Riedel O Syrah/Shiraz Wine Glasses Set of 2 #5190
Riedel O Syrah/Shiraz Wine Glasses Set of 2 (P/N 0414/30).
Whether it comes from Australia, South Africa, or a smaller Shiraz-producing region, this no-nonsense vintage tastes great and looks great poured into Riedel O.
- The ratio of base to rim is designed so this full-bodied varietal won't overpower you; the wine bathes the taste buds that play up its strengths.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is sturdy, with great clarity to better reveal the dark berry hues within.
- 5-3/8 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21.9 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Comes attractively packaged in an elegant gift box.
Recommended for: Amarone, Blaufrankisch, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Grenache, Hermitage Rouge, Malbec, Mourvedre, Pinotage, Rhône, Shiraz, Syrah
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The smoky, peppery notes of Shiraz are expressed better by Riedel's scientifically-formulated design than similar glasses.
- Riedel is renowned worldwide for producing the finest stemware for wine.
- The lowest priced glass for Shiraz among the Riedel lines.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
Not just for wine!
These are very thin and light but stronger than you expect. I like this larger style because they can be used both for bold red wines or serving nuts, etc. Try filling them with water and flowers for use as low profile table decorations.
Very similar to the other Riedel O glasses, but this one is taller and wider. I really like the shape of this glass and the price is very affordable.