Background & Goals
- Dedicated 300 cu. ft. wine room in high-end San Francisco Bay area residence.
- Located off of the dining area, the wine room had to have special emphasis on display.
- The wine cellar had to match the decor of the rest of the floor.
- Since the cellar was located centrally in the home, it needed to look beautiful when viewed through the double-paned glass wine cellar doors.
Wine Room Layout
- Opposite the door, we placed a hanging glass rack, with individual bottle racking above the rack and open diamond racks below the tabletop.
- To enlarge the countertop space and maximize bottle capacity, we designed double-deep racking below the tabletop, and created half-hidden bin storage in the dead corners of the cellar.
- We used Vintner wine rack kits which are modular to fit almost any ceiling height.
- Racks were made with premium redwood and stained with a dark walnut stain.
- We designed the racks to extend from floor to ceiling to maximize bottle capacity.
- We placed rectangular bins on the side walls for easy access to wood and carton cases.
- We designed a display row with LED accent lighting to add drama and visual impact in the wine cellar.
- Crown and base moldings, beveled ends and eased edges provided high-end finishing touches.
- The wine cellar flooring matched the same dark wood as in the dining room.
Wine Cellar Refrigeration
- CellarPro 1800XTSx cooling system that is designed to be installed through an exterior wall.
- The wine cooling unit was installed near the ceiling on the right wall, with racks to the left, the right and below.