Riedel Sommeliers Hermitage (P/N 4400/30).
Georg Riedel believes that the majesty of Syrah merits its own special glass. Wine specialists designed this alternative to the Burgundy glass for serving Syrah.
- The broadest part of the bowl is directly centered between base and rim to better waft the telltale aroma of toast and black olives to your senses.
- The nearly-black shade of Syrah comes alive with flashes of violet and dark red through crystal-clear 24 percent mouth-blown lead glass.
- 9-1/4 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 21-7/8 oz. for an average serving size of just over 7 oz.
Recommended for: Amarone, Barbera, Blaufrankisch, Cahors, Cannonau, Carignan, Carmenere, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Cornas, Cote Rotie, Cotes du Rhone Rouge, Cotes du Roussillon, Cotes du Ventoux, Crozes Hermitage, Grenache/Garnacha, Hermitage (red), Madiran, Malbec, Montsant, Mourvadre, Norton, Petite Sirah, Pinotage, Priorato, Shiraz, St. Joseph (red), Syrah, Tannat, Touriga Nacional, Zweigelt
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Slightly more symmetrical shape than other Riedel glasses intended for Syrah, for greater visual appeal.
- The high quality material and design result in a uniquely resonant and musical ring upon clinking.
- The Sommeliers line was the very first to tailor design specifications to individual varietals.
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes.
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Capacity: 21 7/8 oz
Size: 9 1/4h (in)
Weight: 1.8 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.