CellarPro 1800QTL Cooling Unit #1151
CellarPro's 1800QTL wine cooling units (1/8 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide super-quiet temperature and humidity control for small to medium size wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QTL units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our learning center for performance and comparison tables and charts. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QTL units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QTL units are preferred for temperature-controlled conditions that don't exceed 85F.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 8-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 14.2 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 41 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1065 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
Much better than Breezair
I have a breezair with my stand alone wine unit, it went bad two times in three years, finally I decided to buy the cellerpro. it is a much better unit than breezair.
A significant upgrade from the original cooling unit
We have a 200 bottle LeCache wine credenza that originally had a BreezAire cooling unit in it. The combination is nearly 15 years old. Even though the coolers are only supposed to last 6-8 years, we got over 14 out of ours. I chose the CellarPro after doing a lot of research, and finding the right fit. Nothing was exact, by the way. The CellarPro is larger, and it was pretty scary - even with as much custom woodworking that I do, to cut into a $5000 credenza. I had to make cuts on the back to adjust for the added width and height. Because of the added height, we lost space for 8 bottles of wine. But the unit's performance more than makes up for that. The ability to see the temp, make adjustments, and it's quiet running are all great improvements over the old BreezAire. The clips did not align with the old bolt holes, but this was really a non-issue, since you can use self-tapping wood screws to mount it to the inside top of the cabinet. It is also lighter than the old unit.
by Ricardo D
Great unit. Had a little trouble installing and had to order the retrofit kit. Wish installation information on website was better.
by Mark H
Purchased to replace an old Breezaire unit in a 15 year old wine cabinet. Installation was easy.
After 7 years my original unit finally failed. After going thru troubleshooting guidelines I ordered new unit. It arrived within 7 days of ordering. Replacement instructions were very easy to follow, and unit is running as expected.
Cellar Pro 1800QTL
Pulled the old Breezaire out of my Wine Cellar Impressions cabinet, slide the new CellarPro in and now my wine is happy again. Unless you are 6+ feet tall and in good shape, get some help doing this.
by Gary K
1 system is perfect
Waiting for 2nd system.
Cellar Pro 1800 QTL
The unit was well pack and arrived quickly. It works very well in my insulated garage where my wine cabinet resides, and keeps a steady temperature while running quietly.
replacement of cellar pro
by Michael R
wow great service 2 months left on warranty called and they were so helpful. they shipped replacement same day that they got my e mail. replacement arrived across US in 5 days to me and they enclosed return shipping to them. They make it so easy Thanks
by Tom Z
I like to keep my wine at 55 degrees (I drink mostly red wine and I like to drink it at that temperature).
I have a 180 bottle cabinet and so far I am extremely pleased as the unit seems to work exactly as
LE Replacement of Breezaire 1060 in LeCache LC450
by Mark P.
I suppose I hold the record of Breezeaire longevity as mine lasted 17 years and survived two moves across the country. I researched both products, well, as good as I could research. Internet is not filled with chat rooms or blogs about wine cooling. The old unit came out easily and the new one went in just as easy. Super quiet compared to the older unit and the compressor is not running full bore like the last one did - it actually cycles on/off like it should. It is holding temp well after a little over a week and I have no issues. I like the power outlet on the side that permitted me to upgrade the lighting inside to an LED strip. So far so good, I would recommend this product for a replacement of Breezaire models. It would be best if we all could provide another review in 3-5 years and report performance. I won't give 5 stars, as I always believe there is room for improvement. Perhaps to increase longevity one could alter the construction of the components inside to prevent corrosion in either model, as I hear the lifespan on these units is about 10 years, give or take. I would think a simple compressor unit for the price paid here would be able to double that life span and easily get 20 years. Perhaps extending the warranty to stand by the product (10-15 years in lieu of 5). There's always room to improve or over-engineer a product like this to make it a "once & done" purchase for a wine storage unit.
Great company & great product!
My 1800QTL performed flawlessly before failing 4 1/2 years into the 5 year warranty period. It was quick and painless to receive a replacement unit. Much better performance and reliability than my old Breezaire. You cannot go wrong with CellarPro!
by Phil -
I just wanted to say thanks for making the replacement of my old dead Breezaire 1060 so simple and easy!
I followed all the directions in your Operator Manual and things went smoothly and easily. I had the Breezaire replaced with my new CellarPro in an hour, and this included removing the center post.
You guys do a great job and I will most definitely recommend you to any of my friends who need to replace the Breezaire in their wine cabinet.
Thanks again so much!
Breezaire 1060 Replacement
by David S.
Terrific customer service. Arrived in a timely manner, easy instructions to replace my old Breezaire 1060, very easy to install, fit perfectly and has been working great since I "plugged it in." Definitely recommend it over the Breezaire.
cellarpro 1800 qtl
by Vigilant Woodworks
Excellent customer service and lead time
Breezaire 1060 replacement
I have a 2001 LaCache 400 that had a Breezaire 1060. It worked well until the unit started to freeze up a month ago. I called and talked with Joanne. She was wonderful in answering all my questions. When the unit arrived, it was 45 minutes from check out the new unit to pulling the Breezaire and installing the QTL. I did have a problem with the old clips. There was no way to grab a striped bolt. So I cut the old one and slid the clip a few inches. Also, save as much of the old sealant as you may need it. The unit is working very well so far.
by Jim S
Works great! Should have the optional magnetic air filter included with purchase. Increase the purchase price if necessary.
Direct Replacement for Breezaire 1060
When my Breezaire 1060 died just after the warranty expired, I chose the CellarPro, avoiding any more Breezaire products. No problems installing this unit. Works well so far.
My BA was toast w/out any hope of replacement. I did some on-line searching and found the CellarPro, called them up, and had it installed in a matter of days. Excellent service and product.
The 'drop-in' replacement was slightly different. The existing clips I had required me to remove the front bezel of the QTL. That worked great. However, after the installation the bezel wouldn't quite line up with the fastening holes. The clips caused the bezel to be offset slightly. I managed to make it work but it would have been better to have the top of the bezel be 1/16" shorter than the unit.
I wasn't quite sure exactly where the butyl caulking was to be placed for sealing - the intake, exhaust, or both. There wasn't enough to seal them separately but that was more than likely a user error on my part. A photo would have helped with that.
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
I bought a 10 yr old used cellar with a Wine-Mate 2500 in it, the 1800 QTL fit perfectly and was very easy to install. Came with plenty of sealant (just make sure you roll it!). Unit works great and is very quiet.
Really easy to install the replacement for a Breezaire 1060. It almost fit perfectly. With just a file to make the opening slightly larger, I had it in very quickly. The noise level is much quieter than the 1060! It cooled the cellar down is only a couple of hours. Well worth the money!
CellarPro 1800QTL Review
by Walter Collins
Service was excellent. Unit performing as per specs so far.
1800 QTL w/Half of What Was Required
by Daniel Coffey
This is my very first wine cellar cooling unit. The instructions made sense and the installation was as easy as could be expected. The unit is quiet and seems to work very well. The room is only about 45 cubic feet and the unit is rated for 80 cubic feet so it's good it cools quickly and efficiently. NOW the PROBLEMS! To my knowledge just about EVERY application for this needs a drain!! Why this wouldn't come preinstalled is a complete JOKE! It seems they want to price the unit as low as possible and then sell you all the "optional" accessories that are actually a necessity at a much higher price than they are worth! Thankfully I am smart enough to install my own drain and not be taken advantage of by their $75 factory or $100 after delivery kit. Price the unit complete with all that is needed!
1800 QTL replacement for Breezaire
by Gary P. Mineo
Very pleased with the performance so far, and it is no louder than the Breezaire it replaced. Straight forward controls, and and easy exchange of old to new unit without any modifications. I just hope that I get more than 3 years out of this brand than the last two Breezaires.
Replaced and Pleased
by Diane Arendt
We also replaced an old Breezaire unit with we had continual problems with. This unit is nice, sleek, and very quiet. The instructions were clear but we thought the kit that came with did not have enough sealing putty nor clear instructions as to how to use it.