Riedel O Whisky Glasses Set of 2 #6994
- The straight sides and ratio of length to width are a pleasant combination.
- 3-7/8-inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 15.1 oz.
- Attractively packaged in an elegant gift box, it makes a great gift for a friend or associate.
Recommended for: Single Malt Whisky, Malt Whisky, Whisky/Whiskey Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- Many whisky glasses consist of hand-made crystal; Riedel O is machine-made for consistency.
- Coordinates with the Riedel O line of wine glasses.
- The Riedel brand is synonymous with affordable luxury.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
Size: 3 7/8h (in)
Weight: 1.4 lbs
Capacity: 15.1 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
O how beautiful and classy,
by Laurie -
I love Riedel O series glasses and have several sets. I bought these Whisky glasses for my husband as a stocking gift, as he is a regular whisky drinker and I think it's a shame he doesn't have a great glass. And for me only the best quality glasses will do. So naturally I chose Riedel O's. I know he'll love them!
Perfect Whiskey glass
I've been using Riedel wine glasses for years, but just discovered these for my regular bar ware. It's the same thin yet durable concept they use in their wine glasses which I really like. These are a little bit larger than a typical Whisky glass, which is what I was looking for, something with room left over in the glass so you can stir the ice without spilling your drink over the edges. Since they are bigger I also like using these for gin and tonics and dirty martinis.
Cute glass, should be thicker
I like the style of this glass, but I am worried that I am going to break them. I do miss a thick, sturdy base. They do swirl quite nice and get the job done.