Background & Goals
- Wine storage room in a Randall, New Jersey residence.
- Client wanted functional wine room with specific design elements and backlit wine display rows.
- Tight budgetary needs demanded kit-based wine racks.
- WineMaker wine rack kit was selected to match the client's desired style.
WineMaker Wine Rack Kit
- Client chose Premium Redwood with a natural finish, to create an organic feel to the wine room.
- Rack kit arrived in less than 2 weeks.
- Racks are stackable, and came in 3 feet and 4 feet height.
- Client assembled the racks himself.
Wine Room Challenges
- The room had an unusual asymmetrical shape with 6 walls.
- One of the walls had a picture window, so the cellar had to look great when looking from both inside-out and outside-in.
- Accomodate an archway display, a table top for opening and decanting wine, and open diamond cubes for bulk storage.
- Cooling unit could only be placed in one location.
Maintaining the Right Temperature
- A cooling unit was installed to keep room temperature to 55-60 Fahrenheit. This helps wine age better and makes it less likely to oxidize or spoil.
- Inspected the wine cellar to make sure it is well insulated, ensuring that the cooled air stays within the cellar and that warm air does not get in.