CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit #1084
CellarPro's 1800QT wine cooling units (1/6 Ton Nominal) were engineered to provide outstanding performance and adjustable humidity control for very small wine cellars and larger wine cabinets.
Performance testing shows that this compact unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 1800QT units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
CellarPro 1800QT units are sized to replace Breezaire 1060 and Wine-Mate 1500 cooling units. Please confirm equivalent dimensions and airflow prior to purchase.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. Designed for indoor use only, 1800QT units can operate in environments ranging from 95F to 40F out of the box. To operate the unit in colder temperatures, please see modifications listed on the Options & Upgrades tab.
- This unit offers a choice of top or rear hot exhaust. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- 10-foot power cord exits from the rear and plugs into standard 110V receptacles.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- 3-amp electric receptacle is provided to run a small lamp.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Enhanced Warranty (#1835) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
Size: 18w x 16 1/2d x 10 1/2h (in)
Weight: 60 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
- Running: 3 Amps
- Startup: 20.1 Amps
- Requires: Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
- Recommended: Surge Protector
Decibels: 45 dBA (Rear)
Capacity: 1380 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing Table: Click here to view sizing table
5 Years (Entire System)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Sizing Table
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
- Configuration Options
- Installation Diagrams
- Adjustable Humidity Chart
- Sound Level
- Monthly Operating Cost
- Front, Rear & Side Views
- Top & Bottom View
- Rear Drawings - As Ducted
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Intake Hood (Cold Side) #1932: permits the cooling unit to be placed directly above the cellar.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7409: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow. Includes an auxiliary fan, but no ducting.
- Duct Kit (Hot Side) #1439: same as the Duct Hood, this kit also includes 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations (but not required for wine cabinets), a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the bottom (#7431) or rear (#1606) of the cooling unit.
- Condensate Drain Line plus Heating Element: combined with a drain line, we add a 100W heating element to burn of excess moisture. Available with bottom (#7432) or rear (#1709) drain lines.
- Power Cord Modification #1098: normally the cord exits from the rear of the cooling unit, which generally is outside the cellar; this modification moves the cord to the front of the cooling unit, so that it can be plugged into an outlet inside the cellar.
- Mounting Clips #1095: attached to the front of CellarPro 1800 Series cooling units, these clips are designed to be bolted to the ceiling inside the wine cabinet / cellar.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
A: For installations in environments below 40°F down to 20°F, we recommend adding our compressor heater (P/N 1727), which is included as standard equipment on all outdoor units. Below 20°F, in addition to the compressor heater, we recommend adding our fan cycling switch (P/N 6972)
How do I choose between top exhaust versus rear exhaust? What about the fresh air intake?
The fresh air intake will always come from the rear of the cooling unit, and must pull air from OUTSIDE the wine cellar space - it must never be installed to pull air from inside the cellar. On 1800 Series cooling units, the hot air exhaust can exit from the top or the rear. Choose whichever configuration directs the exhaust to a space that is sufficiently large to accept the exhausted air, as long as the exhaust goes OUTSIDE the cellar and will NOT intermingle with the fresh air intake. If you plan to duct the hot side of the cooling unit, then the hot air will need to exhaust from the rear.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: First, the background. Unlike our competitors, we build our cooling units with precision expansion valves, not cap tubes, which means that our cooling units aren't limited to a 30°F differential between the desired cellar temperature and the ambient temperature. Cooling systems with expansion valves are much more precise than cap tubes, and much more sensitive to low voltage conditions, which is why our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Can the cooling unit be located in a remote location and ducted to/from the wine cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed above the wine cellar when used with our front intake hood.
Does the unit need to be installed through the wall, or can I install the entire unit inside the cellar?
A: These cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted (with insulated ducting to minimize heat transfer inside the cellar) up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
What if I don't have sufficient space behind the cooling unit for the hot air exhaust to dissipate?
A: The rear of the cooling units can be ducted to another location by using our rear duct kit (P/N 1439), which allows rear supply and return airflows from a temperature controlled environment OUTSIDE the cellar to be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: If you are using the cooling unit in a sealed cabinet, you probably don't need the drain line. If you are using the cooling unit in a cellar, we recommend the drain line, which can be drained inside (bottom) or outside (rear) the wine cellar. Choose the 100W heating element to reduce drainage as it helps to burns off excess condensate before it reaches the drain line.
Ratings & Reviews
CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit
by Bruce C
So far this unit is absolutely incredible! Way, way less noise than the Breezaire and especially the Wine Mate cooling unit it replaced. It's temperature control is outstanding! 55° +/- .8 degrees (tracked every 10 minutes on a data logging cellar temperature probe) and that's without using the bottle probe! To sum up: quiet, accurate, and very little vibration. I'm extremely pleased with it!
So far so good!
The ordering process was easy thanks to great customer service from Kenny. Installation was a breeze and the cooling unit was up and running in no time. It is slightly louder than the unit I replaced, but it's not a problem. So far I am very satisfied with my purchase!
CellarPro 1800QT Cooling Unit
by Dennis C.
Ordering process was easy and salesperson (Bruce Bennett) was knowledgeable and very responsive. Installation was made easier by excellent instructions in the manual. Unit is running well on the first day of startup. Quality looks very good - it replaces a Breezeaire unit which was unreliable.
Nothing To It
by Colin F
Direct replacement for similar unit, though I think the new one is quieter than the old one. I had plenty of butyl tape sealant, and as long as you have a decent ladder, it's easier than you think (I have one of the big, tall units). Kind of a pain getting the plug through the hole in the back, but only if your unit is almost flush to the wall, like ours is. If you have 2-3 inches gap or more between the unit and the wall, you're golden. Very happy with it.
Out with the Breezaire
by Jimmy D
Easy install, and the addition of an exhaust fan plug-in that only runs when the unit runs was a great option. Great customer service...quick delivery...functions well.
Great Engineering...Awful Customer Service
Replaced a unit under warranty and the actual replacement was very easy. Initial contact with LeCache was positive as they quickly agreed the condenser was bad and that a new one should be shipped. I paid the deposit expecting the in-stock unit to ship-out the next day. My card was charged immediately but the unit was not delivered for two weeks. I have $30k of wine sitting at 70+ degrees on a warranty claim and all the explanation I can get is "we're sorry, but there is nothing I can do, it's someone else's fault".
Great little unit
I recently planned and built a small 360 bottle wine cellar. After much research I have settled on the CellarPro 1800QT as the best option. The unit is very quiet and energy efficient. My cellar cooled down to operating temp in 45 minutes and cycles for about 10 minutes every two hours. This translates to a cost of operation of less than $0.20 per day to run. Very happy with mu choice to purchase this unit.
by CellarPro 1800QT Review
Really good customer service when I needed to replace my old CellarPro 1800QT. It was easy to install and works great!
Just wanted to let you know how much I like your cooling unit. I purchased a CellarPro 1800QT quite a few years ago and placed it in a 400 bottle freestanding wood unit I bought from WineEnthusiast. That cooling unit failed but you replaced it at no charge and since then my new unit has been great. I have recently built a free standing wine cellar in my converted garage. I used 2x10's in the walls and ceiling and have R values of 38. I now have 280 cubic feet of storage space (instead of 45) and your cooling unit is running less now than it used to for that little cabinet I had and is keeping things cooler. I am keeping the wine at 58 degrees and the temperature outside the cellar is 75-79 degrees. Power consumption of the unit is averaging 87 watts/hour which is less than it was in the small cabinet. I ducted the intake and exhaust to my true garage. The unit is quiet and I love the programmable features. I couldn't be more pleased.
My Cellar Pro unit died two years after moving. Evidently the movers had the storage unit on its side in the truck. The movers also removed the doors. They plugged in the cooling unit after setting it upright (they should have waited at least a day) and never quite replaced the doors correctly. I attributed the poor performance after the move to the doors not installed correctly which we had fixed. That was a wrong assumption. The cooling unit barely cranked on for two miserable years. Our service repairman spoke with CellarPro, and realized parts would be more than a new unit. CellarPro provided a discount on a new unit and after two weeks, all is well and back to performance as it should be.
CellarPro 1800QT Review
My Breezaire cooling unit in my LeCachet 3800 died after 8 years. I replaced the old unit with a CellarPro 1800QT top vent unit. The unit arrived well packed in the shipping container via FedEx ground. The instruction manual walked me through the removal of the old unit and replacement with the new unit perfectly. All went smoothly, even the retaining brackets holding the unit in place against the cabinet ceiling.
The only problem I need to deal with is that the mounted cabinet light plugged into the front of the Breezaire unit whereas the plug on the CellarPro is on the left hand side. I will need to make a custom cable to reconnect the light. Other than struggling a bit with the weight and bulkiness while trying to lift the unit up to the top of the cabinet, all went well. Really couldn't be any easier.
Replacing the 15 year old Breezaire was quite easy. The instructions were perfect. However, if you have an older unit like mine, the light fixture cannot be slide out, you have to remove the plastic lens, the bulb, and the metal cover to expose the screws. Also you will need a plug to rewire to the light fixture as it is plugged into the CellarPro.
CellarPro included a length of rubber butyl tape so don't waste your time trying to find it at your hardware store (they won't have it).
Noise is not too bad, much better than what I was hearing with the old Breezaire unit.
by P Barry
The unit was easy to install and is working very well thus far. Although subjective, I do not believe the unit is too loud.
by K. Taga
This is working great. It runs more than I thought it would but it is keeping the temperature around 58 nicely.
I agree with the other reviews that the customer service through the whole process was great.
by Nancy and Dennis
We used this unit to replace an old Breezeaire in a wine cabinet we bought used. It is quiet and very efficient -- just as Bryan (IWA Center) promised. Installation went fairly easily. The customer service was outstanding.
by Ken R.
Thanks for your help and could not say enough about La Cache & CellarPro's
customer service. The replacement unit has been installed and is working
perfectly and Fed Ex just picked up the original unit with the return
Good product, but noisy
by Brian Crabtree
Replaced an old Breezeaire unit. The CellarPro unit is doing a great job in the cabinet, but
runs more of the time than the Breezeaire and is much noisier. Installation is definitely a
two-person job. On the whole, satisfied so far.
Great Replacement and Great Service
by Ken Richter
Purchased the CellarPro cooling unit to replace a ten year old Breezeaire that was damaged in a local power surge.
All has gone well. Very happy with the advise, service and performance.
Well built, replacement for Breezair
by Don Smith
The design and construction is much improved. it works flawlessly. It's higher capacity and slightly more noisy but keeping my 5200 cellar very cozy. Service was excellent. Also upgraded to led lighting which worked out well.
Can't beat customer service
I was not too excited with the noise level of this unit after it was installed and working. I complained, but there was not much they could do. They did try, though. I decided to live with the noise level (nothing crazy, just louder that I thought it would be given the description). It worked great, however.
Then the unit went out after 9 months. Not great, but they were awesome about getting it replace. Shipped it down to me asap, and were on top of it from the get-go. I was surprised it went out, since under all apprearances this thing look very well built. But the service can't be beat. I have had one other brand go out on me years ago, and all I got was a prorated credit towards the next. Cellarpro's service can't be beat.
by Gregory Rubino
Cellarpro service was superior. I called to describe my problem, and received emails suggesting solutions. I replaced rather than repaired the cooling unit.
Two words of advice for replacement instructions: the face of the new unit has a decorative grill that needs to be removed when installing; if your unit is nearly flush to the wall (top vent), the power cord plug cannot be removed through the rear hole, and must be cut (or empty the whole wine cellar and move it away from the wall). The new unit's cord, for the same reason, cannot be run out the rear cabinet whole, but may be left to exit the top.
This new unit is louder than the model replaced, and seems to cycle less frequently. Overall, I am satisfied with the purchase, from ordering through installation.
Perfect order. Very helpful in making the right choice. Order shipped and delivered as promised, on time and perfect delivery. installation was easy. Now my La Cache can last another ten years. A bit pricy buy my motto "buy the best, cry only once"
Great Customer Service
by Jeannie and Tony Molinaro
I needed a replacement cooling unit for our wine cabinet and in a hurry too. Your CSR was an expert on his competitors' models as well as his own. What we got was not just a replacement unit, but a much more effecient, quieter, upgraded unit. We would recommend Cellar Pro to anyone.
Excellent cooling unit
Bought CellarPro 1800QT to replace Wine Enthusiast cooling unit KW-800b after 3 of those units failed within two years, the last one no longer under warranty. The new unit required cutting a bigger opening in my wine cabinet, which was relatively simple, and the rest of the installation was easy with the mounting brackets that were provided. The unit seems very efficient and quickly brought the temperature down to the targeted 55 degrees, where it keeps it without too much effort (this unit runs only intermittently compared with the old one which run all the time). Low noise level. 5 year warranty is reassuring. Relatively expensive but clearly superior quality so it seems well worth it.
by Lucas S
PHENOMINAL the unit is super quiet and cycles half as often as the 21 year old unit (Vinotemp) I replaced. I would recommend this company and their products to any and everyone.