Riedel Vinum Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot Set of 2 (P/N 6416/0).
A staple for any collection, this set suits a wide variety of red wines.
- Crystal clear lead-free glass intensifies the deep magenta hue of the wine.
- A spacious bowl develops the full bouquet for maximum enjoyment.
- The convex shape of the glass sends the fruity impact of the alcohol directly to the corresponding taste buds at the back of the tongue.
Recommended for: Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fronsac, Graves rouge, Listrac, Margaux, Medoc, Merlot, Moulis, Pauillac, Pessac Leognan (Rouge), Pomerol, St. Emilion, St. Estephe, St. Julien
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The elegance of a thinner material eliminates distraction as you sip.
- Machine-made glasses offer precision and uniformity among the glasses.
- Costs 50% less than the Riedel Sommeliers Cabernet glass.
The Riedel Vinum series was the first machine-made glass in history to be based on the characteristics of each grape varietal.
Exclusively for our retail customers, use Promo Code FS16W to receive free ground shipping in the lower 48 states on orders of $50 or more during the holiday season. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Cabernet Sauvignon varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
- Set of 2 stems
Capacity: 21.5 oz.
Size: 8 7/8h (in)
Weight: 2.7 lb
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the quality of Riedel's new lead-free crystal compare to its 24% lead crystal glass?
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.