I could not be more pleased, service was great from beginning to end, very good!
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
NOW EVEN QUIETER! Designed for wine collectors with serious wine storage requirements in a more rugged storage environment.
Capacity: 368 Bottles
- Double-Deep storage
- Racked Slots: 320 Bottles (3 3/4-inch slots)
- Bulk Space: approximately 48 Bottles (stacked)
COOLING UNIT OVERVIEW
All wine cabinets from Le Cache come with a choice of 3 CellarPro cooling units included in the price of the wine cabinet. The 3 CellarPro cooling units are sized exactly alike, and therefore they are interchangeable. However, the 3 cooling units differ in terms of their BTUH cooling output and the level of noise that they produce. Each of the 3 cooling units is discussed below.
For more information about sizing the best cooling unit for your cabinet, refer to our Cooling Unit Buying Guide for Wine Cabinets.
The 1800QTL is our quietest cooling unit, and is designed exclusively for residential use in a temperature-controlled environment. The 1800QTL is appropriate for all credenzas, Model 1400 and Model 2400 wine cabinets. It also can be used in larger Model 3100, Model 3800 and Model 5200 wine cabinets, provided that the desired cellar temperature is closer to 60°F than 55°F.
This unit should not be used in ducted applications, or paired with our front duct hood.
Key Stats: 1065 BTUH at 55°F, 41 dbA installed in a cabinet.
The 1800QT cooling unit is approximately 30% more powerful and 4 decibels louder than the 1800QTL cooling unit. It is designed for residential use in a temperature-controlled environment. The 1800QT easily can maintain 55F in our largest wine cabinets.
This unit can be used with our front duct hood.
Key Stats: 1380 BTUH at 55°F, 45 dbA installed in a cabinet.
The 1800XT is approximately 5% more powerful and 3 decibels louder than the 1800QT cooling unit, because it uses more powerful fans. As a result, the 1800XT is ideally suited for garage environments (with temperatures ranging from 40°F to 95°F), commercial environments (where the cellar is frequently accessed) and installations with our front-duct hood..
Key Stats: 1456 BTUH at 55°F, 48 dbA installed in a cabinet.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Insulated wood doors
- Stainless bar pulls and security locks
- Furniture trim on doors and sides
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro wine cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 49w x 29d x 83h (in)
Weight: 385 lb
Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL: 3 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Warranty: 2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 45w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or it will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1.UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance above the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Rear View
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose between top intake versus rear intake?
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
The wine cabinet is just great. We are very happy with the unit.
Although the carrier performed poorly, Le Cache personnel were awesome, friendly and very helpful. My wife and I like it that you all appear to be "down to earth" and genuinely interested in producing a good product and looking out for your customers.
Cabinet arrived in good condition and is up and running. It was much nicer looking than you guys describe on the website. I was looking for something to place in the garage but the wood finish on the cabinet is much too nice to be in the garage!!
Everything as promised - shipping guys were great - only issue was, I had too many cases of wine - basically filled the entire cabinet, should of ordered two ( no room for this ), so I guess I will have to drink more wine...
Great value - $ per bottle storage is great.
I'm very pleased with the delivery and with the quality of the unit so far. I'm especially impressed by the solid ‘feel' – the term ‘vault' is well-placed!
[The wine cabinet] looks great and seems to work great. It is in my office so it turns on a couple of times an hour and runs for 5 or 10 minutes. Very happy with the purchase.
Just got the Wine Vault - and it is great!
The cabinet arrived in good condition. Getting it into the house was a bit of an epic ... but we managed. I was able to set it up with no problem, let it settle in over a weekend, then loaded in some bottles. So far, everything is working great.
They arrived in good working order. They are much nicer than the old coolers and so far, I'm pleased.
Great customer service, you answered all of our questions. Had many customer service problems with [another manufacturer.] Customer service was very important to my wife and me. Yours was the best. Our neighbors have [another manufacturer's product] and are jealous, because of racking problems, 3 1/4" not 3 3/4" racks.
The wine cabinet arrived in perfect condition and is functioning very well. I am tempted to order another one! Many thanks.
I am very pleased with my wine cabinet. I have it set up in the garage. During the summer it reached 90 degrees and the wine cabinet worked just fine. Thanks for making a rugged unit for just this situation. Take care..
Love my new Wine Vault! Lots of fun ahead working on filling it up!
I am just sending a note along with your questionnaire to let you know that I am very happy with my purchase of the Model 3100 Wine Vault unit that I recently received.Your customer service is excellent and for that I am most appreciative.
We've been very pleased with the unit we purchased.
Your product really is superior to other brands. As a first-time cellar buyer. it was hard to see this until I saw one [of your wine cabinets] in person.
I love your wine cabinets (this is my 2nd one!) They are very well-made. look beautiful and work great.
We were extremely pleased with the quality and delivery of the product. I especially liked getting the Owner's Manual in advance.
We love it!
I just bought a Model 3100... great wine cabinet and friends are clearing space to try to get one as well.
Just took delivery of my Model 3100 wine cabinet. Wanted to leave the following comment: 'Excellent product. and even better customer service from Le Cache's hands-on partners. Thanks for a positive experience.'
I loved the product so much I purchased a second unit a week later.
I previously had a wine cellar by [another manufacturer]. The quality of Le Cache is far superior. the customer service and delivery were also incredible. It looks great. the racks are really nice and it is built extremely well. I would highly recommend doing business with you.