regulation system maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2-3F inside the wine cabinet
- Integrated lighting control operates in multiple modes
- Multiple alarms include temperature and humidity alerts
- Heating element allows Ermitage wine cabinets to operate in unconditioned locations from 32 to 95 degrees F
- Inner material has been upgraded from thermoformed polystyrene to aluminum
- New adjustable shelves can be adjusted to achieve the perfect height
- Transtherm rolling shelves have low-profile grooves designed to easily accommodate all bottle sizes
- Silent operation measured at 37 dBA
- Removable door handle made from steel and aluminum (also reversible on glass doors)
- Premium high-density expanded foam insulation insulation is 4. 5cm thick
- Thermal pump (a Transtherm exclusive) recycles condensation and maintains humidity between 55% - 80%
- Natural ventilation avoids mold and bad odors
- Absence of vibrations through slow and balanced compressors that are disassociated from the cabinet's body
Ratings & Reviews
Issues with Shipping but satisfied overall
by TH -
It took at least 2 weeks longer than expected for me to receive my cellar including the time from when I placed my order until it shipped. There was as also an additional shipping charge that I was unaware of and the shipper didnt provide a 24 hour notice when they changed my delivery time. I asked for assistance and IWA worked with me to resolve everything except the changed delivery time. They provided good customer service overall. My cellar arrived in perfect condition and it holds the set temperature accurately. It's well designed, quiet and it holds my larger burgundy and pinot bottles without issues. I would buy a Transtherm cellar again.