IWA SHIPPING GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
We offer a choice of shipping methods and rates that depend on the size, amount and shipping destination of the order, as follows:
- Saver 7-10 Days: exclusively for our retail customers, we offer discounted ground shipping (via USPS and FedEx) beginning at $6.95 for many items to physical addresses (no PO boxes) within the continental U.S. Oversized items and Hazmat items excluded.
- FedEx: we offer ground and expedited service based on negotiated FedEx rates. Monday through Friday, we try to ship orders on the same day for orders received before noon Pacific Time, or by the next day for orders received after noon. Orders shipped on Friday via FedEx 1-Day will arrive on Monday. Please note that FedEx requires a signature for orders above $500.
- FedEx Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed Nitrogen gas, the Department of Transportation requires that we ship via Hazmat service and collect a Hazmat fee of $30 per package. Please note that FedEx requires a signature for all Hazmat orders.
- USPS: we offer First Class and Priority Mail services based on realtime USPS rates.
- Inside Delivery: for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates. The carrier will set up Le Cache wine cabinets (ie make sure the doors are aligned and install moldings). Any additional charges (eg for stair carries) must be arranged with IWA in advance. For Le Cache wine cabinets, additional charges generally will be due and payable to the carrier at the time of delivery.
- Door to Door Delivery: for wine furniture, we offer delivery to the first threshold. Unpacking, and placement are not included, and are available for an additional fee.
- LTL / Curbside Delivery: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders,we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees.
- Free Ground Shipping: for a limited time, receive free ground shipping on all CellarPro cooling units in the lower 48 United States. Accessories purchased and shipped with cooling units also ship free.
- FedEx Ground Canada: For selected items, we offer FedEx Ground Canada service based on negotiated FedEx rates.
- FedEx International Economy: based on negotiated FedEx rates outside the US.
- FedEx International Hazmat: when shipping certain items with compressed Nitrogen gas, the DOT requires that we ship via Hazmat service, which includes a Hazmat fee of $40 per package.
- Priority Mail International: based on USPS rates outside the US.
- Common Carrier Canada: for large cooling units, wine coolers, large wine rack projects and other large orders,we offer curbside service via various common carriers with flat-rate fees.
- Inside Delivery - for wine cabinets, we offer inside delivery to a ground floor, including setup and removal of packaging based on negotiated carrier rates.
- Standard Int'l (Estimated) - we offer an estimated rate for international shipments as a placeholder. After an order is submitted, we will calculate the actual shipping rate, and if necessary, we will contact you to collect the difference between the actual and collected amounts.
For all items in our store, we display their availability with the following statuses:
- In Stock - These items are in stock at our Petaluma facility, and are available for immediate delivery. Monday through Friday, we try to ship orders on the same day for orders received before noon Pacific Time, or by the next day for orders received after noon.
- Low Inventory - These items are in stock at our Petaluma facility, however, we have low quantities of these items, and we may not be able to fill your entire order.
- Dropship - Shipped direct from the manufacturer, these items typically require longer lead times.
- On Backorder - These items are sold out. When an item is on backorder, we will display the expected in stock date.
Time to Fulfill
All items list the approximate lead time to fulfill (not including transit time). We try to ship orders as soon as we receive them, with the following guidelines:
- Wine Stemware, Accessories and Gifts: In stock items generally will ship within 1-2 business days.
- Wine Racks: VintageView wine racks generally will ship the next business day. Wood kit wine racks generally will ship within 2 weeks. Custom wood wine racks generally will ship within 6 weeks.
- Wine Cabinets: In stock items from Le Cache generally will ship within 1-2 weeks. Vinotheque cabinets generally have 4 week lead times.
- Wine Cooling Units: most cooling units generally ship within 5-7 business days; however, some of the larger units have 6-8 week lead times.
- Wine Coolers: In stock items generally ship within 7-10 business days.
- Furniture: In stock items generally ship within 5-7 business days.
The map at right shows the transit times for orders shipped via FedEx Ground, originating from our Petaluma facility, as follows:
- Wine Stemware, Accessories and Gifts: Transit times via FedEx Ground will depend on the ship-to address, as illustrated in the map. Expedited shipping methods also are available for most items, with guaranteed transit times ranging from 1 to 3 business days. Please note that Saturday Delivery is not included with expedited orders unless the order is placed by phone and specifically requested.
- Wine Racks: Transit times generally range from 7 to 10 days.
- Wine Cabinets: Transit times generally range from 2-3 weeks.
- Wine Cooling Units: Transit times generally range from 1-2 weeks.
- Wine Coolers: Transit times generally range from 1-2 weeks.
- Furniture: Transit times generally range from 2-3 weeks.
In the Event of Freight Damage
Before we ship any orders from our Petaluma facility, we open, inspect and repackage all merchandise. Therefore, you can be certain that your order was in perfect condition before it was released to the freight carrier.
At the time of delivery, customers are responsible for inspecting both the packaging and the merchandise.
- Orders shipped via inside delivery or common carrier: In the event that your order arrives with damage, you must describe the condition of the packaging and the merchandise on the bill of lading.
- Orders shipped via FedEx or USPS: If your order arrives with damage, you must report the damage within seven (7) days of receipt. In most cases, we will request a picture of the outside packaging and the damaged merchandise prior to replacement of the damaged merchandise
Failure to follow these instructions may result in a denied insurance claim and/or billings for nonrefundable freight charges.
In the event of freight damage, the freight company has, at its discretion, the right to repair or replace the damaged item, provided that the item is in “as new” condition after the repair.