We are so delighted with our purchase. The shape is beautiful and and looks great on our table.
Riedel Sommeliers Sauternes Wine Glass, #5305
Riedel Sommeliers Sauternes Wine Glass (P/N 4400/55).
The concentrated, distinct profile of this sweet French dessert wine calls for a vessel created with those attributes in mind. The unusual shape of the glass is immediately apparent; the reason for its unconventional curve lies in the qualities of Sauternes itself.
- The shape directs the wine to the places on the palate where the sweetness doesn't overshadow the special acidic zest.
- The deep golden hue of a well-aged Sauternes is maximized by the brilliance of mouth-blown 24% leaded crystal.
- Stands 7-7/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 13.8 oz. for an average serving size of 4.5 oz.
Recommended for: Ausbruch, Auslese (sweet), Barsac, Beerenauslese, Dessertwine, Jurançon moelleux, Monbazillac, Recioto di Soave, Sauternes, Trockenbeerenauslese, Vins Liquoreux
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- One of few glasses specifically intended for Sauternes, but also suits a number of other dessert wines.
- Riedel has a reputation as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of high stemware.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses were praised by Robert Parker as 'The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes'.
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Capacity: 13.8 oz
Size: 7 7/8h (in)
Weight: 1.8 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
Received these for our housewarming party. The shape was very unique. Definitely different than the other glasses we have at home.