Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy Set of 6 #6987
- A wide bowl gives this French variety of brandy room to aerate for optimum taste and scent.
- The stem, comparatively long for a cognac glass, elevates the liqueur and elongates the broad-bowled vessel.
- Thin, crisp lead-free glass makes for a more attractive appearance. Hand-washing recommended.
Recommended for: Armagnac (mature), Armagnac (young), Brandy, Calvados, Cognac V.S.O.P., Cognac XO, Rum, V.S.O.P. Cognac, XO Cognac
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- This particular cognac glass has a distinctive profile that differs aesthetically from typical, tulip-lipped snifter shapes.
- Riedel is recognized as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of fine wine stemware.
- The Vinum line offers high-end glasses at an affordable price.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of fine liquer
- Glasses designed with elegance, lightness, and balance
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
- Set of 6 glasses
Size: 7 1/4h (in)
Weight: 4.6 lbs
Capacity: 7 ounces
What makes Riedel stemware unique
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
I don’t mind leaded glassware, because it sparkles better and unless you leave the spirits / wine in the glass for months there isn’t any health issue. I like that about these glasses, but found the thick seams to be distracting. It’s a nice glass for everyday use, but I think it is expensive for what it is. I’m not sure I’d pay this much for these again.
When I was in Chicago I ordered a Cognac at a restaurant, and they served it in these glasses. I have collected and enjoyed Cognac for years, but never fully appreciated the effect the glass can have on the experience. I tracked down the manager to find out the brand and immediately ordered a set once I got back home. If you enjoy Cognac, treat yourself and pick up set of these. I wanted the set of 6 because I host tastings from time to time, but they also sell 2 pack sets.
Great Birthday 50th gift
This set was the perfect 50th birthday gift with a bottle of Cognac.