Riedel Sommeliers Riesling/Zinfandel Grand Cru #5307
- Riesling expresses more notes and finish on the mid-palate than at the front of the mouth; the shape of the Sommeliers bowl directs the wine to those areas.
- 8-7/8 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 13.4 oz. for an average serving size of just over 4 oz.
- Weighs 10 oz.-just enough to optimize stability and still feel great to lift.
Recommended for: Alsace Grand Cru, Bardolino, Beaujolais Nouveau, Blauer Portugieser, Chianti Classico, Cotes de Provence, Cotes du Rhone rose, Dolcetto, Jurancon Sec, Lagrein, Marsannay rose, Montepulciano, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Orvieto Classico, Primitivo, Riesling, Riesling (Spatlese/late harvest dry), Riesling Smaragd, Sangiovese, Scheurebe, Schilcher, Smaragd, Teroldego, Vernaccia, Welschriesling, Zinfandel
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- The most flexible glass in the line: great for Riesling, Zinfandel and Chianti enthusiasts, but ideal if you also serve Beaujolais, Dolcetto, or over 25 other varietals.
- If you're currently serving in a Bordeaux glass, as is often recommended, the narrower shape of this glass is better suited for these varietals.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Mouth-blown from lead-free crystal.
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes
- Mouth-blown from lead-free crystal
- Single stem
Ratings & Reviews
Gorgeous and multi functional
Riedel is famous for designing glasses for particular varietals. This glass is unique in that it fulfills that function while being versatile at the same time.
Where else are you going to find a glass made for both Chianti and Riesling? Extremely elegant. Worth the price for no seam on the stem.
I bought them for my daughter and her husband. They are fantastic glasses. They use them all the time.
Excellent service, product, packing