Riedel O Cabernet/Merlot Set of 2 #5188
- Merlot is back in style, and Cabs never went out; showcase your favorites by serving them in this trendsetting stemless design.
- The bowl shape and rim diameter are based on the revolutionary shapes of Riedel Vinum at a fraction of the price.
- 4-7/8-inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21.1 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is dishwasher safe.
Recommended for: Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fronsac, Graves Rouge, Listrac, Margaux, Medoc, Merlot, Moulis, Pauillac, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Pomerol, St. Emilion, St. Julien
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The bottom of the bowl has greater width and depth than competing glasses, resulting in a stabilizing, harmonious balance.
- The lowest-priced Cabernet glass among the Riedel lines.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
Size: 4 7/8 h (in)
Weight: 1.5 lbs
Capacity: 21.1 oz
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
Reidel O Cabernet/Merlot
Wish they were a little narrower. A bit hard to hold for a small hand.
Love this glass!
It's so easy to set the table with these glasses, because I don't need to worry about breakage, and they fit easily in low cupboards. The size is just right to hold, and I feel comfortable taking them outside and on picnics. I always feel nervous bringing stemware to outdoor concerts, for fear of them falling over or breaking, but I don't need to worry about that with Riedel O. They snuggle into grass or on benches without spilling.
I miss the stem.
by Frank J.
Got these glasses as a gift and they are good. Riedel makes a great quality glass. I just enjoy a good stemmed glass when drinking wine. Very sturdy though.