4200VS Cooling & Humidity Performance 500 Cu Ft
We tested CellarPro's 4200VSi wine cooling unit for 24 hours in a 500 cubic foot wine cellar with the fan speed on "high" to make sure that the cooling unit wouldn't "short cycle" - ie turn off too quickly - leading to temperature stratification and excess humidity inside the wine cellar. We used the "high" fan speed, though the cooling unit needed much less BTU, to make the test as difficult as possible.
As shown in the chart above, CellarPro's 4200VS cooling unit had normal cycle patterns, and did an oustanding job of keeping the temperature at 55°F and humidity at 65 percent inside the wine cellar.
- The cooling unit was tested in a 500 cubic foot wine cellar with R-13 rigid foam insulation and a moisture barrier
- The wine cellar was filled with approximately 500 bottles
- The CellarPro cooling unit was set to maintain 55°F (53°F "off" and 4°F Temperature Differential) (1)
- The temperature measurements inside the wine cellar were taken at the far wall (approximately 6' from the cooling unit)
1) CellarPro cooling units provide maximum flexibility for controlling the environment inside a wine cellar. Rather than selecting a single temperature target, CellarPro users designate the lower and upper temperature settings during which the cooling unit cycles off and on. In the test charted above, the CellarPro cooling unit was set to cycle "off" at 53°F, and cycle "on" at 57°F (55°F average.)