Riedel is famous for designing glasses for particular varietals. This glass is unique in that it fulfills that function while being versatile at the same time.
Where else are you going to find a glass made for both Chianti and Riesling? Extremely elegant. Worth the price for no seam on the stem.
Riedel Sommeliers Riesling/Zinfandel (P/N 4400/15).
- Riesling expresses more notes and finish on the mid-palate than at the front of the mouth; the shape of the Sommeliers bowl directs the wine to those areas.
- 8-7/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 13.4 oz. for an average serving size of just over 4 oz.
- Weighs 10 oz.-just enough to optimize stability and still feel great to lift.
Recommended for: Alsace Grand Cru, Bardolino, Beaujolais Nouveau, Blauer Portugieser, Chianti Classico, Cotes de Provence, Cotes du Rhone rose, Dolcetto, Jurancon Sec, Lagrein, Marsannay rose, Montepulciano, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Orvieto Classico, Primitivo, Riesling, Riesling (Spatlese/late harvest dry), Riesling Smaragd, Sangiovese, Scheurebe, Schilcher, Smaragd, Teroldego, Vernaccia, Welschriesling, Zinfandel
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- The most flexible glass in the line: great for Riesling, Zinfandel and Chianti enthusiasts, but ideal if you also serve Beaujolais, Dolcetto, or over 25 other varietals.
- If you're currently serving in a Bordeaux glass, as is often recommended, the narrower shape of this glass is better suited for these varietals.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Capacity: 13.4 oz
Size: 8 7/8h (in)
Weight: 1.8 lb
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Recent Reviews
I bought them for my daughter and her husband. They are fantastic glasses. They use them all the time.
Excellent service, product, packing