Riedel O Cabernet Glasses Value Pack Buy 6 Get 8 #1160
Riedel O Cabernet Glasses Value Pack Buy 6 Get 8 (P/N 5414/80).
Tired of fragile stems breaking? Reduce the cost of replacement by trying the Riedel O stemless tumbler.
- Merlot is back in style, and Cabs never went out; showcase your favorites by serving them in this trendsetting stemless design.
- The bowl shape and rim diameter are based on the revolutionary shapes of Riedel Vinum-at a fraction of the price. 4-7/8 inch tall, with a maximum capacity of 21.1 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Machine-made lead-free glass is dishwasher safe.
Recommended for: Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Fronsac, Graves Rouge, Listrac, Margaux, Medoc, Merlot, Moulis, Pauillac, Pessac Leognan (Blanc), Pomerol, St. Emilion, St. Julien
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- The bottom of the bowl has greater width and depth than competing glasses, resulting in a stabilizing, harmonious balance.
- Riedel is renowned worldwide for producing the finest stemware for wine.
- The lowest-priced Cabernet glass among the Riedel lines.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal
- Special Value-Set pricing
Riedel recently began the process of converting all of its glassware from lead to lead-free glass crystal, and eventually all of Riedel's glassware will be lead-free. We compared lead vs the lead-free (Sommelier Bordeaux Grand Cru glasses side by side, and found it difficult to distinguish between the glasses. It seemed like the lead-free glasses had thinner stems and rims, while the 24% lead glasses seemed slightly heaver in the hand. There was no discernable difference in the balance, clarity or construction of the glasses.
Ratings & Reviews
These are wonderful glasses (the buy 6 get 8 is a spectacular value). Lightweight, stable, versatile. Less chance someone will knock them over. Highly recommended (esp if you have the shelf space)
by Michael -
Nice thin glasses that look great and clean up easy....perfect for everyday use.
Riedel Cabernet glasses
First of all, I appreciate receiving 8 glasses for the price of 6 glasses. Me and my wine buddies found drinking wine from these glasses was easier than wine glasses with a stem. I'm always afraid that someone (and this has happened) will knock the glass over because it does sit up taller than the Riedel glass. I intend to do a taste comparison with friends using my Riedel glasses and stem glasses just to see if the wine actually tastes different between the two.
I would reorder these glasses in the future.
Good option to traditional stemmed glass
High quality and dishwasher safe at an affordable price. Easier to store than stemmed ware and nice option to a traditional wine glass.
Riedel O Cab -no stems/no problem
by Carol o.
Even though these have no stems, you still feel like you are getting a great Riedel quality product. Fits nicely in your hands, however may warm your wine a little. Great for patio/BBQ use, less chance of knocking over. Works well for desserts also.
Cute Glasses - great for parties.
These are nice glasses for the money. Typical Riedel quality, and they hold up really well in the dishwasher too!
by John -
These are great glasses that we will use all the time!