We fell in love with these glasses when we were tasting in Oregon. Couldn't wait to get some of my own. And on sale, no less! We love them and they are so well suited to the willamette valley pinots. We are enjoying both frequently.
Riedel Vinum XL Pinot Noir Wine Glass Buy 3 Get 4 (P/N IWA 6416/67).
Vinum XL line suits the new generation of wine enthusiasts who love the extra bold wines emanating from the New World and is lead-free.
- Experts developed the tulip-shaped bowl to concentrate aroma and direct wine flow straight to the taste receptors that most enhance enjoyment.
- The 23 oz. capacity accommodates even the most vigorous swirling.
- A well-proportioned base ensures stability and reduces the risk of a spill.
Recommended for: Pinot Noir, Barbaresco, Barbera, and red Burgundy.Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Riedel was the first to tailor machine-made glasses to specific varietals.
- The Vinum XL line suits the new generation of wine enthusiasts who love the extra bold wines emanating from the new world.
- The combination of ample size and distinctive rim shape distinguishes the XL from other Vinum products.
By highlighting the balanced flavors, maximizing the fruit, and integrating acidity and tannins, Riedel stemware enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of the Pinot Noir varietal
- Enhances the flavor, bouquet, and overall pleasure of wine
- Machine-made with lead-free crystal
Capacity: 26.6 oz
Size: 9 1/2h (in)
Weight: 6 lb
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Recent Reviews
Couldn't pass up the great deal on these Pinot glasses! I just loved the tulip shape the glass has. These glasses are much larger that I could tell from the picture (though the description does say XL - and they truly are!) These are an excellent addition to any Pinot lovers collection - I know my Mom loves them!
Purchased these to have a tasting party of my own while trying to recreate the experience from when I participated in a Riedel tasting class. We discovered it is true the shape of the glass does enhance the flavor. First pass of the same wine in a different shaped glass, the Pinot was bitter. Then again in this vessel, wow, I actually enjoyed it. Wish the cost of each glass was less though.
I've tried drinking Pinot Noir from all sorts of glasses, and this one really brought out the flavor and nose of the wine. Many so-called Pinot glasses destroy the delicate aromas of the wine, making them taste bitter, but this brings out the best; I think it's because of the curved lip directing the wine to front of the tongue. This set makes a great gift, I plan on buying some for Christmas presents this year. IWA customer service was helpful when I had a question about the packaging, and were immediately responsive. I'd buy from them again.