Riedel Vinum Zinfandel Set of 2 #6051
- Bowl is shaped to direct wine to the parts of the palate that accentuate the fruit and deemphasize the bitter tannins.
- With a height of 8-1/4 inches, the vessel holds 13 oz.
makes the red wine inside appear radiant.
Recommended for: Bardolino, Beaujolais Nouveau, Carignan, Chianti, Cotes du Roussillon, Cotes du Ventoux, Dolcetto, Lambrusco, Montepulciano, Patrimonio, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Zinfandel
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- Riedel is recognized as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of fine wine stemware.
- Considered the most versatile glass in the Riedel Vinum line, playing down the acidity of any wine.
- The trumpet shape of the Zinfadel glass suits medium-bodied wines, directing the contents to the center of the tongue for the best balance of fruit and acid.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Zinfandel varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
- Set of 2 stems
Size: 8 1/4h (in)
Weight: 2.5 lbs
Capacity: 13 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
One of the few wine glasses designed for Zin.
Most of the ‘universal’ glass shapes favor bold red wines, and I accidentally discovered this makes a better universal glass for me. I drink a lot of whites, which taste much better in these glasses, and the same goes for lighter reds. I like how sculptural these glasses are, with wave ring patterns – so pretty!
The glass makes the wine.
Riesling never tasted better! It hits every part of your tongue that it should and seems to bring more depth to the wine. Be careful only buying 1 set, you may wish you bought more than 2 stems.
Good everyday glass
I'm not sure these are necessary as designated Riesling glasses. They work for various white wines.
These were OK. I thought they would be more elegant and lightweight. Feel like I could have purchased these at a store nearby instead of buying them through the web and pay for shipping.