Le Cache Euro 3800 Chocolate #750
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood French doors
- Crown and base moldings
- Hand-carved wood trim
- Hand-turned pewter pulls and security locks
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 63w x 31d x 91h (in)
Weight: 510 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Capacity: 458 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 408 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 50 bottles (stacked)
2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Placement Requirements
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
- Interactive Product Demo
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 54w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE:
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR:
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or will overheat and/or will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be above and to the sides of the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance around the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in a corner, enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
Ratings & Reviews
Wine cabinet Cache 3800
We have finally received our cabinet after, returning it when they tried to deliver the first time. The delivery company wanted to leave it at the front door, which would not work since, we were supposed to have white gloved delivery.
It has now been installed and the wine has been placed in the cooler. The spacing is large and holds the large bottles. It would be nice if the space at the top had racks at least one side. Seems somewhat wasted space. Overall I am very satisfied with the cooler.
by jeff G
bought the 3800 and had delivered 4/9. I had a problem with delivery company and they did not level and therefore the unit would not seal correctly. But the team at IWA was very helpful and called moving company to come back out and level correctly. The one thing i learned is leveling the unit is very important and cannot be done with 1 person. IWA was great, delivery company was just OK, but had i known about the leveling before i could have avoided some problems. Great unit, good looking, great cooling unit. 468 botlle count is a little high, but i did get over 400 in unit.
by Rob E.
Great unit, even more beautiful in person, you will be happy. Seemed to get to temperature within just a few hours empty, although I did not start mine up until sitting flat for 24 hours since it was sideways while getting through my door.
Be careful not to assume it will be white glove unloaded just anywhere. I originally wanted to put in the basement and was told it could be delivered there, Lucky for me I changed my mind before they arrived and found a better spot on first floor. However they mentioned had I not changed my mind they would not have brought it down the stairs. Also check dimensions not only where you will put it but front door and hallways to get it where you want before ordering. It comes boxed so you will want to allow a little more room too. It was tight but I was ok as it turned out.
Mine was delivered with a chip on the front rack but because they came out right away to replace the rack I was very happy with the service, and it was not a big deal.
Since I just got it I can't speculate on its longevity but seems very well built with a solid looking cooling unit.
Since I have it in a living area I was concerned about the sound. So I got the sound dampener with top exhaust and although it wasn't extremely noisy without it, I would recommend getting a dampener unless you are putting in a noisy room. Lastly I would buy a clock outlet or replug it with a flat plug because the plug it comes with is pretty fat (deep) and I bought the top vent so I could cut it into the baseboard and be flat to the wall and this caused an issue for me. If your plug is to the side of the unit you will only need to worry about the cord thickness.
The Right Decision
by Terry S
The best compliment that I can give is that I would make the same decision again, buying from Le Cache was the right decision.
We couldn't be happier!
by Robert W.
We couldn't be happier with the looks, workmanship quality, and quiet performance. The only problem is consumption vs acquisition capacity exceeds our ability to accumulate bottles (lol)! We have about 120 bottles so we have 350 vacancies.....
Love the wine cabinet
by Steve S.
Love the wine cabinet, best thing I have ever done, well almost.
by James L.
The wine cabinet I ordered seems to be working just fine and is a very beautiful and unobtrusive addition to the room it is in. It has only been about a month. but so far I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase of your wine cabinet.