Transtherm Ermitage Wine Cabinet Glass Door Brushed Aluminum Fully Shelved NEW #17045
Ermitage wine cabinets have 1 temperature zone that maintains ideal conditions from 43 to 64°F and 55%-80% RH for storing and chilling your wine collection.
This Ermitage model includes 14 adjustable rolling shelves (12 bottles per shelf) and 1 half shelf at the bottom. Using this configuration, the wine cabinet holds 182 bottles.
Placement Requirements: Ermitage wine cabinets require 3 inches of clearance behind the cabinets, as well as 2 inches of clearance on the sides and above the cabinets, and are designed to operate in environments ranging between 0-35°C/32-95°F. Transtherm cabinets use 120V / 60Hz power. Single cabinets require a 15-Amp circuit, while double cabinets require two (2) 15-amp circuits.
- Electronic temperature regulation system maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2-3F inside the wine cabinet
- Integrated lighting control operates in multiple modes
- Multiple alarms include temperature and humidity alerts
- Heating element allows Ermitage wine cabinets to operate in unconditioned locations from 32 to 95 degrees F
- Inner material has been upgraded from thermoformed polystyrene to aluminum
- New adjustable shelves can be adjusted to achieve the perfect height
- Transtherm rolling shelves have low-profile grooves designed to easily accommodate all bottle sizes
- Silent operation measured at 37 dBA
- Removable door handle made from steel and aluminum (also reversible on glass doors)
- Premium high-density expanded foam insulation insulation is 4. 5cm thick
- Thermal pump (a Transtherm exclusive) recycles condensation and maintains humidity between 55% - 80%
- Natural ventilation avoids mold and bad odors
- Absence of vibrations through slow and balanced compressors that are disassociated from the cabinet's body
Size: 26 3/4w x 27 1/4d x 72h (in)
Weight: 252 lbs
120V / 60Hz; Requires 15-Amp Dedicated Circuit
Capacity: Up to 182 bottles
1-Year Limited Warranty - Parts and Labor
5-Year Limited Warranty - Compressor
Owner's Manual (pdf)
Shelf Configuration (pdf)
Door Reversal Instructions (pdf)
Ratings & Reviews
So Far, So Good.
I have only had this fridge for a few weeks, but so far it is performing great.
Quiet operation - I have this unit near my living room and it is hardly noticeable. Just a slight buzzing when it activates. Much quieter than other leading brands.
Temperature - The fridge allows for a slight bit of fluctuation, and I have not yet had to test its ability to maintain temperature in warmer (summer) conditions, but so far no concerns.
Quality - The cabinet materials feel high quality and look great.
LED lights - They light up labels brilliantly when looking through shelves.
Adjustable shelves - The spacing is completely customizable which is great for storing larger formats.
Manual is vague - One of the most important features is left out of the manual. I had a problem with my shelves slipping off the track. After a conversation with IWA, we discovered the problem could be solved by adjusted screws on shelf track to widen the base. An easy fix that should be listed in the manual.
Shelves - They are very simple construction which can accommodate a variety of sizes. However, you will not be able to fit 12 bottles per shelf unless they are small Bordeaux style bottles. Odd sized bottles do not fit in the grooves securely which causes bottles to rattle around a bit when pulling shelves in and out.
Overall, this fridge is aesthetically pleasing and seems to be doing its job. However, it is hard to maximize the storage potential and the manual is very vague. Luckily, IWA's great customer services makes up for that. In the end, I think this fridge offers incredible value.