Riedel Vinum Cabernet Set of 2 #4479
- Crystal clear lead-free glass intensifies the deep magenta hue of the wine.
- A spacious bowl develops the full bouquet for maximum enjoyment.
- The convex shape of the glass sends the fruity impact of the alcohol directly to the corresponding taste buds at the back of the tongue.
Recommended for: Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fronsac, Graves Rouge, Listrac, Margaux, Medoc, Merlot, Moulis, Pauillac, Pessac Leognan (Rouge), Pomerol, St. Emilion, St. Estephe, St. Julien
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The elegance of a thinner material eliminates distraction as you sip.
- Machine-made glasses offer precision and uniformity among the glasses.
- Costs 50% less than the Riedel Sommeliers Cabernet glass.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Cabernet Sauvignon varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
- Set of 2 stems
Size: 9h (in)
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Capacity: 22 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
by John Ring
We have limited storage space; thus, this versatility of this glass is helpful. The high quality is enjoyable, both for everyday use and entertaining. The price point is acceptable for the quality.
Good but expensive
by D -
As always, Riedel are the best and you pay for the privilege. I think they could sell these cheaper but this is about normal price.
Be careful when you wash them, they are very easy to break
by Keith -
Riedel glasses are the best, no doubt. Have used many types but always have Riedel glasses for my good wine. Definitely makes a difference.
Stickers on the glasses
Nice glasses, but when I received the product some of the stickers were peeling off from the glasses which made it seem like they were used. Not a big deal though. The glasses seemed clean.
by C Turner
Wine always tastes better in a nice Riedel glass