Placement & Setup Questions to Ask When Purchasing a Wine Cabinet
Most wine cabinets require at least SIX INCHES of space between the wall and the wine cabinet in order for the cooling system to operate properly. Even with top-vent cooling systems, many wine cabinets require THREE TO FOUR INCHES of space between the wall and the wine cabinet. These space requirements make wine cabinets sometimes seem too intrusive.
Le Cache: SB/0™ Technology
Our wine cabinets have been engineered with SB/0™ Technology so that, together with our top-vent exhaust system, the backs of our upright wine cabinets can be placed right up against the wall.
Freestanding, open placement:
- Contemporary, Loft and Vault Series wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country and Mission Series wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open—in other words, alcoves and closets will not work without our front-vent hood (see below).
Low Ceiling Height - Option 1:
- If you don't have the required clearance above the wine cabinet, we can configure the wine cabinet so that the cabinet intakes air from the rear.
- There is no additional charge for this option.
- In this case, the wine cabinet will need to be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, alcoves and closets will not work without our front-vent hood (see below)
PLEASE NOTE: minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet are required for periodic maintenance of the cooling unit.
Low Ceiling Height - Option 2:
- If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall, or you want to place the cabinet in an enclosed space (like a closet or an alcove), you may purchase our front-vent hood to place on top of the wine cabinet.
- The front vent hood can be used with all Le Cache wine cabinets that have CellarPro cooling units, as follows:
- Contemporary, Loft and Vault Series wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country and Mission Series wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
PLEASE NOTE: minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet are required to remove the hood for periodic maintenance of the cooling unit.
Credenza wine cabinets don't require clearance above the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet. Therefore, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet
If you plan to place your wine cabinet on a thick carpet, you will need to place a board underneath the wine cabinet to ensure that the leveling legs don't sink into the carpet over time, due to the weight of the wine cabinet plus the weight of wine bottles at approximately 3 lbs each.
Le Cache: Carpet boards available
We'll ship a carpet board to you with your wine cabinet if you like. Just add the carpet board to your cart at the time you place your order.