St. Helena Hide A Bar Wine Furniture Chocolate #2325
There is racking for 22 bottles of wine and 4 rows of hanging racks to hold up to 16 glasses. Also included are two drawers for bar tools and cocktail accessories and 8 in-door shelves for liquor, glasses and tumblers. The doors open wide so there's plenty of room to make a perfect martini or pour an excellent vintage Bordeaux. The glittering mirror back and a shelf for glasses adds a sparkling accent to any room.
A ceiling light illuminates the interior and the lockable door provides extra security.
- Double-door armoire opens to reveal a self-contained bar
- Racking for 22 bottles of wine
- 8 in-door shelves for liquor, glasses and tumblers
- 2 drawers for bar tools and cocktail accessories
- 4 rows of hanging racks to hold up to 16 glasses
- Mirror back and hanging rack for glasses
- Lighting control button
- Lockable door provides extra security
- Beautifully-grained hardwood veneers
Size: 43w x 23d x 75h (in)
Weight: 325 lbs
Ratings & Reviews
chocolate cherry St Helena hide a bar
This chest is absolutely beautiful. The color is rich and smooth and honestly is exactly what I was looking for. I'm giving the review 4 stars instead of 5 because of a few very minor imperfections. The drawers and cabinet doors do not match up perfectly which is to be expected and the mirror inside is cloudy and scuffed (not scratched) and only in two corners. These slight imperfections are too small to ask for a new unit which I was assured would not be a problem if I were unhappy with the condition of the unit when it arrived. The "bare wire" as stated in the other review is a touch sensitive clasp that turns the light on, like some lamps that turn on by touch rather than a button, this could be prettier but it's well hidden and still practical. Only one door is magnetic while the other needs to be latched to keep closed. Skeleton keys to keep the bar locked from children are included and was a great addition that I was unaware of! The 3-4 people I spoke with at IWA were very helpful and all stand behind their work. The cabinet arrived later than quoted but only by 2 weeks which is not a big problem but noteworthy. Other than that I love the hide a bar! Definitely recommend this for anyone with the space and need for a bar like this. IWA was great to work with! Worth every penny.
St. Helena Hide-A-Bar Chocolate Cherry
When I called IWA to inquire about this bar, I told them I was looking to duplicate a Howard Miller Sonoma bar that I had at another house but it was on backorder at all sites. The agent assured me that this was a bar that IWA produced utilizing better woods and features. I disagree for the following reasons:
1. While the wood looks nice, the corners do not fit well and the back panel pulled off during shipment.
2. On the Howard Miller bar, the interior light comes on automatically when the door is opened. On this bar a bare wire is wedged beneath the right door hinge on the upper right side. You turn the light off and on my touching this bare wire.
3. On the Howard Miller bar, both doors are held in place by magnets. On this bar you have to lock the left door in place with a slide bar and then close the right door against the magnets. By the way, the slide lock did not align with the hole tapped in the upper frame when delivered. It had to be modified to work.
4. LIKE HOWARD MILLER, IT'S MADE IN CHINA!