Riedel Sommeliers Alsace #7515
- The medium-sized, spherical bowl fully reveals the fruit and mineral components of this under-appreciated treasure of the wine world.
- Highly skilled artisans execute the 2000-year-old art of mouth-blowing glass to create 24 percent lead crystal bowls.
- 7-3/4 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 9 oz.
Recommended for: Aligote, Chasselas, Chenin blanc, Cortese, Fume; Blanc, Furmint (dry), Gewurztraminer, Gutedel, Kerner, Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Muller-Thurgau, Muskateller, Muskat-Ottonel, Neuburger, Palomino (except Sherry), Pedro Ximenez, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Ribolla gialla, Rotgipfler, Rulander, Sancerre, Sauvignon blanc, Soave, Tokay, Trebbiano, Vin de Savoie (white), Zierfandler.
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Flexible enough to accommodate a wide variety of white wine varietals, and the preferred white wine glass of many.
- One of the more affordable glasses in the Sommeliers line.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Ratings & Reviews
Riedel Sommeliers Alsace Glass 4400/05
My husband and I have used Riedel Sommeliers wine glasses for many years. While we have several sizes, we have always favored the small Alsace glass for white wines. Oddly, many of them broke and we were told that there was some sort of defect in their manufacture (None of the other glasses broke). For years we tried to replace them and we were told that they were no longer manufactured We recently found them on line at IWA and we are thrilled to have them again. Hopefully these will not break.