Le Cache Vault 3100 Wine Cabinet Classic Cherry #881
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Insulated wood doors
- Stainless bar pulls and security locks
- Furniture trim on doors and sides
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro energy-efficient cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Size: 49w x 29d x 83h (in)
Weight: 385 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL-ECX: 2.4 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT-ECX: 2.9 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT-ECX: 3.0 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Capacity: 368 bottles
Double Deep storage
Racked Slots: 320 bottles (3.8 inch slots)
Bulk Space: approximately 48 bottles (stacked)
2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Top View
- Top View Drawings
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 45w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or it will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance above the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
Ratings & Reviews
by Dean A.
I have had my unit for almost a year now & it has been great. I live in the desert & the temperatures have been over 100 & the unit works very well. This is my second unit from Le Cache & I would highly recomend their units to everyone. The customer service when plaing the order was very responsive.
by Susan F.
The 3100 wine vault has performed perfectly since it arrived - great product for our needs and good price point. As you know there were significant delays with delivery that were very inconvenient for us since we had timed the order to coordinate with a move. You and [the dealer] were willing to communicate and discuss, which I appreciated. Long-winded answer - you could improve by being able to commit to a delivery date at order time. Otherwise, I'm a happy customer.
Had to Wait
by Jerry M.
I had to wait over 3 months due to back order of the Wine Vault.
A very high quality product
by Mitch G.
A very high quality product, especially considering the cost
Finish and workmanship
by Craig H.
The vault is designed for harsh environments, like our garage; however, its finish and workmanship are suited for the living room.
by Chuck R.
Great service - look forward to many years of wine protection.
by Michael D.
I am very impressed by your product. Regardless of price. the quality of construction and attention to detail cannot be beat.
I love the unit!!!
by Ron K.
Thanks.......I love the unit!!!
12/12/2016 5:38 am
by John H.
The Model 3100 is a beautiful cabinet that was delivered in a remarkable one week to Florida from time of order. Thanks for the great product and friendly, informative staff who are always available.
Better than others I've owned
by Roy N.
Very well made - better than others I've owned.
by Richard H.
The unit functioned perfectly immediately. Cabinet finish is excellent.
Exceeded my expectations
by Sam M.
The wine cabinet exceeded my expectations.
Le Cache is far superior
by Alan W.
I previously had a wine cellar by [another manufacturer]. The quality of Le Cache is far superior. the customer service and delivery were also incredible. It looks great. the racks are really nice and it is built extremely well. I would highly recommend doing business with you.
Loved the product
by Susan W.
I loved the product so much I purchased a second unit a week later.
by Ben L.
Just took delivery of my Model 3100 wine cabinet. Wanted to leave the following comment: 'Excellent product. and even better customer service from Le Cache's hands-on partners. Thanks for a positive experience.'
Great wine cabinet
by Paul B.
I just bought a Model 3100... great wine cabinet and friends are clearing space to try to get one as well.
We love it!
by Lisa B.
We love it!
We are extremely pleased
by Ray C.
We were extremely pleased with the quality and delivery of the product. I especially liked getting the Owner's Manual in advance.
I love your wine cabinets
by Priscilla R.
I love your wine cabinets (this is my 2nd one!) They are very well-made. look beautiful and work great.
by Jeff C.
Your product really is superior to other brands. As a first-time cellar buyer. it was hard to see this until I saw one [of your wine cabinets] in person.
by Robert S.
We've been very pleased with the unit we purchased.
by Florence P.
I am just sending a note along with your questionnaire to let you know that I am very happy with my purchase of the Model 3100 Wine Vault unit that I recently received.Your customer service is excellent and for that I am most appreciative.
Love my new Wine Vault!
by Jeff C.
Love my new Wine Vault! Lots of fun ahead working on filling it up!
by David S.
I am very pleased with my wine cabinet. I have it set up in the garage. During the summer it reached 90 degrees and the wine cabinet worked just fine. Thanks for making a rugged unit for just this situation. Take care..
by Caryl P.
They arrived in good working order. They are much nicer than the old coolers and so far, I'm pleased.