Riedel Sommeliers Hermitage #6249
- The broadest part of the bowl is directly centered between base and rim to better waft the telltale aroma of toast and black olives to your senses.
- The nearly-black shade of Syrah comes alive with flashes of violet and dark red through crystal-clear mouth-blown 24% leaded crystal.
- 9-1/4 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21-7/8 oz. for an average serving size of just over 7 oz.
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Slightly more symmetrical shape than other Riedel glasses intended for Syrah, for greater visual appeal.
- The high quality material and design result in a uniquely resonant and musical ring upon clinking.
- The Sommeliers line was the very first to tailor design specifications to individual varietals.
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes.
- Mouth-blown with 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Ratings & Reviews
Review of Riedel Sommeliers Hermitage Glasses
The Riedel Sommelier's Hermitage glass accentuates the characteristics of syrah on the nose and palette, but we find that these glasses work well with several other varietals as well. IWA's prices are competitive and they have a broader variety of the Sommelier's line than many others. We have some of these glasses from when Riedel still used leaded crystal and also have the unleaded crystal. The former have a little more weight in the hand (and slightly thinner rim) but the two materials both produce a beautiful glass.
These are a wonderful addition to my collection of stemware because they have a very different shape from any of the other stemware I own. I love the elegant shape. When I run out of Syrah, I enjoy getting new ideas of wines to try by reading the list of other varietals this stem is suited for.
Perfect for syrah!
by Sandy M.
After much research, we found that IWA's prices were better than some of the other online retailers. Customer service was also very helpful. The glasses are beautiful and we enjoy using them.