We love the Reidel Sauvignon Blanc stemware! I needed to add a few to my assortment of glasses because their size is very versatile and we use them for several other wines as well. It is true that having the correct glassware for the wine improves the taste!
Riedel Vinum Sauvignon Blanc Set of 2 (P/N 6416/33). Do you love Sauvignon Blanc? Get the glass that is consistently reviewed as the best on the market for your favorite varietal. Chemists worked with wine experts to create the choice vessel for herbal and grassy, yet citrusy, tones.
- The lead crystal is fire-polished for a lovely finish.
- The long stem and precisely curved bowl target the most responsive part of the palate.
- At 12.4 oz., this medium-sized glass has the narrow shape that best suits Sauvignon Blanc and an array of similar whites.
Recommended for: Ausbruch, Auslese (sweet), Baccus, Barsac, Beerenauslese, Blanc du Bois, Chasselas, Chenin Blanc, Coulée de Serrant, Dessertwine, Fumé Blanc, Furmint, Gelber Muskateller, Gewürztraminer, Jurançon moelleux, Koshu, Lambrusco, Loire (blanc), Loupiac, Malagousia, Malvazija Istriana, Monbazillac, Müller-Thurgau, Muskat-Ottonel, Muskateller, Pouilly Fume, Quarts de Chaume, Recioto di Soave, Sancerre, Sauternes, Sauvignon Blanc (unoaked), Semillon, Sylvaner, Tokaji (dry), Tokaji (sweet), Traminer, Trockenbeerenauslese, Vins Liquoreux, Vouvray, Zierfandler
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The Riedel brand is synonymous with good taste at a reasonable price.
- The thinner glass of Riedel Vinum has a sophisticated look and eliminates distraction during sipping.
- The simple, classic look will complement any table setting.
By highlighting the balanced flavors, maximizing the fruit, and integrating acidity and tannins, Riedel stemware enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of Sauvignon Blanc.
Capacity: 12.4 oz
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Sauvignon Blanc varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with over 24% lead crystal
Size: 8 1/2h (in)
Weight: 2.6 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
Overall smaller than the Riedel Vinum Chard glass, I like the more compact feel while holding it. The bowl has a nice taper.
We love our Riedel Sauvignon glasses from IWA. Having the glass that matches the wine you are serving makes all the difference in the flavor you enjoy. IWA has been helping us keep our wine glass collection/selection ready for any wine, any occasion since 1998.
At first I didn't care for this glass, because it doesn't sparkle like most leaded crystal, but it grew on me after using it for awhile. It works really well for outdoor dining, because of the thick base; when the wind blows the glass is steady. I've had other stemware blow right over, spilling wine everywhere, but this one was substantial enough to be unaffected. I wouldn't put it out for formal occasions, but it's a great picnic glass.