CellarPro 1800XTx-ECX 220V 50/60 Hz Cooling Unit #1870
CellarPro 1800XTx-ECX-220V cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal @ 50Hz) provide outstanding performance, adjustable humidity control, super-quiet operation and extra cooling power for use in 220V/1PH/50-Hz or 60Hz environments. Now with energy-efficent EC fans! Starting with CellarPro's 1800XT-220V unit, we've modified the unit for installation through an outdoor wall by adding the following options and upgrades:
- An outdoor hood to protect the rear of the cooling unit from rain.
- Rear condensate drain line to channel excess condensate away from the cooling unit.
- Compressor heater to protect internal components from damage in cold temperatures.
- Power cord modification to allow the unit to be powered from inside the wine cellar.
- Coated condenser coils to protect against outdoor pollutants and extend the unit's longevity.
This unit can be used in North America as well as in overseas markets
Please note: Our units were not designed for, and our warranty does not cover damage from, marine exposure (within 5 miles of the ocean). In these environments, you will need an applied coating, such as Insitu®, to protect against corrosion that is common in coastal regions.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- This unit is designed to vent hot exhaust to and pull fresh air intake from the rear of the cooling unit.
- This unit was not designed to be ducted.
- This unit includes a compressor heater for installation in environments down to 20F.
- Installation in environments below 20F requires the addition of our fan cycling switch.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for outdoor use, 1800XT-220V units can operate in environments ranging from 32C to -6.67C out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $26.02 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit is designed for use in outdoor environments that require 220V power.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils inside the cellar, and the condenser coils outside the cellar, from leaks, corrosion and pollutants.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 8.3C to 16.7C when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 2-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
Size: 46w x 56d x 27h (cm) (in)
Weight: 31.8 lbs
220V AC / 1PH / 50 - 60 Hz
- Running: 1.9 Amps
- Startup: 8.0-9.2 Amps
- Total Watts: 320
- Required: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
This wine cooling unit can be used in 187-254V environments at 50Hz, and 198-254V environments at 60Hz. The power plug provided is Nema 6-15P 15A 250V Plug (Male). It has a screw cover plug housing with internal lug connections, and can be swapped easily to conform to local plug configurations..
Capacity: 1253 BTUH @ 50Hz / 13C
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
- Limited Warranty - 2 Years (Entire System)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
Wine Cellar Installation Diagrams
- Configuration Options
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Mounting Clips
Cooling Unit Replacement Instructions
- Replace Wine Cooling Units
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Sound Level
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: You should always use Sensible BTUH* when comparing different brands of cooling units, and when sizing a cooling unit for your wine cellar. Every cooling unit produces a certain amount of Total BTUH, which is the sum of Sensible BTUH (lowers the temperature) and Latent BTUH (lowers the relative humidity). Because our goal is to cool wine cellars while preserving humidity, wine cellar cooling units should have high Sensible BTUH and low Latent BTUH. The relationship between Sensible and Latent BTUHs is know as SHR (Sensible Heat Ratio), which is calculated as Sensible BTUH/Total BTUH. The SHR for CellarPro cooling units is greater than 90%, which means that CellarPro units provide maximum cooling power without stripping out humidity from the cellar environment.
*CellarPro Sensible BTUHs are calculated assuming 55F cellar temperature, 60% relative humidity and 95F ambient for all units except 1800 units (85F ambient).
How cold can the temperature be where the cooling unit is installed?
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar.
Ratings & Reviews
So Far So Good
by Gary Winter
I have had this unit installed in my above ground cellar for 12 months. In hind sight, I should have got the bigger unit as I am right on the 8 cubic squared room size and, living in Sydney Australia, the Summer temperature can be in the high 30 C for days on end. Saying that the unit has operated correctly and has managed an average temp of 16 C even through summer. The unit is quiet and pretty much self sufficient - I havnt had to touch it for 6 months. Cellar Pro as a company are a dream to work with, and the ordering and shipping to Australia was hassle free - highly recommend