CellarPro 1800XTS Cooling Unit #1294
CellarPro's 1800XTS wine cooling units (1/4 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide maximum cooling performance for small wine cellars up to 400 cubic feet.*.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800XTS units also are quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800XTS units are sized to replace Breezaire 2200 and Wine-Mate 2500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
- On the hot side, this unit intakes from the rear, and offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- On the cold side, this unit intakes from the front and exhausts from the bottom (thus the front 8 inches of the cooling unit must be inside the cellar.)
- The 1800XTS requires fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need a rear duct kit.
- 1800 Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- Please note: The cold side of the 1800 Series cooling units cannot be ducted, and the hot side can be ducted with 6-inch ducting (no reductions) plus auxiliary fan support, which is included with our our rear duct kit.
- You must located this unit within the cellar, with the following exception: these units can be installed directly above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
- For installation in environments below 40F, our compressor heater modification is required.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800XTS units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 10-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 22.2 Amps
- Required: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 54 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1886 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40F down to 20F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Works as advertised
by Bob S
Unit works well, quick delivery, good manual, especially with the online supplements. Customer service not great, I had an overheating problem, called in, they took a message, said they would call back, then just sent an email which was a copy of the manual section. I figured it out myself eventually,
This unit replaces a WineMate chiller in a 400 bottle cellar. During a recent hot spell in Hawaii, the WineMate simply could not keep up with the ambient temperature. It ran continuously for over 3 weeks and could not get below 72 degrees, which is really bad. Waited for the CellarPro since they were back logged on orders, and installed the unit the day after it arrived. It was a little difficult to install as it is quite a bit heavier than the Wine Mate and Breezaire chillers. Finally got it in and started it up. Chilled the cellar down to 62 degrees within a few hours, something that the Wine Mate had failed to do over 3 weeks. It is a really good unit, and hopefully will continue to run well when the ambient temperature in Hawaii rises once again. My only complaint is that the unit runs pretty loud being that the cellar in in our living room. Wish it was quieter like the Wine Mate and Breezaire, but hey, those units couldn't handle the ambient heat. All in all, a great chiller.
Replacement Unit Assistance - THANK YOU!
Thank you for your solid assistance and useful suggestions while I was ordering a replacement cooling unit for one of our wine cabinets. You not only helped me to save some money on the unit I ended up purchasing, but you worked very closely with me to ship the unit to our home during a very tight window of availability. BRAVO!
by Keith Sale
I have had a Winemate for 12 years and it never worked well The first Cellar Pro was faulty and I had to return it . The replacement unit seems to be functioning well. I was happy with the customer service
Great cooler - keeps my investment safe
This is my second 1800 xts. The first one ran great for 7 years. Very fast shipping - easy to reach customer service group. keeps 600 bottles cooler at a steady 55 degrees. Just wish they had recharge access ports for easier service.
Excellent Company! Excellent product! Excellent People!
by Michael -
OMG What a dream! After trying to deal with Vinotemp (garbage) to try to get them to honor a warranty I was so frustrated! I had 500 bottles of wine in an uncooled cellar! I fired up the google machine and confirmed that vinotemp is garbage as it their customer service, Cellar Pro was the way to go! I called on a Monday, received the unit on Wednesday and took 20 minutes to replace it on Thursday! By Thursday evening the cellar was cool again, by the next morning it was at 55 degrees! What a pleasure to deal with an excellent company that guided me to what I needed and understood that it was important to protect my wine!
by Ron L
Bryan Adams was Great! He directed me to the best cooler for my needs. He followed up to be sure my installation was a easy as possible and that I had all the parts and knowledge necessary for a simple install!
Cellar Pro 1800XTS
Recently received a new its 1800. The unit is working fine and the exhaust temperatures are running about 100 deg F lower than the 1800xt it replaced. The 1800 xt ran for 7 years without difficulty. I expect the 1800 its to run at least 10 years w/o problem. The cooling unit is operating in a garage in Miami. During the summer the garage temperature can go as high as 89 deg F
cellar pro 1800 xts
by Abe V
just installed my unit 1 week ago. worked as brochure outlined. maintaining temperature. bought condenser line and warranty. hopeful it works as all other positive reviews listed on site
I have had this unit for about a year now, I wanted to wait until I have some traction with it before I write this review. I have to say, it still works the same way as it did on day one. No issues. I have it ducted on the back, and sometimes I see the unit is pushing hot air, sometimes ambient air, I am not sure what the reason it, but it certainly does not seem to be a malfunction as it keep the cellar cool steadily.
CellarPro 1800XTS Cooling Unit
by Jerry A
I had the cellar pro for 1800 for 7 years. it never broke. the service at Celler Pro is fantastic. I did replace it with the 1800xts model which is 30% stronger and has two fans. love the machine. much more powerful. great product great staff
cellar pro 1800 xts for 2500 vino temp
by Dave -
There is no comparison. The vinotemp was repaired 3 times in 4 yrs. Should have known there was going to be problems when it stopped running after 4 days. Could not trust it to run properly. The cellar pro fit in the space is much quieter and cools well. The people I dealt with were very professional
CellarPro 1800 XTS Upgrade
by Daves S
Replaced a 10 year old Breezaire in my Le Cache 3100 Vault. The IWA support and guidance was outstanding. Installation is simpler if instructions are read in their entirety before beginning. The only difficulty came in the final placement of the new unit in the rack. This is cumbersome and requires a second person to pull the power cord taut from the rear to keep it from binding. Ive dealt with IWA several times over the 10 years of ownership and each occasion has been quite good.
by Steve V
Ordering was easy, the company followed up with questions to ensure the unit would work in my cellar and it arrived in just a few days. I was actually surprised at the short delivery time. The unit was easy to install and it got the room and wine to temp and has been working great ever since.
Wine Cellar Cooler
Just got our new unit installed into the wine cellar. Everything is working great!
Wine cellar cooler
Just got our new unit installed into the wine cellar. Everything is working great!
CellarPro 1800 Xlts
by Paul M
My CellarPro has been wonderful. It keeps the cellar at 55 degrees effortlessly. Our bedroom is directly above it and it does not make enough noise for us to notice, and it is a 1965 house.
1800 cellar pro
by Richard B
great service, fast and easy. I would recommend doing business with this company
Solid and dependable unit
by Charles K
Replaced a competitor's unit with the 1800 XTS since the old one was running all the time and not working effeciently in wine cabinet. The 1800 XTS works great by comparison. It is much quieter and more reliable so far. Highly reccomended.
by Richard P
Had to replace my 1 yr old 1800 XTS, after a fan stopped working. Since there are two fans, it was hard to tell that one wasn't working. The indication was I would get an HA2 alarm that the compressor was heating up. Had to keep a outside fan on the back to keep it from heating up until the replacement unit arrived. Their support service was excellent, fast and kept me informed. Back up and running with no problems.
Recently purchased and had this unit professionally installed in my basement cellar. Took a few days for the cellar to stabilize the temperature once all the wine, which had been sitting in a room at 72 Degrees for a few days. The unit was easy to install and is performing well. Runs quietly too compared to other units I've seen. I bought the drain line, bottle probe thermometer, magnetic air filter and the mounting clips as well. Some reviewers gripe about the nickel and dining and I certainly see their point. Cellar Pro could group them into a package and sell it, but the a la carte pricing works fine, buy only what you need. Their customer service was good. Shortly after placing my order, someone emailed me with a few questions related to my cellar needs. They were proactively ensuring I had ordered the right system for my cellar, limiting frustration and bad reviews post facto. In the end, when (not if) I expand my cellar, I will definitely be buying a larger system from CellarPro.
CellarPro Review: Second to None
by Frank C
I recently had some problems programming our cooler. The guidance and service I received was second to none. Their concern for "getting it right" was apparent and helped me solve my issues. My wine is safe and I feel confident that I picked the correct cooler and company to cool and protect our wine.
by Kendall Jackson Winery
Thank you, the unit is working very well.
For my beer walk-in Cooler
I built a walkin cooler out of a closet, I found the 1800XTS-B went to 43 degrees. it is an Awesome product. I had a few friends over and we would just walkin grab a cold beer. if you looking for a walkin for your man cave, this is the product you will need.
by HIll Built Construction
Thank you for making my purchase a breeze, I really enjoyed the vast knowledge of your staff and the prompt responses for any questions I had. Thanks Again !